Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply General Harry Potter Discussions
Eww! Canon! Tonks/Remus? Don't make me gag! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite canon pairing?
  Harry/Ginny.
  Ron/Hermione.
  Draco/Pansy.
  Remus/Tonks.
  Lily/James.
  Other!
View Results

Nellynae

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:53 pm
1. In the case of the girls, I really don't hate any of them... not even Tonks. wink Though there was Umbridge, but seriously, how could I not despise her?! Anyway, for me it depends on how she (or any character, really) is portrayed. Like, I don't like when Neville seems like a pathetic wuss because I don't see him that way at all.

2. Maybe, maybe not. I'm can be very fickle when it comes to my favorite and least favorite things. However, I don't have good reasons to hate a character because they get in the way of my ship because I have so many different ones I support that may actually involve them. For example, I don't like Draco/Pansy because I prefer Draco with... well, a lot of people besides her. whee However, I also like Neville/Pansy. So, yes, sometimes I love Pansy, sometimes I wish she'd just dissapear. sweatdrop

3. It's hard for me to say. I'm more active in my support of slash ships, though my first ships were het, and I still support them to this day. So, I'm mostly for slash, but I still love both. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:14 pm
I don't hate characters. Heck, I don't even hate the villains in most books. Yes, I'm a major slasher, (maybe slightly obsessive sweatdrop ) so it irks me when my fave characters get paired with someone other than my favorite shippings. But I don't hate who they're paired off with because of it.

I admit, Ginny has had quite a few boyfriends but other than that she's a decent character (other than the fact that she has a temper, but what girl doesn't every now and then?). I rather like her. Same goes for Hermione because of her smarts and Luna, well, her loopiness is fun.  

Kai Artemios

Betty Clark-Holmes

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:21 pm
1) I like Tonks, Luna and Hermione I'd have to say. Hermione because she reminds me a lot of myself. She can be a total obsesso about her homework and grades and stuff, but she can really ground Ron and Harry when they're going wacko. Take in OotP, for example. When they're talking about Harry and Cho's kiss. She explains the situation rationally but still sticks her two cents (or pence as the case may be) in about Ron's emotional understanding. (Or lack thereof.)
I like Tonks because she's just really awesome with the whole metamorphagus (is that right?) thing and being an Auror and isn't afraid to stand up for herself. She kinda got knocked down a few pegs because of HBP, but I still like her.
Luna...What can you say about her...I like her simply because she's just a bit loony but otherwise seriously cool. She sticks by her (sometimes strange) convictions and in her odd little way is just herself.

2) I think that sometimes people don't like characters because of their favorite 'ships. I know that I wasn't too happy with the Tonks/Remus thing and so that's one of the reasons she got knocked down a few notches, like I said. Now, as far as Cho is concerned, I didn't really like her that much to begin with, but when I started looking over some of the (very) few Cedric/Harry fics and things, I liked her a bit less. And the way she treated Harry! Sheesh! She's a Ravenclaw and she doesn't get the fact that guys just don't understand girls. No matter how many signals we give out, they just don't get us.

3) I mostly slash, but now and again I'll read some het. Looking over a pairing an old flame got me into, I now shudder, though. He used to RP Severus and I used to RP Hermione. Enough said. Let's just say I've learned the error of my ways. -Shudder- So, yeah, all in all, I'm a slasher but once in a very great while will I read het. Mostly if it's in a story where there is slash with one or more of my favorite 'ships and stuff or if it's one of my friends' fics.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:26 pm
*Female characters you love and hate, and why.
I really like Luna just because she's just a crazy girl. Not really on a femslash or even het pairing though, there just isn't that much there. But I never really like Ginny with anybody, she was the younger sister and even with Harry I get a little weirded. Hermione seems to get thrown with everybody and I don't always like it. I mean, I can see her with Harry, Ron, and Draco but I don't prefer it. I really like Tonks, but not with Remus. Remus is Sirius's boy and that I felt that the couple Tonks/Remus just got thrown together by J.K. Rowling and felt like a bad end to a good fic. But I love LOVE Fleur with Bill. I mean, Bill is the badass Weasley boy and if anybody deserves a peice of Veela a** for the rest of his life, it's Bill. I love that!
*Do you think people's (least) favorite characters are based on what fits or gets in the way of their pairing?
I definatly think that people's views of slash get in the way of characters. I love the pairing Ron/Draco and so when Hermione is there I'm no, "Naaaw." But I can understand it, slash becomes like part of a person view on characters.
*Do you solely slash, or do you sometimes like some het, too?
Sometimes I like het, but usually slash is what I like. It's just so . . . loverly.

Roane_Fossegrim

wonkyspoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:26 am
1) I've always hated Ginny. I've always had a violent reaction to her, especially in HBP. It's because she seems so goddamn perfect. She's sporty, cute, spunky, funny, and popular! OMG! I like Hermione, but again, HBP was a disaster. I really have no qualms with the female characters except for Ginny. And I HATE her. It borders on the insane.

2) Not necessarily. I used to have a soft spot for Harry/Hermione and I never disliked Ron.

3) Now I soley slash, because I find no more meaning in het pairings. They're the norm, they're boring. But I used to like het, so I don't have any dislike for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:30 am
Female characters you love and hate, and why.

Hermione- She's okay...not my type of character, but i have nothing againts her.

McGonagall-She's a little on the stirct side. But I still like her.

Moaning Myrtle- She's Hilarious, I love her.

Cho-Bleh, too overdramatic. Though I do pity her.

Ginny-Kind of annoying. But she's okay. I don't like her pairing with Harry it was too obvious and I find them as a very boring couple.

Fleur-She's annoying, but she seems like a pretty decent person

Luna-I love Luna!

Molly Weasly-I love Molly, I'm not really sure why.

Tonks-I like Tonks, she's cool. I just don't think her and Remus work together. They just don't fit...If you know what I mean.

Narcissa- Don't love her, don't hate her. She's pretty cool, but not my favorite.

Bellatrix-She's kind of on the weird side...yeah But I still like her. No idea why.

Umbridge- b***h...that's all I have to say.

*Do you think people's (least) favorite characters are based on what fits or gets in the way of their pairing?
Depends on the person

I'm very fond of slash but I like het, too

Ariazella Malin

Nelly452

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:51 pm
1.)I like the girls in the books. I like that they end up with whomever they end up with. I am a hard core Harry/Draco fan but I knew, before HBP, that Harry would go out with Ginny. I don't hate anyone for this. I also like Sirrius/Remus but I saw Remus/Tonks coming too. I try to separate my fannon and cannon ships. I ship differently when it comes to cannon so that I don't have these feelings of hate.

2.)I think most people would hate the people who get in the way of their ship, hence the H/Hr shippers hoping that Ron dies and calling Ginny a whore. These people will even go so far as to call JKR a b***h and say that she doesn't know the characters well enough. To these people, I say STFU. Get over yourself they are just characters in books! talk2hand

3.)I solely slash mainly to keep cannon and fannon apart. Plus, I like all the posibilities that open up if you change just one thing about the character. I like to examine character and see what would happen if you put them in this situation. I don't want to be close minded to het, but I just didn't feel like those stories were doing that. It seems to only happen in slash.

I think that everyone who hates a certain character who is not writen to be hated should just relax. You don't need to get so worked up about a fictional character. They are no threat to you. And please don't take your hatered out on the author, she does not deserve it. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:40 pm
Haha, since the fist time I posted in this thread Tonks has actually grown on me a lot. Weird.  

vivaluna

Eloquent Conventioneer

8,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

KelseyAnnePotter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:39 am
En Vogue
Discuss:
*Female characters you love and hate, and why.

1. I don't think there are any female characters I actually hate. I mean, I hate Umbridge and Bellatrix as people, but not as characters, if that makes sense. I actually do like Ginny; I like how she's developed. I don't like what happened to Hermione in HBP, but overall I rather like her. Tonks isn't my favourite character in the world, but I don't actually hate her.

2. *thoughtfully* You know, I think you're right. I liked Tonks a lot better in OotP than I did in HBP, probably because I don't think she and Remus belong together, plain and simple.

3. Actually, I ship het more than I do slash; I'm a relative newcomer to the world of slash. My friend calls me "the Pumpkin Queen" because I was such a rabid H/Hr shipper for so long. I don't ship it so often anymore...not because I don't support it (I do, sort of) but because after reading Lori's stories I find it harder to write convincingly. (She does it well; I can't do it right.)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:56 am
I honestly think that Remus/Sirius is more canon than Tonks/Remus.

Luna is awesome.
Narcissa is a bit of a b***h whose husband doesn't love her.
Cho's an idiot. I hate idiots.
Ginny a mary-sue, no doubt about it. And she's pretty ugly for a whore...
Tonks was fine. But she needs to get over Remus.
Hermione is fine. But she's a bit blind.
As far as the other female characters, I don't care about them, they're fine...

I ship slash more than het... It's kinkier. :0
No, but really... There's not that many developed female characters, so there's not much to work with.
I think I could like any pairing, if I could find out a theory of my own, that explains why they like each other.
But most het pairing fics that I've read were written by illiterates with no sense of plot or description...

364 Unbirthdays

Nelly452

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:21 pm
vivaluna
Haha, since the fist time I posted in this thread Tonks has actually grown on me a lot. Weird.

well I'm glad! biggrin you really should not hate any of the characters. they are fictional and have not done anything to you. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:40 pm
I don't like Ginny, Pansy, Cho, or Hermione. They just annoy me. Tonks is alright though.  

-xIx-Tyki Mikk-xIx-

queerduck

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:35 pm
Wow. Most of the reason I hate Ginny/Harry, and Tonks/Remus is becuase there was NOTHING in the text before to even REMOTLEY support that pairing.

We at least saw Harry crushing over Cho for at least two books! I don't remember him thinking about Ginny other than "my potion smells like a flower, and damn, she's kissing Dean. SLUT." Well, not exactly like that, but you get my picture. We have an ENTIRE book dedicated to Harry/Draco, in the smallest bit. I mean, Harry was OBSESSED for goodness sakes! Also, Harry is not in the least turned on by hearing about someone's dead boyfriend, ON A DATE. yeah. I know, picky, but what can you do?

Also, I don't see any reason to support Tonks/Remus. We only learned at the end that she was pining over our favorite werewolf. I mean, she doesn't act clutzy around him. And most of the book is spent thinking she's sad about Sirius. Which, she is. I don't know why she wouldn't want to impress Remus, I mean, why let go of the attitude.

See, I at least like SOME canon in my pairings. I hate it when there is NO LOGICAL reason for the couple to be together.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:58 pm
*refers everyone to Sirius's post* She said basically what I intended to say much more eloquently than I could have managed at the moment. xd

I also agree with queerduck. I have a hard time accepting the new pairings Jo's added in the sixth book (besides Ron/Hermione), especially Remus/Tonks, because I didn't find any evidence to suggest that pairing was going to happen. It hit me like a load of bricks. With Ginny/Harry, sure I saw *some* evidence to support it, but the way it was approached in the book was...embarassingly horrible. Honestly, a chest monster that reflects Harry's raging hormones? Gyah. How terrible.  

ElegantSarcasm

Froggyfrogfrog

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:01 pm
La Femme Rigolotte
1) I've always been partial to Luna and Hermione. Luna because, as odd as this may be, I think whe is one of the most emotionally normal characters in the book. I mean, what with emo Harry, crushing Ron, bashful and strong Hermione, and staunch but scared Neville, it's nice to have a middle ground... even if that middle ground is a bit on the loopy side. And lastly, I like Hermione because she is a really strong feminine character. She's not afraid to get her opinion out there and circulating, regardless of the ridicule she may or may not receive for it. Go feminism!

2) It depends. For me its what gets in the way. Like Ginny and Harry for instance. ?? Ginny is a slut. I'll just get that out there right off the bat. Harry... can do better. For exmample, Cho. Granted, Cho's obsessing over her cadaverous ex (hee hee), but she was better than Ginny. Another HUGELY irksome pair is Tonks/Remus. Tonks seems like a pity case more than anything. Remus (I'm biased towards him) can do a whole lot better... to me, their whole pair up was just backfire off of Sirius', and then Dumbledore's, death. It had a rather "tying-off-all-knots-reall-quickly-so-as-not-to-have-any-loose-ends" feeling about it.

3) I am majorly a slasher. =3 I can't help that the slashy alternative is way cuter than the heterosexual one; however, I am not against hetero-love... IF the pairing works... of course, whether or not the pairing works or not isn't an opinion I solely possess.

<3
Maddy

I completely agree with what you said about Remus/Tonks. That pairing came out of nowhere.
I think Tonks was a pretty cool character....in OotP. You don't get all depressed if someone doesn't like you. That's just selfish.
I like Ron/Hermione. It didn't come out of nowhere, you could tell that it was eventually going to happen.
I love Luna's character. She's my favorite female character.
Ginny, by herself is ok. When she's with a guy....She's kind of scary in my opinion. Like a completely different character.
I slash a lot. I am not against Het, only certain pairings.  
General Harry Potter Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff