Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] why are there girls in yaoi guilds? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Riosin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:03 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:07 pm
cowwwcowww
Maethra Mulgavin
[_spaz_gasm_]
i mean im not being sexist,
but if its a yaoi guild i think it should be for boys only.
i think if the girls want to see yaoi,
go to a yaoi FAN guild.
im not trying to be mean.
ive been looking for a new seme.
and i just-so-happened to notice that there were more girls than guys.
its no problem with me,
it just REALLY gets on my nerves.

Please discuss.

ok, one this is about a genre of anime. Basicly, about guys liking guys. The major fanbase for this, is female. That is what this guild is, about the genre.

My question to you is...Why are you looking for an S/O in here? Do yourself a favor and go find one irl. Truly, you are looking in the WRONG place for love my friend. It's like walking into a lesbian bar to pick up a gay man... Not gonna work.

Thank you, that is all.
Oh, so that is why when I walked into that lesbian bar and asked if a guy would care to dance I got funny looks. rofl

yep that would be the reason alright... ^.^  

Maethra Mulgavin

Death By Squirrel

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:29 pm
cowwwcowww
Yaoi and Shounen-ai is smexy, we can all share. *smiles and hides the comics* heart

*cling* heart

I can honestly say I'm a little dissapointed by this.

In my opinion, if this guild was for men only, the creator would have said so. From what I have seen, there are more female yaoi fans, anyway.

Of course, not to be sexist sweatdrop

But I believe the female members of this guild have as much right to be here as the males. Again, if this were a guild for gay men, I'm sure we'd know 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:40 pm
Meep is something wrong when girls like yaoi
meep  

Neizfer

Moonlight_Shadow12

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:01 pm
Death By Squirrel
cowwwcowww
Yaoi and Shounen-ai is smexy, we can all share. *smiles and hides the comics* heart

*cling* heart

I can honestly say I'm a little dissapointed by this.

In my opinion, if this guild was for men only, the creator would have said so. From what I have seen, there are more female yaoi fans, anyway.

Of course, not to be sexist sweatdrop

But I believe the female members of this guild have as much right to be here as the males. Again, if this were a guild for gay men, I'm sure we'd know 3nodding
I agree with you completely if the guild creator didnt want us females around she would of said so in the first page of the guild and you are also right that we have just as much right to be in this guild as the males do to. I dont see anything wrong with girls liking yaoi and being in a guild like this chatting about what we like but I also dont see why guys couldnt like yaoi as well. I say let us all bask in the deliciousness of yaoi hee hee.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:12 pm
ummm not to make this sound mean but....
Its the same reason Guys are in Yuri/Shojo-ai guilds... They think its hott and they like it! blaugh 3nodding xd  

HighKiller(HK)

13,340 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Tycoon 200

cowwwcowww

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:35 pm
I will settle this. heart

*Talks like I am giving a speech* Yaoi and shounen-ai is so smexy, that no one can deny it. It doesn't matter what your gender is, no one can deny yaoi or shounen-ai because it is so great! So I say, both girls and guys have a right to see yaoi or shounen-ai, seeing as it is so great. Thee end. *Talks normal* heart

It is kind of obvious guys with other guys is so hot, how could anyone help not liking it. EVERY GENDER has a right to see it, read it, be in a guild about it, or just simply like it. I think this solved it, well I hope. heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:57 pm
I don't mean to sound rude here, but... yaoi is the genre of anime/manga that focuses on homosexual relationship between males (romantic and/or sexual) and not actually the name of the relationship between said males. It also happens to be targeted towards women (just as yuri tends to be aimed more towards guys). And, as I understand it, this guild IS for fans of said genre (whether or not you happen to have something dingling between your legs).

Perhaps what you are looking for is a guild strictly for gay guys?  

the_almighty_bob

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:27 pm
This guild is for fans of Boys Love, or was that not made perfectly clear? Of course, there will be female fans in a place like this.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:21 am
This guild was made for Shounen Ai/Yaoi fans, regardless of gender. If they wanted only males here then they would have said so in the rules. Enough said.  

Kobayashi-sama

wanna.be.freak

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:28 pm
they come because they want too and while, they love it  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:47 pm
we are in here cause we think its hawt!!!!!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl  

RavingPsyco

TokiTokiBun

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:32 pm
Personally, I'm sorry but this isn't a guild for gay men.
This is a guild for ANYONE who likes yaoi and shounen ai . Which is a type of manga that talks of stories between two males.
Now, I understand that fangirls who's vocabulary consists of chat speak is annoying, stare But please dont be mean to us girls. ^-^ We want to share the love of yaoi too.
Now if youre upset with the fact that there is hardly any males in this guild. Dont worry youre not the only one, hun.
Well...I'm kind of looking for straight guys who like yaoi.
While youre looking for gay guys who like yaoi.
lol.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:27 pm
Going by your thinking, shouldn't it be that this guild be for women only? Boys' Love is a genre for women by women.
This guild is about Boys' Love, not specifically a singles gay bar. If you're looing for a boyfriend then fine but this isn't a gay men meet guild. If you didn't read the first page, it says this is a guild for fans of yaoi and BL. Not a place specifically for homosexual men to meet up.
The fact that there is more girls in this guild than men is because yaoi and BL is aimed at women.
If you wanted a guild for gay manga, why not go make a Gei-comi guild which is actual gay manga for gay men. If you wanted a guild for homosexual men then make one.  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Cyanide Fantasy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:43 pm
Yumi_Kirei
It's because ShounenAi/Yaoi is in the Shoujo Genre, and since Shoujo is for girl, ShounenAi/Yaoi was made for some girls. That's why we are here.

Actually, Shoujo is for guys as well as girls. But yeah...Umm...I agree that it would be unfair to ban women from guilds like this. I get what your saying, that it can really get on your nerves, but its not as if yaoi pertains to gay men. Like someone said before (sorry I can't remember your name) Yaoi/ShounenAi are genres. Just like Yuri and ShoujoAi. And the men that join those guilds would raise complaints for being banned just because of their sex.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff