Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ◕ Roleplay: Hemlock
[PRP] Shaken, not Stirred (Lay x Duke) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:16 pm

Finishing off the Lemon Drop with a flourish, Duke grinned. He was happy enough to pay another bartender a genuine compliment. "You're welcome." So, yeah, Lay had kind of laughed at him, but he didn't mind. Somehow, it didn't seem like Lay could do anything that wouldn't seem adorable. By Grendel, what was wrong with him? There was something distinctly charming about about his fellow bartender. It wasn't just his looks, either, although only a blind man could miss them.

"Very close," he agreed. "Almost a little too close, but if you're going to be there, I don't think I'll mind much." Or at all. Having finished the drink, he was looking for reasons to stick around. "Did you work at the 'Bin back before?" In the old days, before it had temporarily closed down.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:44 pm
Lay shook his head. He wasn’t around back then, not there. He had done the same work elsewhere and other side jobs but never had the chance. He wasn’t even much the same as before. He struggled back then, with his unlife with nary a shred of stability. “No.” He said flatly. He had done what he had to. He didn’t want to revive those memories. Someday he might have to face them even if just for some peace with himself.

Lay stood straight and stretched his arms up high after leaning there for some time. Leaving the back of the bar to come and take a seat by Duke. “I did however work at other bars. I wasn’t very good before. I messed up a bunch and had to do a lot to make up for it.” He nudged his company lightly. “What about you? You been here before or elsewhere?”

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:24 pm

The energy in the club shifted suddenly, and Duke felt it palpably. What he'd said had not hit the right note. Something unreadable flickered across his face as he watched Lay. He could tell immediately that something was wrong, but other than knowing it had to do with the past, he had no idea. "No, I never worked here. I've been a bartender for a long time. It's all I've ever really known or done. Started when I was pretty young but I never slowed down." He paused, considered Lay's expression, and the way he'd settled in near him.

"I've worked with a lot of bartenders over the years, but you have a rare knack." There was something about the casual elegance of Lay's mixology that really stood out from the rest. Not to mention that he truly was an excellent bartender. The drink Duke had enjoyed had been well worth it. "You make it look easy and taste good. Great, really." Duke grinned slightly, and nudged his companion back. "Something tells me you don't mess up much these days."

'Kyuketsuki06"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:03 pm
The air felt lighter as Lay chuckled at Duke's compliments. He wondered if he was always like this. At first he thought he would be more rough around the edges. No longer sure why this was as their impromptu hang out continued. "You're sweet. I honestly used to hate it but somehow it grew on me. Maybe it was the environment."

Facing him his expression suddenly daring as he leaned toward Duke looking up at him. "Now..." a lilt in his voice and a smirk on his lips. "I think you should show me what you can do."

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:13 pm

Somewhere along the way, Duke realized he was completely enchanted by the beautiful bartender. He was... well, probably in trouble. "You know, it happens that way sometimes. I have to admit that there was never a time I didn't really enjoy it. I fell into bartending, but I love it." Obviously. His eyes couldn't seem to quite tear themselves away from Lay's face.

Without really thinking about what he was doing, Duke looped an arm around Lay's waist as he leaned in toward him. "You really want to see it?" he asked, a slight, crooked grin on his lips. "But are we still talking about mixology?" Suddenly, all he could see was those big, beautiful silver eyes in a lovely, winsome face.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:22 pm
Despite him knowing full well all the possible answers he could of received he was still taken aback when Duke leaned close in return, arm slipping around him. Gasping slightly at the close proximity. His heart would be racing if it beat.

His lips were parted, meaning to speak but no words came out. His eyes flicking from Duke's eyes to his grin and those lips. The moment felt like an eternity as he examined every detail of the very close, so very close and very attractive bartender.

"I..." Lay was flustered, used to being on the opposite end was trying to gain enough mind to say something. Get a grip Lay what has gotten into you? he chided himself. "Duke" it came out breathy. He had meant his skills as a bartender even though maybe it was just to watch him move those arms. One, as he was very aware, around him. He was a sight and he wanted to see more. But what did he really want now? Audaciously he brought his face closer pausing for barely a second before just passing his cheek to whisper in his ear, a hand having had also come to rest on his shoulder. And without giving an answer as to what he teased. "Show me what you got."

Cheri
emotion_facepalm

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:55 pm

With an invitation like that one, Duke could not resist. He leaned forward, slipping his arm up so that he could cup the back of Lay's head, and planted a fervent kiss on his lips. Their first kiss, but he couldn't regret it. He'd been much, much too tempted. "As you wish," he said, and then slipped out of Lay's reach. It was time to get mixing.

He slipped behind the bar like a seal sliding into the ocean, totally in his element. As he slung the booze, he gave Lay a cocky smirk and then a wink. He couldn't help himself, he really could not. "Try this one out for size," he said, as he tossed together a Cosmopolitan... and then began to whip up a Sex on the Beach. Hey, a guy could dream. Even if it was just a flirtation, it was completely worth the cute look on Lay's face.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:47 pm
He wanted to freeze time, you would think he had never been kissed before for how stunned he was. He didn’t usually leave the ball in another’s court either. He may be a small pretty fellow but he led most of his one nighters along. This wasn’t no one nighter nobody though and it hit differently. The kiss lingered even after Duke slunk away to show off his skills. Lay smiled sheepishly.

He watched Duke silently at a loss for words, smiled a little wider at the smirk and wink his way. Behind his pleased face he did worry, he’d kept a barrier with anyone he worked with to not cause problems. It had happened before and it was not pretty. A workplace romance either was great or a terrible thing. It could also be a fling for all he knew, which would be ok he supposed if so, he wouldn’t let it affect the job. ’You have known him for a minute, stop fretting, just….

He got lost in his own head and watching Duke, he couldn’t pull away. He started when a drink slid up. And he laughed at the second one. “Two really good choices, did I tell you I liked Cosmos?” He didn't remember saying so, but he wasn’t sure anymore, it was trivial and not at all important after that kiss.

He hummed with pleasure after trying it. “Maybe you can help me make new fun drinks for the place with me. I have been testing some out but nothing has stuck.” His idle chatter covered his true wants. He glanced at the other drink more than once wondering if it meant something. Maybe it was just the mood and how he already drank more tonight than normal.

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:17 am

Another little smirk found its way to Duke's lips and he gave a fluid shrug. "You didn't exactly say it so much as it just seemed to suit you." The Sex on the Beach... well, it was wishful thinking. Maybe for them both, judging by the way Lay had responded. Once he'd finished the Sex on the Beach, he set it in front of Lay as well. "Give it a taste, tastemaker." He couldn't resist a wink at that.

Every once and awhile, he found himself glancing at Lay's lips, and genuinely wondered what they might taste like now... and shook himself. Seriously, he needed to keep his head in the game. It was an issue. A developing one. He felt like, although he barely knew Lay, he was in very real danger of becoming enthralled. Assuming that he wasn't already. "Maybe I can. I've made a lot of drinks over the years."

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:17 am
The tension was thick. So, he felt anyway, he was treading the unknown with this one. Exhilarating and frightening. Where did he stop? He wondered. The same thoughts popped up, the what ifs, the possibly problems that could ensue, or maybe there wouldn’t be any problems. He started to think he should end it soon and head out. He knew he’d see him a lot so there was time, plenty of time. He wasn’t sure he really wanted to take

Setting the Cosmo down and picking up the Sex on the Beach he tilted his head down to not spill the full glass, but he found that he looked up and stared right at him as he tasted and let the flavors mingle in his mouth as he set it back down. ‘’Hm. Yeah, I like that too.” He licked the sweetness off his lips.

“Mr. Abs, come here.” He wagged his finger to coax him closer over the counter, a sly grin played on his face.

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 12:17 pm

"As you wish," 'Mr. Abs' said, closing the distance between them. "I take it you're satisfied with my demo?" he asked, staring down at Lay. He'd set all the supplies back in their proper place, as was his habit. Leaving expensive booze and mixers on the bar was not something Duke did. Not even just long enough to spend some time with Layzel. He was a little self-conscious right now, a bit more shy than he'd expected.

Somehow, that sly grin that Lay was wearing had brought that out. "So... what now?" he asked, a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead. Apparently he'd put a little more into his little show than he'd thought, if he was sweating. Or maybe Lay was just that hot. And oh boy was it a good thing that his companion was not, to his knowledge, a mindreader.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 4:09 pm
His smile widened  at the question as he lifted off his seat to reach. He was still a little short despite the boots. He grabbed the back of Duke's neck to pull him closer paying back the kiss from earlier, an earnest kiss on the cusp of being eager. Throwing any lingering caution to the wind. He was enthralled with the fellow bartender in so many ways.

Knowing nearly nothing about him didn't matter in the moment. He released him and broke away but stayed within reach. "Hmm what now indeed." He purred. He'd let Duke decide. He still had a ways to go if he was heading out. Either way he'd see him sooner than later.

cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:08 pm

Well now. Duke had absolutely zero complaints about where this was going. He had, at least, received a few much appreciated kisses tonight. If he never got any more intimacy from Lay, he could consider himself spoiled. The kiss the bartender laid on Duke sent his head spinning, just a little. What a cutie Lay was, always hovering between confident and shy. Maybe he was much the same way. He'd not dated coworkers before. Usually he wouldn't so much as kiss one. But kiss Lay he had, and he had no regrets.

He didn't quite release Lay, even as Lay's arms loosened around him. "Should I walk you home?" he asked, as if this were a date. Was it a date? It was... sort of magical, whatever it was. He felt truly fortunate that Layzel had decided that he was worth a second kiss. A grin tugged at his lips, and he cocked his head to the side. "Or maybe help you clean up first?" Technically it was both of their responsibility.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:16 pm
Lay gave Duke a quick last peck before letting go and hopping off the seat. He was buzzing happily, he contained it as best he could. But he was beaming. "Oh yeah, what's left to clean up?" He had been headed out when he spotted the last table that was the start of this venture. If it had been not near the exit he probably wouldn't have noticed and none of this would have happened. At least yet.

He mentally thanked the messy table and him being clumsy for once. He took a gander around not seeing anything he'd worry about himself right now. He would be back and do so then. He was not as thorough, unless he was off the next evening. Duke seemed to be the opposite taking care of it there and then, based on his demo. "If there's nothing pressing I'd love the company. It's a bit of a way though." It did feel like a unofficial date of sorts. When was the last date he'd been on? Besides between friends, it was too long to remember. Definitely been too long that he felt anything like this.

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 3:21 pm

Ah, Duke knew that he often had unreasonable standards for how to keep a bar. There were a few little things here and there that he would not have kept out, all things considered, but he supposed it was nothing pressing. "Well. I guess not much. Nothing that can't wait for tomorrow night." And really, it was more important to walk Lay home in time to beat the sunrise back here than it was to clean up the club. After all, he could simply do that in the evening. "Should we head out, then?" he asked, holding an arm out for Lay.

He didn't mind walking him home. It wasn't like it was always safe to head out alone, though really Lay probably could handle himself. Duke didn't exactly want him to have to, though, when push came to shove. It'd be nice to just treat it as a sort of unofficial date they'd had. He could pretend, at least. It was part of the fun.

Kyuketsuki06

◕ Roleplay: Hemlock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces