Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witche's Voice (Witchvox) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:50 am
Erishkegal
missmagpie
There's a whole series by a pagan detective in the States who cautions people on how to take care of themselves and who debunks all those fundamentalist 'Jack Chick'-like people.

It's a minor point, but just for the record, Kerr Cuhulainn is Canadian. He's a cop in Vancouver.

/Can-geek
Apologies. I suppose I just assumed he was American because he was debunking all the American fundamentalists. Thanks for letting me know though. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:06 pm
When his book came out "A Law Enforcement's Guide" the owner of the shop and I paid for like twenty copies and sent them as gifts to different Law Enforcement groups.

Being as open and respected as we were in the community, we were usually a contact for the police in "suspected cult" crimes.  

TeaDidikai

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:56 pm
Here's couple articles on public rituals and on of offerings.............

I actually don't think there have been any "suspected cult" crimes in my town.........its kinda cool that they ask for your opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:41 pm
(yes, bringing up an older thread... I've been gone for a while)

Hah, some of those are my favorite articles... couple of them I have saved onto my hard drive if I remember right. I don't agree with everything said in any of them but they raise some important issues, particularly Horus's article "Of Witches and Hate" which comes pretty close to pegging a lot of the things I've come to dislike here at Gaia Online as a place to be active in Pagan forums. When the article came out I intended to raise it as a topic here but never got around to it.

The "What is Wicca?" article was a bit interesting too, though I didn't like it quite as much. Perhaps because it's not how I'd go about defining it (or rather in defining it I'd prefer to present the *problems* that arise when one attempts to define any religion, regardless of what it is).

The "Pagan Predators" article was relatively well done too. The author might as well though been describing any person with ASP (antisocial personlity disorder, better known as psychopaths/sociopaths). Paganism, especially the more elitist branches of it, can have serious problems with these kinds of people because secretory things lend themselves to these kinds of abuses. A good incentive to be extremely careful of choosing a coven, at any rate.  

Starlock

Aya Azura

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:34 pm
On Witchvox, to tell the truth, I just read the news things. This is probably and old news thing, but I read about the UCEW(Universal Church of Eclectic Wiccans), and I also read some articles on meditation, and they sounded pretty valid, because I wasn't just read, "Well the way I do it is..", which was good. So witchvox I think is good for location of witches and pagans in your area, but if you want some news about what's happening in the "Pagan World", then it's good to read.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:56 pm
This artical is interesteing.

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:14 pm
The End Of The Romance And The Last Solitaire

Rethinking Eclecticism

Here are a couple of new ones ^-^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:32 pm
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast
I wasn't really thinking about debate. sweatdrop I mean, if you want to you can discuss the articles. I know that some people will disagree with them because the authors have a "lack of authority," but I think they make a point of some kind.

Don't take this the wrong way- but take a good look over this link if you haven't seen it yet.

It will help you understand why folks have a problem addressing positions upheld by those who do not hold authority.

While I do not agree with everything people have said on witchvox. I did find some interesting articles. And just because people lack authority does not make there argument invalid in any way as long as they can make a logical argument. They may have something interesting or intellectual to say.  

TheCrazy_writer

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:21 am
TheCrazy_writer

While I do not agree with everything people have said on witchvox. I did find some interesting articles. And just because people lack authority does not make there argument invalid in any way as long as they can make a logical argument. They may have something interesting or intellectual to say.
No- but the Appeal to Authority is by nature illogical.

~pokes the Fallacies with a stick~ See?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:30 am
I thought this one was good, if a bit short.

A Brief History of Paganism in America  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:24 pm
Neko_Bast
I thought this one was good, if a bit short.

A Brief History of Paganism in America

Very Short, and very focused.

I want this book: Her Hidden Children by Chas Clifton

Still focused on Wicca and nature-based pagan beliefs, but it promises to be good. I like his blog already, even when I disagree with it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff