Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:04 am
Jesm
I also really liked the Farseer triolgy so I went on to read the Ship of Magic one and I just couldn't get into it... I thought it took a bit too long to get started actually but after all this praise I might give it another go...

I had the same problem when I started reading it the first time. It is definitely worth slogging through the first book... Mad Ship and Ship of Destiny are amazing.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:40 pm
I'm almost done with Ship of Magic, and I like it so much more than Assassin's Apprentice. I don't know quite why, but it just appeals to me more. And the liveships are awesome. Ophelia's the best. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:58 pm
Hehe, I just finished Ship of Magic. I'm onto Mad Ship again... yummy.

Spoilerish: I was reading the part where Wintrow cuts off Kennit's leg during my lunch break. *blanches* It was definitely not the best choice of reading material...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:05 pm
Yeah, that's probably not a good thing to read during lunch. I kinda liked that part, though. I can't wait to finish and get Ship of Destiny. I'll probably buy it tomorrow before going to volunteering.  

NightIntent
Captain

Aslark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:55 pm
She's one of my personal favorite authors, I used to recommend her to people at the book store, and never recieve a complaint, most times i'd see the person come back and get more of her stuff. Very good author.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:52 pm
I started reading Royal Assassin or Assassin's Quest or whichever the second book in the Farseer trilogy is, and I much prefer the Liveship Traders trilogy. I'll probably still read the third one in this trilogy, but I still think the other one was better. But I figured something out. Amber carved Paragon in the shape of Fitz, didn't she? Now I want to know who she is. Badly.  

NightIntent
Captain

Kaymera

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:59 pm

NightIntent - just keep reading. It all gets explained in the Tawny Man Trilogy. The inteconectedness is part of why I adore these books so much. That and I just love how she makes even normal things seem so interesting.

I really wish I'd brought them with me to uni. I haven't got any of them. I may have to treat myself to rereading them over christmas... except that I have exams in January. Pooh.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:40 pm
Yeah, I'm trying to get there, but I keep getting distracted by other books. n.n" I have problems reading one book at a time. I've actually put Royal Assassin into my locker for the weekend, because I want to finish these other books first. Then I have to start a new book for English outside reading.

So I'll get to the Tawny Man trilogy sometime in the next couple of months. Do the Red Ship Wars at least end by the end of the Farseer trilogy?  

NightIntent
Captain

Hezhi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:51 pm
NightIntent
Yeah, I'm trying to get there, but I keep getting distracted by other books. n.n" I have problems reading one book at a time. I've actually put Royal Assassin into my locker for the weekend, because I want to finish these other books first. Then I have to start a new book for English outside reading.

So I'll get to the Tawny Man trilogy sometime in the next couple of months. Do the Red Ship Wars at least end by the end of the Farseer trilogy?

I haven't read those books in a long time, but yeah i think so.

Spoiler:
Then again, the main cause for that war 'Evil grin' is still at 'large' until Fool's fate.

`Cackles.`

You know, that ending book, Fool's Fate, almost made me cry. cry Well, okay Golden Fool (I think that was the one...) make me tear up too... >_>;;;
I really began to hate Fitz towards the end! He's such a hard-headed person!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:04 am
I've read both trilogys mentioned. I loved them for their charector progression, but that is also what made it so sad.  

Super Sexy Goldfish

Flitterbye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:49 pm
I've read the Liveship Trilogy and loved it. It was a bit slow at times but they were still wonderful books.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:46 am
I didn't like the book I read it was bad exclaim bad exclaim bad exclaim I really hated it.  

Eoinda

lovebooks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:26 pm
I loved the farseer trilogy
but I cried and I cried.
didn't care for the madship books as much.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:51 pm
I just read the first of the farseer trilogy books and rather enjoyed it, though I'm not a big fan of the first person persective I still liked it and will read on ^-^

I've previously read a short story of the rain wilds in the compilation book legends2 I liked that too ^-^  

Shanti~dragongirl

Ishetalia

Blessed Mage

7,650 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:11 pm
i've read the Farseer Trilogy and really loved it. I tried reading the Liveship Traders Trilogy, but found it to begin to slow for me, so I gave up on it. sweatdrop  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff