Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
Harry/Draco Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nellynae

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:29 pm
I like Drarry because there are SO many ways it can be portrayed - I never get bored! If I want fluffy Drarry stuff, I'll find it. If I want angsty Drarry stuff, I'll find it. You know?

I won't read anything that involves them breaking up because it makes me sad. emo I tend to avoid the ones where one of them dies, too....

I have this strange obsession with Draco being whiney and Harry being all calm about it and stuff. It's kinda hard for me to explain.... And when Draco has an obsession with a weird object or food, like marshmallows! whee Also, I tend to prefer when Draco is not too much taller than Harry. Not sure why.... Oh! There was this one fic I read where Harry was a Veela - loved that ever since. I like Draco as a Veela, too, but when Harry is a Veela... mwa ha haaa! As for who's the dominat one? Heh heh, it all depends.... xd

I mostly read Drarry, so I have a LOT of fics I'd recommend - litterally, I have a book I write them all down in. Just ask about some if you'd like. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:40 pm
Nellynae
I like Drarry because there are SO many ways it can be portrayed - I never get bored! If I want fluffy Drarry stuff, I'll find it. If I want angsty Drarry stuff, I'll find it. You know?

I won't read anything that involves them breaking up because it makes me sad. emo I tend to avoid the ones where one of them dies, too....

I have this strange obsession with Draco being whiney and Harry being all calm about it and stuff. It's kinda hard for me to explain.... And when Draco has an obsession with a weird object or food, like marshmallows! whee Also, I tend to prefer when Draco is not too much taller than Harry. Not sure why.... Oh! There was this one fic I read where Harry was a Veela - loved that ever since. I like Draco as a Veela, too, but when Harry is a Veela... mwa ha haaa! As for who's the dominat one? Heh heh, it all depends.... xd

I mostly read Drarry, so I have a LOT of fics I'd recommend - litterally, I have a book I write them all down in. Just ask about some if you'd like. smile

I also don't like it when one of them dies. However, I have read a few, and those few have all been excellent (not to mention major tear jerkers).

I stay away from Veela fics. I think I read one once and the any others sounded cliche. I must say that Harry as a Veela is one I haven't heard of... surprised

I might as well ask, then! rofl Know of any really good fics where Harry is in Slytherin? I'm hooked on the Sacrifices Arc at the moment and want to see more good Harry in Slytherin fics. The problem is probably that most authors aren't dedicated to stick through the entire 7 books...Ah well, Lightning does an excellent job with her writing. Enough to satisfy me~! (I'm also willing to look at where Harry gets re-sorted into Slytherin).  

Mizuci

MewAoi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:48 pm
I like Drarry because of the whole cliche 'overcoming the obstacles' thing... rolleyes They're enemies but they fall in love1 whee I think it's sickly adorable.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:46 pm
Mizuci
Kitsune_karin

Also, where's Fiction Alley? How do I get there? I MUST KNOW! O_O

Fiction Alley

One of the best quality HP fanfic sites. Enjoy!

I absolutely adore Fiction Alley...that's where I discovered slash to begin with. I've got a giant folder in my bookmarks of H/D slash fics that are all from Fiction Alley, but I haven't read any of them in a long time, so I don't remember how good any of them are.  

Uberniftacular

PiratesAttack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:32 pm
harry/draco is the best parring  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:21 pm
Draco/Harry... 4laugh I love it!  

Adalia Pendragon

lokefana

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:57 am
Harry/Draco = OTP.

I prefer Harry to be the seme/top. I just don't see him giving up control that easily especially since (to me) his personality is much more dominant than Draco's, at least from what we've seen in canon. (Not to say that I won't read fic where Draco is the seme instead; I just prefer Harry in that 'role'.)

Some of my favourite fics are:

Left My Heart by Emma Grant
Surrender the Grey by Emma Grant (sequel)
Transfigurations by Resonant
Resolution by Francis Potter (Draco/Harry)

I'm not too fond of character death, darklord/powerful!Harry (or any character), or extreme angst. I can handle it, but would rather have a generally happy story. Squicks include any types of defecation or watersports, extreme BDSM to a point, and MPREG. *shudders*

A major pet peeve OOC thing in fic for me is feminization of characters. Just...no.

Other than that I'm pretty game when it comes to fic.

If I think of anything else, I'll come add to this post. Heh.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:56 pm
I love Drarry!!!!! heart I think I prefer Draco being uke, or veela. Either are extremely hot! heart  

Baked-Not Fried

-xIx-Tyki Mikk-xIx-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:27 pm
I like it. It depends on what mood I'm in for who I want to see on top.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:52 pm
aw, this couple is so kawaii >w<
i love it cause it deals with two people who absolutely despise each other :]
it's love <3
the only fanfics i wont read are the ones written poorly. they drive me nuts ://

~FrozenBlack-Rose~

Cappucetto Rosso

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:19 am
Drarry is actually the pairing that got me into HP Slash. I was on the Theban Band website, and saw illustrations done for a fic. After staring at the pictures in disbelief (HP slash had never even crossed my mind,) I went to the fic, read it, and got hooked.

The only problem I have with this pairing is that it's so popular that the good fics are hard to find, buried beneath all the crap.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:10 am
Draco/Harry=OTP heart
I think I like it most because it was the slash pairing I first started with.
Bottom!Draco/top!Harry is one of the things that makes me not read a fic. It's just not how things should roll in my opinion. I'm also prone to only reading stories that are R or (even better) NC-17. ">.>
I love when stories have them as magical creatures, especially if it leaves Harry with cat ears and tail since it's just so cute! whee
I'm definetly all for the dominant (Draco)/submissive (Harry) deal too. There are so many things that I love for this couple.
As for great fics...well I could go on forever with this one! Maybe later I'll hunt some down.

Sorry 'bout my horrid spelling, I'm rushing this in between my teacher's hovering.

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

Pearls of Dimond

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:19 pm
I like this pairing mainly because it doesn’t work well- at first. It seems (If the fic is written right) that the two will never be together, even if love potions or seduction is involved. I won’t read stories with bad grammar. Nothing bugs me more that “Hrry, I luv U!” IT’S DRACO TALKING, NOT HAGRID! (Disturbing mental images) I don’t read death fiction or MPreg period!
My favorite stories are the love potion ones- usually if Draco drinks a love potion and Harry is the first thing he sees I’m reading the story. I like it when Ron interferes (just as a friend) and ends up being “alright” with Harry and Draco, even though he hates Draco.
I like putting BOTH on top. Draco likes to act like such a badass I think he should always be fighting Harry for dominance, even though I think he really is an uke. I think Harry is a true seme, and should be fighting Draco for his right to be on top. Whoever’s stronger wins. In my favorite fictions, Harry is stronger.

Not fond of post-Hogwarts myself. I like it too much when Harry SOMEHOW gets into the Slytherin rooms… and I love the uniforms. Something about them undressing from uniforms is nice. ^.^
The only time I like the “love slave” idea Lawchan mentioned is when he’s forced to be Draco’s love slave by Voldemort or Severes. I guess that’s technically post-Hogwarts, isn’t it? However, this is my own mind. I sadly cannot find a fiction like this written by someone else!
Mostly, I just enjoy a lot of angsty plot! I like angsty Draco, who’s weak spot is Harry in private and yet treats everyone like s**t in public.

I agree that all pairings are somewhat cliché and so are fictions. So what? Doesn’t bug me! This is also the pairing that got me into HP slash pairings.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:34 pm
Mizuci
I might as well ask, then! rofl Know of any really good fics where Harry is in Slytherin? I'm hooked on the Sacrifices Arc at the moment and want to see more good Harry in Slytherin fics. The problem is probably that most authors aren't dedicated to stick through the entire 7 books...Ah well, Lightning does an excellent job with her writing. Enough to satisfy me~! (I'm also willing to look at where Harry gets re-sorted into Slytherin).

I haven't read a whole lot of those, I'm afraid. Only one so far, not the best, but good enough to get me interested. Plus I haven't been able to read much of anything as of late because of school....
Hopefully I'll get to start reading all sorts of stuff since summer's finally here! 3nodding  

Nellynae

Opal`

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:10 pm
Draco x Harry = Love.
This is one of my favorite parings because it can be played up different ways. Draco dominate.. or harry. They are opposites, thats why i think the attract.
:]

Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces