Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is it weird to like the cemetery? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it?
  Yes
  No
  Poll whore
View Results

moongoyal

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:56 pm
cemitaries have an eerie beauty about them.

i have a series of photographs in cemitaries, they make great backgrounds. and were very theriputic, since cemitaries are spooky calm places to work.

view them at moongoyal.deviantart.com  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:28 am
i like playing hide and seek at the cemetery wen it's night-time.....  

jello_cheesecake1023

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:12 am
I say it's not. I'm not overly morbid, but I love them. The old ones are especially beautiful, and as an art and architecture major, I like relating headstone styles to the buildings of the day.

My local cemetary is a great place to take photos, and not just because of the stones. Mainly it's because of the huge trees and the loads of ivy. Very impressive.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:36 am
Cemetaries. Beautiful but eerie... heart I want to take my boyfriend to one for a picnic sometime during the summer... so romantic.  

EvFaerAshlynn

machina alphonse

Eloquent Gekko

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:46 am
i used to take naps in one by my house. quite relaxing the feeling of knowing your the only living person for a conciderable distance  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:49 pm
You're in the Got Goth? guild; what do you think? wink  

perrenthezombie

Oterys

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:56 pm
I like cemetaries, they're places to think, to reflect, and visit the dearly departed, regardless if I knew them or not.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:18 pm
That isn't weird at all. It's actually really cool. My friend once found one gravstone and Emma Graves was buried there.  

Ayden06

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:25 pm
history_nazi
I like going to cemeteries to admire the headstones, especially the older ones that are more like sculptures. Half the time I find myself reading the headstones too.
I know a common stereotype for goths is being a satanic person who hangs out in the cemetery with the dead, and crap like that, but most people think anyone who goes to the cemetery for anyother reason other than a funeral is weird. I was wondering if anyone else does what I do or if it really is that abnormal.

There aren't too many cemeteries near me that I can go into, so I've only been in a few. I did enjoy the cemeteries, though. And one was Salem (older cemetery), and another was in Colonial Williamsburg, so they where older ones with nicer tomb stones.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:43 am
I like cemeteries and don't find the act of visiting them strange.

My great aunt is very into geneaology so I used to go and visit may cemeteries with her. I've seen some that look very beautiful and calm.

The ones close to where I live don't have any breath taking sceneary, but are still nice quiet places.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:12 am
Krypta9
You're in the Got Goth? guild; what do you think? wink

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

My boyfriend lives by a cemetary, we'll have to take a walk down there sometime. heart Graveyards heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:45 pm
it's not werid to like cemetrys cuz i like them too  

FireFarie54

The Rose of Demise

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:51 pm
It`s not wierd. On nice days I walk to the one close to my house, and I love to spend the entire day in the old cemetary on the outskirts of town. It`s just so quiet and relaxing. You have nothing to hurry you and nothing to do. Plus the old one has beautiful sculptures in it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:42 pm
I love cemetarys, the other day I found a nice one to walk through and found a headstone with my name on it and spelled the same way! ^_^ I take great joy in walking through random cemeterys, they clam me down really fast. It gives me great joy to walk through one and sometimes I even take pictures of the sculptures and head stones I like. Some of the artwork is lovely. =3  

Soriana Leo

Demi Veritaz

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:13 pm
I live right by one. The park is also right beside it.

I spend a great deal of time in that cemetary and the park.

Im also probably cursed from laughing at the names on the graves.

One actually said "Richard F. Cunts"

mrgreen  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas