Gold whore!
View Results

[nike13]

5,915 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:07 pm

i really enjoy reading her books, ive read The Serpent's Shadow (or Shadow of the Serpent...something like that), Gates of Death, and The Black Swan. I'm impressed that the story doesn't seem to really hit the climax until 2/3rds of the way through and by that time i'm attached to the characters enough to really get to page turning (not so much with the Black Swan but definately got hooked with the Gates of Death)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:25 pm

I think you mean Gates of Sleep/ I really liked that book. I love her valdemar series.

Lady_Altheia

tecche

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:27 pm

I just read The Black Swan - I liked it. Granted, it's not like it was the best book ever, but it was still good.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:30 pm

Lady_Altheia
What book is that?

the last herald mage...the first book.

Renegade Jarlaxle

Lady_Altheia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:19 pm

Renegade Jarlaxle
Lady_Altheia
What book is that?

the last herald mage...the first book.

I love that series. Vanyel is so awesome.
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:53 pm

Lady_Altheia
You can get the Fairy Godmother at any barnes and nolbe or Borders or Walden books. Also, you can get them from the public library and they should be able to get it from another library if they don't have it.

I try not to buy a lot of books because of my limited income with a new car and college around the corner next fall. Im also starting to run out of room for them in my house. ^^;

The thing is, I ask for a lot of books from other libraries so I try to be kind to my librarians and Ive been cutting back on what I ask for.

Geek Mama

Lady_Altheia

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:51 pm

Well eventually, you will want to read it.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:51 pm

ok um i was reading her books thinking oh cool and then WOAH! sex scene... eek im kind of innocent and not into that sort of thing so ever since i have just kind of not liked them that much

laaalalalalalalalalas

angelic5252

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:20 pm

i don't have a favorite series because her books are so good. she is one of my all time favorite authors! she makes fantasy come to life and so much fun to read! all her books are good that i've read so far!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:21 pm

Ladyknight1991
ok um i was reading her books thinking oh cool and then WOAH! sex scene... eek

Heh. Yeah, I think she could downsize the sex stuff 0.o

I love her stuff anyway, particularly the Bedlam's Bard series, cowritten with Rosemary Edgehill. I also read the first two books in the Obsidian Trilogy, all the Joust books that have come out, Black/White/Silver Gryphon, the Last Herald-Mage, the Vows and Honor trilogy, By the Sword, Burning Water, and Winds of Fate. ^^

Alindaer

Serenity-Revers

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:51 pm

I own the entire Valdemar series. I fell in love with them after I read Brightly Burning. The ending made me cry. I dont cry that much. Though I really like The Black Swan. Also owned. She was the second series I collected and her books are just amazing.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:55 pm

I love Mercedes Lackey! She is one of my favorite authors. I particularly like some of her trilogies, the Obsidean Trilogy, the Dragon Jouster trilogy, the Griffon trilogy and the Owlknight trilogy. I can't wait until the third book of the obsidean trilogy comes out! biggrin

Drake214

Verlindaine333

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:41 am

Mage Wars
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:17 pm

I love Mercedes Lackey, i own every book i've every found that was by here, and yes i've read them, lol. I love her Bard Series.

Aslark

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:16 pm

her work is good, but her style tends to get redundant after a couple of books. Though I really enjoy the Vows and Honor series and By the Sword.
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff