Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Hmmm pathetic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethyz

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:06 pm
Meh they probly would be good without the media
I'm not particuly fond of any of those poser bands
But then again i hate fall out boy who aren't exactly original  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:46 pm
I think I know where both sides are coming from, and I'm favouring both.. So I can't really choose which I'm going with. SO. I'm going to validate both sides.

On the side that says those bands aren't emo:

I think they're saying that they aren't the ones who have gone for emo, but have come out more punk sounding. They don't accept it because it's not what they know to be emo. And other than that, everyone has their own definition of emo music.

On the side that says those bands ARE emo:

They're saying that one way or another, they have emo in them. Whether it be emo influence, emo lyrics/punk sounding music(if you follow me.) or went for emo but sounded like something else. You're both right. And I'm agreeing with both sides. Because some I consider emo, and some I shudder at the mention of their name and emo in the same sentence with out "are not" in them middle. Yeah.. That's my dollar and a half. xD;;

<33 Sinsao

P.S. Uhm.. Simple Plan.. -twitches in fear-  

Floppeh

Switchblade Saint

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:12 pm
Fall out boy devoted
I like how the majority of the bands spoken about here are either sellouts or not emo.

I.E:
The Used
My Chemical Romance
Fall Out Boy
Taking Back SUnday
Underoath
From First To Last
Hawthorne Heights

and this almost made me puke:
Green Day
Sugarcult
Simple Plan

Aaaah let me see, First off My chem may not be your 'emo' but they are one of the first bands that got me into this style of music, and i wouldn't even be who i am without them. Now that i have that across, The Used are my favorite band right now, please dont harp on them. Their music has so much emotion its just insane. I love them, i love the members, and i love the lyrics. Love love love. Taking Back Sunday are just an awesome band, and do fall somewhat into the emo category, yes. i just said that. ph3ar me. From First To Last are my recent obsession, hear that? Thats what they are. They are emo in my book, they have emotion in their songs, depression, issues going on today, and love. I love them! The other bands i cant defend because i dont listen to them as much as the others. Now Green day its the first band that got me into this style, whats wrong with them? Just because they're mainstream doesnt mean they're bad. Sugarcult are cool, simple plan = no comment really. Thats all i have to say. If you read all that then bravo. and the used are not mainstream shall i say.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:42 am
..Switchblade Saint...
Fall out boy devoted
I like how the majority of the bands spoken about here are either sellouts or not emo.

I.E:
The Used
My Chemical Romance
Fall Out Boy
Taking Back SUnday
Underoath
From First To Last
Hawthorne Heights

Green Day
Sugarcult
Simple Plan

Aaaah let me see, First off My chem may not be your 'emo' but they are one of the first bands that got me into this style of music, and i wouldn't even be who i am without them. Now that i have that across, The Used are my favorite band right now, please dont harp on them. Their music has so much emotion its just insane. I love them, i love the members, and i love the lyrics. Love love love. Taking Back Sunday are just an awesome band, and do fall somewhat into the emo category, yes. i just said that. ph3ar me. From First To Last are my recent obsession, hear that? Thats what they are. They are emo in my book, they have emotion in their songs, depression, issues going on today, and love. I love them! The other bands i cant defend because i dont listen to them as much as the others. Now Green day its the first band that got me into this style, whats wrong with them? Just because they're mainstream doesnt mean they're bad. Sugarcult are cool, simple plan = no comment really. Thats all i have to say. If you read all that then bravo. and the used are not mainstream shall i say.

May god have mercy on your soul. These bands aren't emo. City of Caterpillar, Hoover, Rites of Spring, Indian Summer, Funeral Diner, Hot Cross and Saetia are bands that fall under the true emo category. Emo is NOT just music with emotion, it is a type of hardcore that started in Washington around the end of the 80's.  

xyourstrulyx

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:44 am
xyourstrulyx
..Switchblade Saint...
Fall out boy devoted

I.E:
The Used
My Chemical Romance
Fall Out Boy
Taking Back SUnday
Underoath
From First To Last
Hawthorne Heights

Green Day
Sugarcult
Simple Plan

May god have mercy on your soul. These bands aren't emo. City of Caterpillar, Hoover, Rites of Spring, Indian Summer, Funeral Diner, Hot Cross and Saetia are bands that fall under the true emo category. Emo is NOT just music with emotion, it is a type of hardcore that started in Washington around the end of the 80's.

I cant say that i don't like some of these bands on that list, but i don't claim that it is emo.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:29 pm
xyourstrulyx
xyourstrulyx
..Switchblade Saint...
Fall out boy devoted

I.E:
The Used
My Chemical Romance
Fall Out Boy
Taking Back SUnday
Underoath
From First To Last
Hawthorne Heights

Green Day
Sugarcult
Simple Plan

I cant say that i don't like some of these bands on that list, but i don't claim that it is emo.

Its about damn time this guild got someone smart. Hot Cross is one of my favorite bands.  

finding emotive

The Brand New

Regular

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:40 pm
I hate Yellowcard, Green Day, and Fall Out Boy!  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:03 am
ek. whats the big deal with simple plan? neutral its not emo, but its not like they suk. let people like what they want to like rolleyes , we shouldnt penialize them for it. and anyhoo i think its good to have a varied taste in moosic. smile i dislike rap, hiphop, or R&B very much but who gives a ******** anyhoo? as vicious once said, "bla, bla, bla, {i cant really remember, sweatdrop something about stripping away the lyrics in rap} all thats left is a beat that may, or may not be to your taste." and BTW i like taking back sunday, so dont diss. domokun  

phish cakes = luff

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:37 pm
We're not dissing. It's just that people think they have a clue about what they are talking about when they don't. I don't say you should not like the music you listen to, but don't claim something if you don't know what it really is. Do some research, and i can guarantee that you will be more or less enlightened. And when i say "research" then i don't mean searching google for "Emo" and looking at the first and best source you find.

I've written an assignment about emo (both music and the so called culture). Did you know that there are 3 types of emo, but that only 1 of them actually is emo, that the 2nd one is more like indie, and that the last one have more assosiations to pop punk? Guess which one people define as emo... (Hint: the last one)

The moral in this story: Be critical and you'll gather a larger amount of knowledge  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:21 pm
xyourstrulyx
We're not dissing. It's just that people think they have a clue about what they are talking about when they don't. I don't say you should not like the music you listen to, but don't claim something if you don't know what it really is. Do some research, and i can guarantee that you will be more or less enlightened. And when i say "research" then i don't mean searching google for "Emo" and looking at the first and best source you find.

I've written an assignment about emo (both music and the so called culture). Did you know that there are 3 types of emo, but that only 1 of them actually is emo, that the 2nd one is more like indie, and that the last one have more assosiations to pop punk? Guess which one people define as emo... (Hint: the last one)

The moral in this story: Be critical and you'll gather a larger amount of knowledge
It's not hard to imagine people thinking the 'pop punkie emo' is the 'true emo'.
I think anymore in this day and age the music scenes are more in depth and hostile.

[Gross]Face

im-a-scientist!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:46 pm
why is everyone WHINING just because a band doesn't fit a certain stereotype? i love a lot of those bands (but i do agree that simple plan an hawthorne heights do suck.) but not because they're 'emo' or whatever. maybe that's why i'm not hardcore emo. it's probably because i don't whine about a band getting some media attention and stop liking them just for that reason. seriously, there are more important things to complain about! stare  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:55 pm
mrs. lazzara
why is everyone WHINING just because a band doesn't fit a certain stereotype? i love a lot of those bands (but i do agree that simple plan an hawthorne heights do suck.) but not because they're 'emo' or whatever. maybe that's why i'm not hardcore emo. it's probably because i don't whine about a band getting some media attention and stop liking them just for that reason. seriously, there are more important things to complain about! stare

Music is important to me, and I despise when people bash my music over missunderstandings like thinking that bands like FFTL, FAB, TBS and P!ATD are emo. Or telling people that emo is my favortie genre and then they think I mean previously said bands.  

finding emotive

FalseDiagnosis

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:54 am
Xyloid
When are you people going to get it in your head that NONE of those bands are anything even close to emo?

Seriously. Do some reading plz.

I hate this, too. I don't know how many times a day I hear people talk about emo incorrectly. What really made me sick was when this girl was listening to Simple Plan on her CD player on the bus. This is what she said.

"I'm about to get all EMO on you people!"
-headbangs-
"How could this happen to mee!"

Agh! I felt like smacking her.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:34 pm
wat was the point of this?....  

XfromROSEStoWEEDSX

IAMSHIZNIT

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:38 pm
finding emotive
bleeding unicorn
emo or not its still good music...hey and some of the bands you listed are emo....do you know what emo even is ?cuz it doesnt look like it

Obviously it's you who doesn't know what emo is, none of those bands are emo. They may be what some people say emo is today but they arn't real emo.

haha >.< shut down!  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games