Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Marilyn Manson
  YES!!! HE RULES!!!
  Hell no!!!
View Results

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:19 pm

I remember when he preformed at some MTV award thing and they did a reaction shot of Missy Eliott and she looked horrified! rofl

I don't agree with everything he's got to say, but I enjoy his music. I've read most of his auto-biography and he seems like a pretty intelligent person. (If not however in my opinion, misguided. But to each his own.)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:50 am

My best friend is really hooked on Marilyn Manson. I think his music is cool and so are his shows

sweet616

Death.Of.A.Sharpie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:58 pm

I think Marilyn Manson Is awesome......Most of my friends and me love him. His voice is awesome and he so hot! But thta's just my opinion.
Lol, I'm listening to 'I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me' right now.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:04 pm

Eh, I like some of his music. "Angel with the Scabbed Wings" & "The Speed of Pain" I love. "Irresponsible Hate Anthem", "Rock is Dead", "User Friendly", "mOBSCENE", "Get your Gunn", "Fight Song', "Man That you Fear", & "Long Hard Road out of Hell" I like, to some degree or another.
But his lyrics frequently really get to me, & often strike me as near-unbearably angsty, ignorant, pretentious, & obnoxious.

& I really don't like him as a person (what I know of him as a person, that is).

Oh, & for the record & all, Marilyn Manson is in no way Goth music.

Kosova4Life

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:57 pm

i used to love that guy when i was like 14 lol, i still like him but i wont worship him he's no god as some people like to say. when people say that crap i wanna stick their heads in a meat grinder! mwuaha, anywho hes a damn human not a god although he is good at what he does, whether or not you hate him or love him for it. oh and i think he also puts on a good live show, it kept me interested anyways cool
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:33 pm

Isobel Bellamy
He's good at what he does, scare people and stir things up. I do like some of the tunes to his music but I'm not a fan of his voice or lyrics.

Agreed. Something about his voice really bugs me. & I certaintly have some trouble really appreciating songs with lyrics such as "you and I are underdosed and we're ready to fall; raised to be stupid, taught to be nothing at all. I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me." Ugh xp

Kosova4Life

Darkphoenix_666

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:54 am

I LOVE his music, he was the artist who convinced me that being different is okay.
Hes the biggest influence in my whole life.
My 5 Favourite songs are : the beautiful people, Cryptorchild,Cake and Sodomy, Dogma and Organ Grinder.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:43 pm

StarryDynamo
Eh, I like some of his music. "Angel with the Scabbed Wings" & "The Speed of Pain" I love. "Irresponsible Hate Anthem", "Rock is Dead", "User Friendly", "mOBSCENE", "Get your Gunn", "Fight Song', "Man That you Fear", & "Long Hard Road out of Hell" I like, to some degree or another.
(A) But his lyrics frequently really get to me, & often strike me as near-unbearably angsty, ignorant, pretentious, & obnoxious.

& I really don't like him as a person (what I know of him as a person, that is).

Oh, & for the record & all, (B)Marilyn Manson is in no way Goth music.

A) True, but it should be remembered that he's a shock artist. He's purposefully saying things which will be controversial, offensive, and provocative.

B) Again, true, but hardly worth mentioning. Manson's music is SO far from goth-rock I hardly see how people could POSSIBLY confuse him as a goth-rock artist...

Then again, I suppose it's good you mentioned that point. Many people (even people who know a lot about music) assume he's a goth artist because of his theatrics and aesthetics. It's reasonable that you would reiterate the point that he's not a goth-rock artist, given how many people assume he is.

GilAskan
Crew

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:20 pm

His vocals are pretty good, but I feel they are waisted on pathetic lyrics.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:03 am

UraniumMonk
His vocals are pretty good, but I feel they are waisted on pathetic lyrics.

Exactly.

Frankly, if ONE....MORE....PERSON....assumes I like Marilyn Manson, I'll have to break my code of nonviolence. Brutally.

Vexworth

Darkphoenix_666

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:50 am

Actually I think my favourite song is the beautiful people ^^
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:44 pm

I never really listened to his songs but i think i will soon.

xThe Vampire Midnightx

MistressBlood666

3,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:05 am

To what others may think I believe he's awesome, hott, and all around wicked!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:08 pm

GilAskan
StarryDynamo
(A) But his lyrics frequently really get to me, & often strike me as near-unbearably angsty, ignorant, pretentious, & obnoxious.

Oh, & for the record & all, (B)Marilyn Manson is in no way Goth music.

A) True, but it should be remembered that he's a shock artist. He's purposefully saying things which will be controversial, offensive, and provocative.

B) Again, true, but hardly worth mentioning. Manson's music is SO far from goth-rock I hardly see how people could POSSIBLY confuse him as a goth-rock artist...

Then again, I suppose it's good you mentioned that point. Many people (even people who know a lot about music) assume he's a goth artist because of his theatrics and aesthetics. It's reasonable that you would reiterate the point that he's not a goth-rock artist, given how many people assume he is.

thank you both of you.
i will (on occasion) listen to his music
i liked him better before he started TRYING to f**k with peoples minds, and before he shaved his eyebrows and put on that god-awful corpsepaint
but he is a good artist (his paintings ARE pretty cool), and he IS an intelligent person

korinna555

XxBelovedxSoubixX

Hygienic Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:02 pm

I like Marilyn Manson his music is good. I saw his wedding on T.V. it was awsome.
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff