Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Captain Kirk or Captain Picard?[Poll fixed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fav Captain?
  Kirk
  Picard
  Sisko
  Janeway
  Archer
View Results

Ginga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:47 pm
*flails*

Still, no one says Janeway! Alright, I didn't want to do this, but...

Okay, I DID want to do it.

*breaks out the "Janeway Pwns" signs and sets up shop over in the center of the room* domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:08 am
I like em both... HArd to pick a favorite.  

Avi Kerensky

Lopan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:04 am
Captain Picard because unlike Kirk, Picard doesn't make out with every new chick on his ship!  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:05 am
there both cool but i agree with lopan, kirk has a thing for the ladies!!!!!! hahahahahah lol xd  

Gigabyte

white_stranger

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:27 pm
Ginga
*flails*

*breaks out the "Janeway Pwns" signs and sets up shop over in the center of the room* domokun

As much I love Sisko and Kirk, I'm going to help her. *heads over to Ginga carrying a big poster of Janeway*  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:19 am
No doubt, Kirk. As far as making out with the chicks, thats only because Picard is too old to make out with the chicks.  

Christophers

Christophers

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:20 am
No doubt, Kirk. As far as making out with the chicks, thats only because Picard is too old to make out with the chicks.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:36 pm
white_stranger
Ginga
*flails*

As much I love Sisko and Kirk, I'm going to help her. *heads over to Ginga carrying a big poster of Janeway*

Oh, FINALLY! I'm not alone anymore. whee  

Ginga

Christophers

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:17 pm
You know Janeway wasn't too bad. My biggest issue was two things.

1. Any of her crew cross the line, and they got busted, but if she did, it was ok.

2. She was a micromanager, oh that bugs me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:41 pm
Christophers
1. Any of her crew cross the line, and they got busted, but if she did, it was ok.

Now wouldn't this be true for all the captains? They all make their share of silly decisions. 3nodding Besides, it's not like Starfleet's there to scold her in the Delta Quadrant. blaugh  

Ginga

KrisConway

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:23 pm
Eh...Janeway was neat...Picard was cool too.

Overall...I'd say Janeway. smile

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:03 am
No, but it does make her a hypocrit.  

Christophers

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:21 am
Christophers
No, but it does make her a hypocrit.
not entirely sure what you mean. confused

in The Delta Quadrant, Janeway did her damnest to follow Federation Law. Sometimes it wasn't all that easy to do, or even possible.

But what makes her a hypocrite?  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:50 am
A hypocrit is someone who says something, but does just what she says she won't do.

Anyway, all I am saying is that when Harry, Chakotay, and Tom did what they thought was morally right, they got chastised for it, hell even Seven can be added to this list. But if Janeway did anything questionable, it was alright.

Also, but there is not proof of this, but its still canon, the three senior officers on a starship can relieve a captain, so can a doctor on his own accord if he finds the captain mentally unfit. But anyway its a moot point. She had her moments and I won't deny it, and I did like watching the series.  

Christophers

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:56 pm
no s**t, I know what a hypocrite is. But in which case did she break the rules more than anyone else? Don't call her a hypocrite simply because you think she is, give an example from the series.

And you're forgetting rank, here. In many cases where people were chastised, they went against orders. Whos orders did she go against?  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff