Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
A Series or Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Baudelaire Orphans are
  In a land filled with happiness and love
  in a land filled with woe and misery
  just children who are not bright enough to know what goes on in the world
View Results

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:26 am
No, I'm talking about those flesh eating leeches with rows of teeth. The mushrooms I'm talking about are the ones in the cave in the book The slippery slope.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:44 am
I read them all really fast which is unusual for me, i cant wait for 13 to come out and the next movie!!! Good series but it kinda gets annoying him explaining words all the time, but i liked em alot and wonder how their life is going to end...

p.s. poor kids  

Angel Blue Eyes05

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:15 am
Yeah.........*sniff* sad crying  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:38 pm
i enjoy them alot even if they are for a younger age group  

laaalalalalalalalalas

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:18 pm
Pffft..Who told you that? They're for all age groups.....aren't they?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:05 pm
its just that the style of writing seems to be aimed for children...i love them anyway though  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Hiitachin Kaoru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:32 pm
I don't particularly care for them. I read the first three, but they just seemed, repetitive I guess. Well I guess they are aimed at the younger age group though...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:05 pm
It's alright if you don't care for them. Yes, true that the author does aim for younger age groups.  

lavenvi05

Shiama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:36 am
well i havent read any of the books but my friend that had said they just get really repetative and boring so i havent really taken the time to read them ...but i did see the movie which was good.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:34 pm
rofl Your friend thinks they are boring? Oh please. The suspense just seems so real. The humor is the best part.  

lavenvi05

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 am
Lady_Altheia
leeches exist. Which mushrooms do you mean? I read most of the series already up to book 10.
No, I mean those leeches with the rows of teeth. I know leeches exist. The poisionous mushrooms in that one cave in the 10th book.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:29 pm
ok i like the series but i think the animals are fictional. i mean man eating leeches? and the incredibly deadly viper which actually is friendly and so on. and the mushrooms were something mycelium *cant remmeber  

laaalalalalalalalalas

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:05 pm
Oh, that's right. The mushroom's name started with an m. Those creatures are unreal, you are so right. That's what makes the books so interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:55 am
The series is too ridiculously far-fetched, but the writer has an interesting style, and he brought black comedy to children! The movie was SERIOUSLY unfaithful to the book, but Jim Carrey's improv. was funny, even if it was completely different to the written character of Olaf. The sets on it were amazing too. I have read all the ones that have come out so far (12) and I think they're good for an interesting, light read.  

le-half-blood-princess

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:55 pm
yea i agree with you but i did think they were actually quite faithfull ecxept for two things
1. Klaus didnt wear glasses
but they did give him reading glasses and considering how often he reads he could wear them constantly
2. the marvelous marraige was moved to the end of the movie and the scene was replaced with a new scene on the train tracks.
the train tracks thing was something i could see happening in the books and they evewn threw in the last chance general store whee . the director said that he didnt want to end the movie with a death (it is a kids movie after all) he said a book could pull off the ending but not the movie so he moved the play to the end of the movie. i thought it worked though...
mind you when i saw the movie i was going nuts i was like
"OH MY GOD Vioelts inventions were perfect!'
"the sets are so COOL!" and etc....my dad thought i was insane...i must add that i thought the littlest elf in the beggining was a nice touch

ok im finished now  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces