Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Alexandrian Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:56 pm
TeaDidikai
[Kudzu]
TeaDidikai
So, in essence, without having an Alexandrian and Gardenarian initiation from one of these "crossing" lineages, we cannot tell if say- the Alexandrian 3rd Degree looks the same as the Gardenarian, yes?

That's one way of putting it, yes. I believe that, in order to have both an Alexandrian and a Gardnerian lineage, one would have to be Initiated into both. But I'm willing to be wrong about all this crazy stuff, because I don't yet run a Coven as an Elder, so I haven't actually had to make all these tough decisions about whether to let a [insert Trad here] Wiccan into my group without an Initiation into my Trad.
I just realized how unclear I was being.

My runaway thoughts came from the idea that the foundation of the religion are the Mysteries. Wicca allows for different covens to express the mysteries as they are revealed- which creates differences.

If LCX is completely bastardized beyond the identity of LCY's concept of Wicca, but is then turned into LCY's tradition, LCX no longer is LCX but LCY.

Yes, exactly! Sometimes, the differences are very slight, but just to be on the safe side, no exceptions are made. That is especially true here in the U.S. I hear that in the U.K. the lines between trads are far blurrier, and they can "smell" that you're one of them when you walk in the door! *lol* I don't know if that's true, but the next time I go to the U.K. I'm going to see if I can't do some Trad tourism while I'm over there!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:01 pm
[Kudzu]

Yes, exactly! Sometimes, the differences are very slight, but just to be on the safe side, no exceptions are made. That is especially true here in the U.S. I hear that in the U.K. the lines between trads are far blurrier, and they can "smell" that you're one of them when you walk in the door! *lol* I don't know if that's true, but the next time I go to the U.K. I'm going to see if I can't do some Trad tourism while I'm over there!
Largely a lifestyle thing.
Work in an occult shop long enough and you learn.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces