Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
camilla Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:30 pm
To be honest, I don't care. If they're happy, good for them. The royal family don't actually really DO anything anyway. If they want to get married, so be it, we shouldn't let it get to us.
She doesn't want to be called queen anyway, even though by law she is entitled to. I think it might actually be a true honest move from the royals for once.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:31 pm
illyrianth
Invictus_88

She should not be Queen though, she should be Princess Consort, Princess of Cornwall as the rules dictate.

Surely it would be Duchess of Cornwall?

Yes, Cornwall being a Duchy. I was doing my Psychology, I'll blame that for the lapse.

rolleyes

Invictus_88
Captain

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:38 am
I think I shall have to call her "Queen" to annoy people. XD

Does anyone know what the legal requirements are for a women to marry an heir to the throne and be called "Queen" when the husband is the king? I'm sure that I heard that there were one or two draconian requirements, but I cannot find a list anywhere. (To be honest, I'm not that bothered, but someone might know them offhand)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:05 am
Invictus_88
Because by most accounts, Diana was a manipulative cheating b***h and Camilla the down to earth and supportive friend.

From what I've seen, Charles was cheating on Diana with Camilla...

illyrianth
tombrend
I believe that it was just decided that he would still be allowed to succed to the throne.

Now THAT...that I cannot agree with at all. Personally, my loyalty to the crown will be tested if not totally shattered if he ever attains the throne. I realise it makes no difference to him or anyone else, but it is a crying shame to my mind.

For some reason I don't like the idea of Charles being King. From what I've read, he is now seeming to be a bit of a bumbling fool, which a good king does not make.

Quote:
The royal family don't actually really DO anything anyway.

Look at the Monarchy thread, and save yourself being torn apart here.  

Zoutout

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:17 pm
Zoutout
Invictus_88
Because by most accounts, Diana was a manipulative cheating b***h and Camilla the down to earth and supportive friend.

From what I've seen, Charles was cheating on Diana with Camilla...

illyrianth
tombrend
I believe that it was just decided that he would still be allowed to succed to the throne.

Now THAT...that I cannot agree with at all. Personally, my loyalty to the crown will be tested if not totally shattered if he ever attains the throne. I realise it makes no difference to him or anyone else, but it is a crying shame to my mind.

For some reason I don't like the idea of Charles being King. From what I've read, he is now seeming to be a bit of a bumbling fool, which a good king does not make.

Quote:
The royal family don't actually really DO anything anyway.

Look at the Monarchy thread, and save yourself being torn apart here.

Well, they don't do anything. Not directly, anyway. Of course it's important that they're there, but that's all they really need to do, apart from wave at the odd important person. Don't get me wrong, I think they're presence in our society is an absolute necessity, but in normal circumstances, nothing in particular is required of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:26 pm
whapcapn
Well, they don't do anything. Not directly, anyway. Of course it's important that they're there, but that's all they really need to do, apart from wave at the odd important person. Don't get me wrong, I think they're presence in our society is an absolute necessity, but in normal circumstances, nothing in particular is required of them.

There is a lot required of them, go see the threads..  

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:16 am
It begins today... gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:57 am
It has been done... surprised  

Knightsedge
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:22 am
Heard it all on Radio4 while at work. Kudos on the dress, I'm impressed by how well thought-out it was and by subsequent photos I've seen.

Good on them, it's a shame he didn't marry her the first time around. I always had a feeling there was something superficial and concieted about Diana and her skilful manipulation of the media.

Cheers to Camilla and her down to earth "sod the lot" attitude. I love people who refuse to pander to the press.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:30 am
Well...I suppose it's fitting with the decline of this country that the Letcherous king has his whore become queen...  

and_solo_said

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:31 am
Not that I liked Diana  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:34 am
and_solo_said
Well...I suppose it's fitting with the decline of this country that the Letcherous king has his whore become queen...

Heh, lechery isn't a new idea. It's been prevalent throughout British history, even (some would say especially) when we ruled the world.

Personally, I blame the chavs for the decline.

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:39 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

Heh, lechery isn't a new idea. It's been prevalent throughout British history, even (some would say especially) when we ruled the world.

Well, not only the chavs, you're forgetting the 'gangstas' and the posh ones who want to be chavs but are too rich  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:45 am
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

Well, not only the chavs, you're forgetting the 'gangstas' and the posh ones who want to be chavs but are too rich

..oh, and trustafarians. stare  

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:16 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

..oh, and trustafarians. stare

They have a NAME? eek  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games