Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
I feel like a (British) drowned rat. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:11 am
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Nebelstern

And why not, I say?

Not in a chavvy way, just ambing really...
ninja

I'm more of a bimbler myself. I wander, bimbling around.

It's a bit amusing, as Kate is more of a strider.
Wow, I'm talking a lot about almost nothing. Hm.

I can be a strider when it suits me, but ambling is more fun as you can think about worldly matters, ponder life, talk if with someone...
I blame you, you picked up on my swagger. =P

Though, after driving a shaking Landrover round the UK, I'll most likely be stumbling..Hm, perhaps you can analyse personality from walks, like they claim they can do with handwriting? Curiouser and curiouser..

I must see that car of yours one day!
They can do most things these days. They could probably tell your favourite food from a hair sample.

Well, it failed the MOT yesterday, so it'll have to have the rust holes welded-up before I legally go anywhere.. *sigh*Tsk, the wonders of science. Damn them all. Yay for the Dark Ages, I say!  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:22 am
Ouch... shame. Never mind, I'm sure it will pass one day. Eheh... sweatdrop
Sometimes I think it might be fun to live back then. Then I remember why we don't anymore, what with all the witch-hunts and soforth.  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:28 am
Witch hunts? In the dark ages? What madness is this?

*hits self befeore i recount everything I know of the dark ages*

Now fairies, that's another matter entirely. you could get out of a marriage in Wales if you pretended to be a fairy...but then again, you could get a more legal divorce by having bad breath...

*hits again*

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:32 am
and_solo_said

Now fairies, that's another matter entirely. you could get out of a marriage in Wales if you pretended to be a fairy...but then again, you could get a more legal divorce by having bad breath...

*hits again*

You're a bit like QI.

It sounds plausible in a mad sort of way, but I can't shake the feeling that it's all made up.

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:37 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

*hits again*

You're a bit like QI.

It sounds plausible in a mad sort of way, but I can't shake the feeling that it's all made up.

There are three recorded grounds for divorce in dark ages Wales (or as it was then known, Cambria):

Imputence (thought there was a test of some kind that involved a black ram)

Leprosy.

Being a fairy.

The bad breath thing was a medieval law, but it is believed to have earlier origins.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:02 pm
People in Whales used to think getting all their teeth knocked out and a set of false teeth put in was a good 18th birthday present.
They have high standards.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:40 am
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

*hits again*

You're a bit like QI.

There are three recorded grounds for divorce in dark ages Wales (or as it was then known, Cambria):

Imputence (thought there was a test of some kind that involved a black ram)

Leprosy.

Being a fairy.

The bad breath thing was a medieval law, but it is believed to have earlier origins.

You think that's novel, you should check out his obscure archery knowledge. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:41 am
ice_illusion
People in Whales used to think getting all their teeth knocked out and a set of false teeth put in was a good 18th birthday present.

Wait? People lived in WHALES back then?! Bloody hell, thank society for...er...social development.

Sorry Aisa, I found that amusing.
xd  

Nebelstern
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:44 am
Imputence?

Somewhere in between impotence and impudence?  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:45 am
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
It was a dry thunder storm too, it disrupted my mobile signal as I was swaggering home from town.

Lovely sight and feeling, to be in the middle of a summery storm.

You swagger home?

And why not, I say?

ninja

I can be a strider when it suits me, but ambling is more fun as you can think about worldly matters, ponder life, talk if with someone...

I prefer shambling.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:17 am
Nebelstern
ice_illusion

Wait? People lived in WHALES back then?! Bloody hell, thank society for...er...social development.

xd

xd
I did spell it Wales first time. Umm... then I went back and changed it becuase I thought it was wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:26 pm
Lady of Spain
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
It was a dry thunder storm too, it disrupted my mobile signal as I was swaggering home from town.

Lovely sight and feeling, to be in the middle of a summery storm.

You swagger home?

And why not, I say?

ninja

I prefer shambling.

Sober shambling?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:31 am
ice_illusion
Nebelstern
ice_illusion

xd

xd
I did spell it Wales first time. Umm... then I went back and changed it becuase I thought it was wrong.

I think you just wanted attention. wink  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:36 am
Here's another bit for you. in The Gaels (Ireland) in the dark ages, outsiders were considered to be non-persons (outlaws) and so the only way that they could move safely was if they were under the protection of the local king. To do this, travellers from the mediterranean would normally pretend to be Egyptian (The Irish believed themselves to be descendents of the Egyptians) and offer the king a bottle of 'Nile' sand. The king would then offer his n****e which would be sucked to indicate that the traveller was like the king's child, and therefore under his protection. To suck for too long was considered socially uncomfortable, and to draw away too quickly was a sign of disgust.  

and_solo_said

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:26 pm
Nebelstern
ice_illusion

xd

I think you just wanted attention. wink

While making myself look stupid? I'm not that stupid.
razz  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces