Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Film Project Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Yes.
  No; It has already been done.
  Make it good! Then it'll be watch-worthy!
View Results

Violet n_n

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:42 pm
Zee Green Tell Sun
Narki
How about distrust? Isolation? Being frozen out from the rest of the family? Aren't those equally nasty fates to take into consideration?

Don't act like I don't give a damn about what happens.

stare Narki was only speaking his mind...
And I agree with him, whole heartedly.

Zee Green Tell Sun
I thought this was brilliant and she joked that I'd have to deal with "all of the overly religious parents". I wouldn't mind..I dunno if this was already done before but it sounds fun.

Doesn't seem like you took every aspect seriously. This is a very dramatic situation for many people. Most people hide from their sexuality because they can't come out to their family. That really hurts, to hide something so important from those that mean so much to you. "Joking" around isn't something you should do. We have days like "Day of Silence" (I believe that's the true title of it) where we try to feel the pain... Making it into some movie and a joke is rude.

That's just my $0.02.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:36 am
Zee Green Tell Sun
Narki
How about distrust? Isolation? Being frozen out from the rest of the family? Aren't those equally nasty fates to take into consideration?

Don't act like I don't give a damn about what happens.

Ehem.

Zee Green Tell Sun
I've come to a conclusion that people could be thrown out. ::shrugs:: Seems like a good idea otherwise, if that wasn't involved.

Going by that statement it seemed like that was the only "bad" aspect you had in consideration, further enforced by the "Seems like a good idea otherwise." part.
My point still stands firm that this might be a bit too risky stuff to experiment with unless you've thought it through all the way and made sure that people won't get hurt, which I don't think can be achieved very easily.  

[OMFG NARKI]

Herzeleider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:10 pm
I think it's a great idea! Being invovled with film myself, I can see the positives. It would be intresting, to see what would come out of it. I also dont think it's that big of a deal as long as the participants knew the risks. And of course they wouldnt have to do anything, if they didnt like the idea. I mean I would do it, if I thought my parents would believe it. When you create something like this though, be aware you will get alot of mixed reactions. Also make sure you can handle being called a heartless insensitive b***h and other cruel and vulgar words. It would need alot of planning and work. But yeah I think you could have something here. It's a good time for it too, with all the rallies and protests agaisnt and for homosexuals. If it came out good you could submit it to a film festival. Ideas that get protest always get a big audience. see there I go again thinking about $$  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:11 pm
It could be a good idea. Depends on how you take this. Have you ever made a video before professionally or for contest? If not then there are major things that you have to do first otherwise there is highly more of a chance that more damage will come to you. And if you haven't then I'm willing to tell you want you need before making the video. Also...one way to soften the after blow if the parents don't believe the child...record them talking about why their doing this and saying their not gay, etc. so you have valid prove to show the parents.  

Ichigohiko

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces