Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:29 am
It's easy to laugh at Billie Piper just because she was a teen popstar, but did you see the Modern Canterbury Tales? She was in the Miller's Tale, and I for one was quite impressed at her acting.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:30 pm
Just finished watching it and, bejesus it was fantastic.

How wonderfully kitsch.
Billie's acting was quite convincing, and the enemies were suprisingly sinister for how tongue-in-cheek it was.
The BBC's CG is always quite poor, but it is getting better, and from the small clips of tomorrow's show I've seen, it doesn't make it any less fun.

Eccleston was loving every minute of it (but why has he refused to do the next series?)
Eddie Izzard on Jonathan Ross said he wouldn't do the next series. Frankly, such a decision seems dumb de dumb dumb de dumb wooo-oooh etc  

Zoutout

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:41 am
Talythia Starseeker
I'm waiting, videotape at the ready and time-slot on the VCR dibsied, for the episode tomorrow evening...and both fingers crossed that it's good! Though the trailer/advert I saw on BBC1 this week hasn't filled me with confidence. The new Doctor just looks like a guy off the street, and I always thought he was supposed to appear at least a little...eccentric, you know?

I thought that too, from the advert... but he is actually quite eccentric in his own way, they just picked the wrong clips to show it.

Part 2 is on in 20 minutes... video tape at the ready. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:50 am
Now you only need to suffer Strictly Dance Fever beforehand. xd  

Nebelstern
Crew

Talythia Starseeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:34 pm
Zoutout
Just finished watching it and, bejesus it was fantastic.

How wonderfully kitsch.
Billie's acting was quite convincing, and the enemies were suprisingly sinister for how tongue-in-cheek it was.
The BBC's CG is always quite poor, but it is getting better, and from the small clips of tomorrow's show I've seen, it doesn't make it any less fun.

Eccleston was loving every minute of it (but why has he refused to do the next series?)
Eddie Izzard on Jonathan Ross said he wouldn't do the next series. Frankly, such a decision seems dumb de dumb dumb de dumb wooo-oooh etc

Apparently Eccleston doesn't want to be type-cast, especially in the role of such a 'fey' character in a slightly goofy series like Doctor Who. He thinks it would jeopardise his chances of getting serious roles in the future. Makes me wonder why he accepted (well, actually he requested) the role in the first place. That's yet another regeneration wasted, thanks for nothing Eccleston scream Wish McGann would have come back, he made a fantastic Doctor in my opinion...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:03 pm
Well, think about the plastic surgery that is avilable as demonstrated in episode 2: The next actor doesn't have to be a regeneration - he could just say that he really wanted a different face or something.  

Zoutout

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:45 pm
Well, episode three has past, and so i expect there will be another small outburt of discussion here.
I liked it. Although it did have a different writer... and i think i prefere the first one. But it was still fun. And they managed to end it with Charles Dickens saying 'God bless us, every one'. Not that that was at all predicatable...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:04 am
I rather liked it, looking forward to the next one though. It looks quite promising, for me at least. With aliens and paras and army folk waving guns.

rolleyes

Invictus_88
Captain

Zoutout

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:20 am
I'm primarily waiting for the Adrleks - apparently they're a bit more scary this time (because of "What they use those suction cups for!")  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:24 am
Zoutout
I'm primarily waiting for the Darleks - apparently they're a bit more scary this time (because of "What they use those suction cups for!")

And they can fly... you can't just do upstairs anymore. You'll have to resort to going into a room that has a door!  

Ph_ish

Talythia Starseeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:35 pm
Ph_ish
Zoutout
I'm primarily waiting for the Darleks - apparently they're a bit more scary this time (because of "What they use those suction cups for!")

And they can fly... you can't just do upstairs anymore. You'll have to resort to going into a room that has a door!

They've come a long way from being powered by...what was it, static electricity from metal floors? *laughs* The Dodgem-Daleks xd

I prefer the Cybermen myself, they're less laughable, especially in this day and age. Not so much of a joke...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:53 am
"David Tennant > All"

Opinions?

Invictus_88
Captain

Misty_Watersprite

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:44 am
AAAAHHHHGGGAAHHHHGGGAAAHHHH!!!! I loooove Doctor Who!! Eccleston was the best xd and I've got some episodes on my iPod!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:39 am
Misty_Watersprite
AAAAHHHHGGGAAHHHHGGGAAAHHHH!!!! I loooove Doctor Who!! Eccleston was the best xd and I've got some episodes on my iPod!!!

Noo! David Tennant is far better than Ecclestone!

Well, I think so. David Tennant really fits the role. I believe.

Invictus_88
Captain

Spatterdash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:56 am
David Tennant is great, apart from the unfortunate effect he has on my female friends, that is to turn them into a pile of faintly squeaking jelly. Can't wait to see the new Cybermen; judging by the preview pictures they've finally worked out how to make them look like more than just a bloke with a silver bucket on his head.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff