Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Discusion] How do people in your area react to yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you grow up in a place that accepted yaoi/yuri for the most part?
  Completely, yes
  to an extent, but it varies between people
  Not sure
  No, not really
  You'd be smitted for thinking of supporting yaoi openly
View Results

I Am Your Fallen Angel

5,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:07 pm
Let's say I've not had very good encounters with...homophobes...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:30 pm
Living in a republican state, I'm surrounded by so many homophobics I can barely stand it. Usually I can't. And that's when I go all second-personality and b***h at 'em when they get too close-minded.

Even my parents are driven up the wall by the fact of my obsession with BL. x.x

Diglett Girl

Kietsu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:52 pm
Well, I was born in San Fransisco and I'm in Sacramento right now. I went to a school that was very liberal, and about a 4th of the school is gay/lesbian/ or bisexual. Most of my city has no problems with homosexuality, but some don't like the thought of them marrying. I don't know why. When I came out to my friends that I was bi, they were kinda like "so?".  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:54 pm
Coming from a town in Minnesota in which the majority of people are some kind of Christian, people's views of gay marriage vary. I've find that teenage girls are more accepting - I mean, you got fangirls, don't you? whereas teenage boys are still kind of in that ew-gross stage, but aren't so bothered by it. Adult women are accepting as well; they're fine with it as long as no one flirts with them. Adult MEN on the other hand... they would do a gay-bashing, I think.

As for the kids, they don't really know about it, nor do they care.

Pmyi

Nandru_San

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:00 pm
If the people in my community found out I liked even shonen ai I would be stared at for some quite time. Most of the people in my community are rich and really don't get things outside of there preppy lives.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:02 pm
Where I live, almost EVERYONE is either homophobe or is just ALL for lesbian relationships. All the guys see Yaoi and barf, and all the girls freak out because almost every girl here is a lesbian and want to see girls with each other, not guys! It's so weird! ><;;;....There is a fairly large group of people who know what anime is, but not many of them watch it or care much for it but...I've been gathering some victims--i mean, fans!

but I, myself, have not been questioned much because everyone seems to know my OBSESSION with transvestites or any guy who is even semi-transgender*coughrockyhorrorpictureshowcough* sweatdrop

D.O.O.M.

.[ Click Here ].

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:10 am
Eh, not many people know about yaoi in my general area living in some itty bitty town in Cali. D':

My friends usually forget I like it, and some forget I'm Bi. . . But the one I have converted wont shut up about it. :B but most are tolerant that know 'bout it. :3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:59 am
my dad said its evil and my mom thinks its rong, i just think ther crazy
yaoi is hot  

emoguy521biteme

cuteflame

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:23 pm
I live in an unheard of place in Georgia.
No one really gives a damn what you do around here.
Some immature people make jokes about it, but thats really about it.
Come to think of it, I don't even know any homophobes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:56 pm
I live in a democratic country for yaoi's sake & people here vary in interests. We are all generally liberated and all, but in school, yuri is more of the case. Nobody but me likes it in our community along with some gay pals...

When you talk about it or even hinted slash, they could stone you to death, you know...  

alhemra_idleheart

6,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Felicitystar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:56 pm
Well I live in a small town in California. The thing is...well it's weird. There's the group of people who are like all grossed out by Yaoi or Yuri. They go out and make fun of it because it makes them feel secure. Than there's the people who don't even care and just live with it. And than there's the people who love it or are it (if you know what I mean.)

As for me well yeah I love yaoi and great once in a while yuri. I have a few friends who also like it. But I have a few friends who get all grossed out and want nothing to do with me sometimes. It's just a crazy town!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:07 pm
I grew up inn a small town inn Norway... Manga first came to norway inn 2001 so most people don't have a clue what Yaoi is (poor suckers). Everyone I know is a homofobe so they freak out if they get a hug from a guy (the guys I mean). so the only way I can get a hold of Yaoi is by either ordering it from the nett or if I go god knows how far to get it... So the conclusion is "nobody knows what Yaoi is"  

Honorable Barf

kyomuffins

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:22 pm
Everyone around here in ********, Georgia is a Republican. A Catholic Republican.

Enough said.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:24 pm
For-Chan Cookie
I grew up in South Louisiana. My family isn't from there, but that's where I grew up. When I was young, the internet was still a crazy dream, so I didn't get into the internet and discover yaoi until much later on. By the time I did, I was a freshman in college and didn't care who said what about it.

Of course, being the South, our gay marriage vote had no chance. They played anti-gay ads on the radio and it was just crazy, but by that time I had developed my own opinions and ideas. These days, I don't care who says boo to me. There's always going to be intolerant people in the world. I just prefer not to associate with people like that. I prefer to be nice and open minded and smack idiots. >_> Yep, that's me. ^_^
you rock  

WEG_champ2010

WEG_champ2010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:28 pm
I really think any where you go, there will be a diference of opinoin. Well I don't know. Around here (My small place in Colorado) I guess most people are okay with it. Our school has a gay straight allaince (Sorry about spelling) but I think there are alot of gays at our school.. actually now that I think about it.. maybe they just look gay?? *Confuzeled* sweatdrop Any way.. my friend and I are posesed by Yaoi's magical powers.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff