Modern
  Medieval
  Both, duh!
  Neither
  Gold!
View Results

Harbone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:35 pm
A good friend of mine reccommended Sorcery and Cecilia, which I have to admit I enjoyed. I read it about the same time I was experimenting with Poitctesme references in my games, so it kind of helped.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:20 am
I prefer medieval. It's easier to imagine things then.  

Annisea

Invisible Gekko

8,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Champion 300

Hakumei_Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:34 pm
I really like medieval fantasy, just because it's a lot of stuff i'm not used to... less technological. it's becoming harder to find medieval fantasies, at my little bookstore anyways. I like some modern fantasies. Like Valiant and uhm... sweatdrop I forget the name of the other book by the same authoress... I'll look it up later!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:48 pm
I perfer medieval fantasy to be truthful, but that is mainly because I don't much like the modren world.  

Mountain Maden

lavenvi05

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:22 pm
I like both. dark ages fantasy is awsome with the men in tights and the women in cloaks and gowns. The modern is cool with the........yeah.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:07 am
I'd have to go with Medieval because there's more slaves and I like slave stories as long as their not imprisoned there to long. But then I like mordern fantacy to. It really just depends if the plot is good and the writer knows what he/she is doing. Overall I tend to read more of the Medieval type books.  

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:13 pm
I mostly seem to read modern fantasy or fantasy which takes place in other worlds because the idea of them has always fascinated me. I don't really have a preference but I generally find modern fantasy more involving because you can relate to the characters much more easily. At least that's what I think, lots of people seem to disagree in this thread sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:35 am
I like all of it! Medeval, modern, alternate universe, whatever.  

Hiitachin Kaoru

inkfan

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:59 am
Well, you know, I used to like medieval fantasies, but that changed after I read the book Inkheart. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:11 pm
MED. FOR SURE!  

-talladega-

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:55 pm
I love both. sweatdrop That's really all I have to say. I couldn't choose one over the other.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:34 pm
i like both.  

demon_of_blackfire

Harbone

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:32 pm
ObsessedWithBooks
I'd have to go with Medieval because there's more slaves and I like slave stories as long as their not imprisoned there to long. But then I like mordern fantacy to. It really just depends if the plot is good and the writer knows what he/she is doing. Overall I tend to read more of the Medieval type books.

Sorry to be nosy, but this is important for a project I'm working on. Do you prefer stories where someone ESCAPES from slavery, or do you just like seeing someone BOUND, however temporarily, to the condition of slavery for whatever reason? (Please do not reveal your reasons, if you answer, as that will mess with the data a little. Thanks for any input!)

Er... ah... If I get a response, I'll say why this is important. It has to do with the prevalance of slavery as a motif in high fantasy stories, particulalry medieval ones more than modern ones, however.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:50 pm
well i love both types of fnatasy but lately i have been leaning more twoards modern...but most of the time i am in more of an medival mood.  

Shiama

JewelintheLotus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:32 am
I would have to say I like both because they both have merit in their own way. Modern tends to be easier to relate to because we, unfortunately, are involved in the modern era. Midevil, however, does lean toward the magic and enchanted object route which plays to our imagination. I could not possibly choose because they both provide adequate forms of escapism for me. Sometimes I like to read of someone in a position similar to mine finding release from the everday in some kind of form, but I also like to imagine a world completely apart form myself. Did that make any sence. Sometimes I feel like my semi-lucid mind just raves on...  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff