Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
Has anyone read the Yaoi manga Little Butterfly Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SeNalove

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:51 pm
Well, I haven't heard of it before but I'm in a desperate search for anything new. >.< Since the artwork is apparently very pretty, that's always a plus. wink Although I do have to wonder, is it a really hardcore Yaoi manga, or is it more shounen-ai/BL? I suppose that's what really makes a difference to me and why I must keep passing up so many other series with just a little too much for me. xP  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:03 pm
SeNalove
Well, I haven't heard of it before but I'm in a desperate search for anything new. >.< Since the artwork is apparently very pretty, that's always a plus. wink Although I do have to wonder, is it a really hardcore Yaoi manga, or is it more shounen-ai/BL? I suppose that's what really makes a difference to me and why I must keep passing up so many other series with just a little too much for me. xP

There's nothing hardcore in the first volume. Maybe we can look forward to some in the upcoming volumes, ne?  

Lunar Kissed

i m m o r t a l - B

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:43 pm
Once I buy the next volume of "Our Everlasting", I plan on buying "Little Butterfly". But, is it any good? Would someone recommend that I spend my earnings on it, or buy something else? Like, "The Art Of Loving".
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:17 pm
immortal_bubble
Once I buy the next volume of "Our Everlasting", I plan on buying "Little Butterfly". But, is it any good? Would someone recommend that I spend my earnings on it, or buy something else? Like, "The Art Of Loving".

I really loved it so I for one would recommend it. The story is very sweet and I adore the artwork. I can't wait for the rest of the manga volumes to be released! heart  

Lunar Kissed

ranma064

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:13 pm
I've seen it but haven't had time to buy it ... Now I can't wait! My favorite is Our Kingdom ...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:38 pm
I just got the second volume of Little Butterfly I must say it was so much fun to read it has a little bit more action in it but nothing too graphic I would say more about it but I dont want to ruin it for anyone who hasnt read the second volume but I will say that it was worth buying the second issues of it.  

Moonlight_Shadow12

Pomba Gira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:35 am
I think i fell in love with the cover of Little butterfly, its so cute! I really love Kojima, hes such a sweetie. I love the art as well, by the second volume has been a long time coming. I cannot wait to get my sweaty little paws on it!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:53 am
I can't wait for the third book domokun scream
There's always a cliffie when I can't get my hands on the next volume D:

Graceful crisis

Gingerbread Latte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:00 am

Actually, I just bought vol. 1 yesterday....
And it was quite good. =33
How graphic does volume 2 get?
I was a little wary of the 18+ rating, but there didn't seem to be any reason for it....

Kojima's face on the cover is kind of annoying me, though.
It looks weird for some reason. o_o

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:02 pm
It wasn't my favorite, but it was really cute. ^_^  

Baka Midori-chan

Chibi Cheeks78

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:18 pm
Little Butterfly is probably the most perfect yaoi I've ever read. The story is sweet and hot and Hinako Takanaga's style is fantastic. I've read a couple of her other works and they are amazing as well.

June (pronounced joonay) is the sub-name of all the yaoi/BL titles released by DMP. It is named after some author of homoerotic stuff. There's more about it at their website: junemanga.com  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:56 am
I might have heard of it. I wanan read it! The mangaka's name also sounds familiar. What other works has Hinako Takanaga released? domokun

DMP
Why "June"?

Named after the famous French novelist Jean Genet, whose identity is well established amongst the yaoi community, June was first coined from the Japanese pronunciation of his name "Jan Jooneh". Jean Genet was famous for writing several novels post World War II depicting the subtle erotica between beautiful boys. In homage to Jean Genet, a Japanese magazine was name June after him. Genet's famous works include Journal du Voleur (1949), The Thief's Journal, and Notre-Dame des Fleurs (1944), Our Lady of the Flowers

I totally have to read his works! whee  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:07 am
It's a great story, and I love it. The art is lovely, too.

In addition to the DMP thing, isn't june the term for yaoi that has plot as well as the more explicit sex?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:56 am
I know this thread is kinda old, but for anyone who still hasn't read Little Butterfly, you don't know what you're missing. The story is short, sweet, and to the point. I don't mind yaoi manga that goes on forever, but this series was just the right length. The art is adorable and the characters are equally as cute. I own the entire series (three volumes), and even my friends who aren't all that interested in yaoi love it. I thought the ending was very good, just enough to leave you satisfied but still wanting more. 3nodding

I highly recommend this series!  

thecatsred

Versatile Man-Lover

Death PIague

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:33 pm
Yes, I love that manga so much! <3 Very Cute. heart There even a fanlisting if I'm not mistaken

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games