Jesus Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dead Twisted Romance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:32 pm
redtail2
if you do some research, you may come accross info that up untill a few centuries ago, jesus was NOT claimed to be the son of god. he was just a profit, just like a crap-load of other people in his time. if you ever saw 'monty python's life of brian' that's more accurate than the bible.

So you mean the part with the aliens?...*shrug* Whatever talk2hand  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:51 pm
Umm, we were saying how incorrect the bible was, I can't bring myself to believe in god eaither, and I don't hate catholics, the kids just had the frog puppet so we can't change that, so we can live with them. This dude actually called me a f** for saying I'm an atheist, he was not the smartest person, had ADD problems, and was just plain annoying. He started saying that he can have the law upon me or something, so I told him that it's illegal to force religion, which is what you stated we don't know. He didn't believe me and kept on bashing, then he asked an adult and I was then the winner of the arguement. xd xp Die basher, die. Ehh, he wasn't very bright. The stupidist idea is to bash. We had a science question of what formed the rivers, he said god, I said glaciers, guess who got it right biggrin  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

redtail2
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:56 pm
Dead Twisted Romance

no, the whole rest of the movie...you know brian's considered a profit... there's a whole shitload of 'profits' in the streets shouting their beliefs to anyone that will listen.
i've spent a large portion of my time studying religions. i'm not an atheist because i hate on religion. i'm an atheist because i'm a logical thinker. i actually love all the different religious stories i've read over the years. other than chrisianity, i've looked into buddhism, wicca, duidism, satanism, scientology, and hinduism...and a few others. i feel that if you're going to choose to fight for what you don't believe in, you better know your bible stories and other religious tales. "you have to be a better christian to be a good atheist."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:13 pm
Religion is culture, so I guess I'll have to study it sometime in my life. I have stated the reason of god's part in people's cultures in my belief. The simple fact that these people did not know why these things happened, so they thought some otherworldly being had done it. Now we know why these things happen, and highly logical scientists I believe are more or less agnostic or atheist because they question things.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Dead Twisted Romance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:35 am
redtail2
Dead Twisted Romance

no, the whole rest of the movie...you know brian's considered a profit... there's a whole shitload of 'profits' in the streets shouting their beliefs to anyone that will listen.
i've spent a large portion of my time studying religions. i'm not an atheist because i hate on religion. i'm an atheist because i'm a logical thinker. i actually love all the different religious stories i've read over the years. other than chrisianity, i've looked into buddhism, wicca, duidism, satanism, scientology, and hinduism...and a few others. i feel that if you're going to choose to fight for what you don't believe in, you better know your bible stories and other religious tales. "you have to be a better christian to be a good atheist."

Thats cool, and the same here its so neat looking into all the different religions and how is shapes cultures  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:30 pm
Jesus was real, but he was mexican. u know, hey-zeus? jesus either bled into a coma on the cross, or he did die and a look-alike claimed to be him reincarnated. Plus jesus was dark-skinned, NOT WHITE!!><  

Waterdragon1

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:45 am
Black dragon4
Jesus was real, but he was mexican. u know, hey-zeus? jesus either bled into a coma on the cross, or he did die and a look-alike claimed to be him reincarnated. Plus jesus was dark-skinned, NOT WHITE!!><
Oh, yes, jesus is a name. My sister was in a class with some mexican (or somewhere over near the equator) dude who's name was jesus (hey-zues). If they're so holy, why do they depict his skin color and his name pronunciation and his ethnicity totally incorrectly? Is it because those whites thought they were better than the blacks back then? Is the name pronunciation simply because they never heard the mexicans pronounce it? Let me point out what everyone else implied, and of course the obvious, these people had no idea what they were talking about when they called Jesus the son of God.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:43 pm
`Loser
i think there was a jesus, BUT he was just some random guy. he wasnt the son of god, he was delusional (did i spell that right?). and the only reason that people followed him was because they were afraid of his so called "hell".

CrazyCatExtreme

Bluuberry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:10 pm
Jesus was very likely real.
And I mean, he was just claiming his own religion. Jew-religion.
Jew-religion was like, there will be a savior to kick all the Romans's asses. So like a ton of messahiahs (???) , erhm, saviors, showed up all over the place. Crucifiction was a very commen way to kill new religions.

At least thats what i heard, I didnt like translate the ******** records. We have old people in museums to do that s**t.

Oh, and ever since I moved into my new school in Belguim i was confronted with a pleasant surprise. Like 98 percent of my school is atheist.
Yup, too bad most ppl like techno here too. Grr, well I'll just have to introduce them to Jimmi Hendrix and we'll all be kewl. That had very little to do with Jesus....ah ******** him rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:25 pm
Well there is not really any primary evidence for the existence of said messaiah. The earliest records of his existence as well as many others who followed the same basic pattern come from decades after the events themselves and therefore are not particularly trustworthy. As for the name Jesus Christ this comes from many centuries after the death of the likely inspiration for the Christ character in the bible. The most likely inspiration was a Jewish rabble rouser named Yeshua ben Yosef (Joshua son of Joseph) who existed at the correct time and was in fact crucified by the Romans, Jesus is an early Italian name from the 4th century c.e. and Christ is an anglicised version of the Greek name Christos, not surprisingly, as many of the earliest places where the bible held influence were Italy and Greece. Though it is entirely possible that a Christ like person existed in Judea at c. 1-33 C.E. we can still say that that person was not named Jesus Christ, and that in fact (with the exception of unrelated people named after him) "Jesus Christ" never existed.  

OSSDude

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:46 am
I have not been presented with any credible evidence that this "Jesus" character ever existed, so until I do I will continue to believe that he did not.

Every time my dad says "but you can't deny that jesus existed" i just laugh quietly to myself.

Damn you Bluuberry, living in a place with so many atheists -_-  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:31 am
OMP!!! Oh my pasta instead of Oh My God because God is non-existent...

Uh,

Jesus existed? Yup

Was he the son of god? ******** no, god doesn't exist

What is god? A figment of everyones imagination, there really is no light at the end of the tunnel.

YOU JUST DIE!!!  

Metamorphosis Lycanthropy

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:30 pm
redtail2

Yeah, actually the bible was elected by a comittee to be the word of pasta. (Viva la OMP!)
And I thought Christianity wasn't very democratic, eh?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:03 am
Cloud0.0Strife
For all I know god could be real but I won't believe he is until I have some proof.

amen brotha
lol biggrin  

Veinlash

~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out