Ever get made fun of? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:57 am
AquabatLady
my mom describes it to others as "headache music" when the only times she's heard it is when i'm listening to it loudly in my room.

oh no! Actually, whenever Im doing homework and listening to ska my stepdad comes into the room, looks at me as if Im crazy then says "what the hell is this?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:59 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

Worthless Marshmellow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:07 am
Yes, often.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:57 am
I have a emo friend, he doesn't like ska because it's too happy gonk It kind of depresses me, Often I go up to him and say "cheer up emo boy, have a flower"

Yeah I've been made fun of a lot of times, especially because of skank, I was describing the skank to this annoying republican death metal kid at my art table...and the whole rest of the semester he never stopped making this stupid face and waving his arms around. Pisses me off. I also kind of like it though, because no ones heard of ska, so it's lie kyour own special music, and when you find a ska fan, it's always a really special feeling, and then the whole time you talk about ska with them heart That's how I met my boy friend, he was examining the Aquabat and Pietasters patches on my pants whee

i think it's really great that it's unpopular, because more place to skank at ska shows! whee But, since Reel Big fish is so popular these days >.o the whole front is full of MOSHING people!

At the Pietasters concert I went too, for the first opening band there was like 10 other people there. Which is kind of odd, because the 9:30 club is pretty popular!  

Rudie Cant Fail

Persynthone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:08 pm
all i say is "a genre of music, duh!!" and some still dont know...I am like, ever heard of sublime..and they have. i am like ever heard of No Doubt Tragic Kingdom CD? and they are like yeah.. and I am like "thats ska" then they go off and listen to thier mainstream crap and MCR...and all that stuff that i find the real headache?
and ska causing them, if anything metal does, ska sooths my soul  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:16 pm
Rudie Cant Fail
I have a emo friend, he doesn't like ska because it's too happy gonk It kind of depresses me, Often I go up to him and say "cheer up emo boy, have a flower"

Yeah I've been made fun of a lot of times, especially because of skank, I was describing the skank to this annoying republican death metal kid at my art table...and the whole rest of the semester he never stopped making this stupid face and waving his arms around. Pisses me off. I also kind of like it though, because no ones heard of ska, so it's lie kyour own special music, and when you find a ska fan, it's always a really special feeling, and then the whole time you talk about ska with them heart That's how I met my boy friend, he was examining the Aquabat and Pietasters patches on my pants whee

i think it's really great that it's unpopular, because more place to skank at ska shows! whee But, since Reel Big fish is so popular these days >.o the whole front is full of MOSHING people!

At the Pietasters concert I went too, for the first opening band there was like 10 other people there. Which is kind of odd, because the 9:30 club is pretty popular!
i do the opposite to my emo friends "hey emo kid need a kleenex" s**t like that, i convince them to try cutting themselfs, because there rich and i cant stand depressed rich kids, but as for being made fun of, i get made fun of all the time, because i like both hardcore punk and ska, so if its not some a*****e in the halls making fun of one of my band shirts of a band they've never heard of its by my hardcore friends or my ska friends if that makes any sense  

AnonymousJoe

XxCRIMSONxTEARSxX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:23 pm
i Am tired of trying to explain it im like"its like raegae but with a strong punk influence" and as soon as i say raegae they either reply"yeah go bob marly!!" or "heh you a stoner???" to which i reply to with a kick in the throat..... domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:33 pm
xd  

Red-Baron

Fanta08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:59 pm
A few of my friends who are like, "RARRHHH HARDCORE X METAL X SPANISH-RAP MUSIC X" make fun of me.

The "what's ska?" questions never really an issue for me though. I always have my CD player on my and let people listen.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:48 am
I never got insulted or made fun of because I lissin to ska, the only thing close to this is that people don't know what ska is, they look at me like I have 5 eyes or something.  

Plumbarius

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:27 pm
Not that it's related to ska but.... I get questioned all the time if I'm some kinda anti-christ or anti-religon whenever I wear my Bad Religion shirt. Go check the members photo page if you don't know what it looks like. It's funny as hell the looks I get from people. If they don't question me, they either give me dirty looks, the "I'm going to hurt you" look, or the "I'm so scared, I just peed my pants" look. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:13 am
Ivan_The_Punk
Not that it's related to ska but.... I get questioned all the time if I'm some kinda anti-christ or anti-religon whenever I wear my Bad Religion shirt. Go check the members photo page if you don't know what it looks like. It's funny as hell the looks I get from people. If they don't question me, they either give me dirty looks, the "I'm going to hurt you" look, or the "I'm so scared, I just peed my pants" look. xd

God, you'd have thought people would have heard of Bad Religion! And anyway, its not as if its a Cradle of Filth tshirt or something, then I can understand people getting a bit annoyed.....  

girl_no_13

Pepitona07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:45 pm
During my stay at a summer theater camp (my third year) some of my friends finally found out that I listen to ska and they didn't like ska so everytime I would talk to them about music they'd go "why don't you shut up and go skank rude girl" and I laughed it off. It didn't bother me that they made fun of me for liking ska, at least they used the correct terms! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:33 pm
Pepitona07
During my stay at a summer theater camp (my third year) some of my friends finally found out that I listen to ska and they didn't like ska so everytime I would talk to them about music they'd go "why don't you shut up and go skank rude girl" and I laughed it off. It didn't bother me that they made fun of me for liking ska, at least they used the correct terms! blaugh
If they use the correct terms, it means they secretly love ska. blaugh They probably go home, hide in a corner, with the headphones on, playing The Specials or something so it's loud enough so only they can hear it.  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

Red-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:00 pm
I'd pour urine on them in their sleep ninja  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items