Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
The True Meaning of Atheism? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

An Atheist is someone who......?
  ...believes it absolutely impossible for there to be a god/gods/god-like beings.
  ...accepts the possibility, but thinks it so unlikely that the idea isn't worth entertaining.
  ...doesn't belive in a god/gods/god-like beings, but thinks that either side could be right.
View Results

Azakura

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:16 pm
People have different views on atheism, some people believe that the exsistence of a supernatural being such as a god or godess is impossible or unlikely, not ALL atheists have the EXACT same beliefs in religion, for example I believe for god not to be true because the mere idea of a being with super powers to make life and do WHATEVER he wants is even more ridiculus then the idea of Superman. Some atheists believe that the world was created by science or evoltion, to me I believe that people slowly evolve every day as in growing and getting smarter as their life goes on is the idea of evolution. If some god were to speak to me up front I would more then likely suspect myself to be clinicly insane rather then that god was real because of the impossibility of there being a god.
User Image
I need to fix my hair as well blaugh .  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:05 pm
I personally don't believe in ghosts, or anything else supernatural. Or at least I don't believe in them as a religious or superstitious person would. I know that anything that happens in the cosmos will follow scientific law, and then can be recognised and understood for what it really is.  

Goth^_^Pirate

Psycho_Katie

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:52 am
Full_Metal_Truth
Some atheists believe that the world was created by science or evoltion, to me I believe that people slowly evolve every day as in growing and getting smarter as their life goes on is the idea of evolution.

People do indeed evolve more everyday. 3nodding As do other animals, the earth's landscape, and our languages.

PS. I think your hair's fine as it is. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:30 pm
the tricky part is people get confused between
a) not beliving there is a god and,
b) Believing that there is no god  

xorflex

xorflex

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:33 pm
Psycho_Katie
Full_Metal_Truth
Some atheists believe that the world was created by science or evoltion, to me I believe that people slowly evolve every day as in growing and getting smarter as their life goes on is the idea of evolution.

People do indeed evolve more everyday. 3nodding As do other animals, the earth's landscape, and our languages.

PS. I think your hair's fine as it is. ^_^

I agree, I think that when people try to argue against evolution they have this idea that evoltion is one animal suddenly turning into another animal, also people try to classify species to much so they think they are totaly separate things with no relation to one another. I think that some people are scared to accept their place in nature because it will make them realize they are not 'special' or 'the image of God'  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:36 am
Well, I call myself a true athiest.
I do not believe in god, heaven and hell, or reincarnation. I simply do not believe or entertain anything not explained by physics.
I do not entertain supernatural ideas at all and do not believe that time is a physiological concept, therefore a time machine can't exist.
Why would anyone think a time machine could exist?  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:57 am
Yeah, I agree with most of you guys. If science doesn't acknowledge it, and I can't experience it with my five senses, then it doesn't exist. Though, I donno about the term "True Atheist." It sounds a little pretentious. I think "Strict Atheism" sounds less insulting.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Kharybuce
Yeah, I agree with most of you guys. If science doesn't acknowledge it, and I can't experience it with my five senses, then it doesn't exist. Though, I donno about the term "True Atheist." It sounds a little pretentious. I think "Strict Atheism" sounds less insulting.
Of course. Sorry, a little carried away
Spirits, eh, they'd have a perfection of immortality. Immortality is supernatural, which sorta ties into things like god.
There is no perfection to ever exist in a human, nor anything else. Science can easily be called imperfect, because not everything is unraveled, and everything will not be discovered, so it can't be perfect. Thus there is no solid evidence of anything. That could have entertained the idea of God. Wow, weird. I just thought aloud.
I did see that spirit program on TV. Just a bunch of computer animation BS.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:25 pm
FlamingChihuahua

Oh now worries. There's no "official" term, so it's all good. cool  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:45 pm
Kharybuce
FlamingChihuahua

Oh now worries. There's no "official" term, so it's all good. cool
xd  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Hiemdall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:06 am
Do know what theism is? It's the total trust and love of god, that beleives all humans are sinful. It's just "a" "theism".  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:12 pm
As atheism does not entail any specific beliefs outside of disbelief in God, atheists can hold any number of spiritual beliefs. For the same reason, atheists can hold a wide variety of ethical beliefs, ranging from the moral universalism of humanism, which holds that a moral code (such as utilitarianism) should be applied consistently to all humans (cf. human rights), to moral nihilism, which holds that morality is meaningless.[88]

quoted from wikipedia.

i personaly think that if someone can see that the existance of gods is impossible, how can he follow a religion? Maybe my mind is just not ready for it at the moment, but I cant see how can atheism and religion work together  

Birous

Hiemdall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:00 pm
The world theism encompasses all religions.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:06 pm
The true meaing and value of atheism is being in charge of your own life and destiny; not being a prisoner to anyone. Theists must live in fear, they must feel caged.

I know that's not exactly what the question was, but that's what's important.  

Prince Rilian

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:29 pm
FlamingChihuahua
Well, I call myself a true athiest.
I do not believe in god, heaven and hell, or reincarnation. I simply do not believe or entertain anything not explained by physics.
I do not entertain supernatural ideas at all and do not believe that time is a physiological concept, therefore a time machine can't exist.
Why would anyone think a time machine could exist?

The only time machine I will ever love is the Tardis. Mainly because I'm a Doctor Who fangirl. sweatdrop  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff