Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
Choir of Happiness (1x1 Murder Mystery) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(For the ambience, might wanna lower the volume a little.)

After another yawn, Morgan agreed and watched the young mage head on home, with the other officers still at work with the crime scene;
a part of Morgan knows he should work as well though the officer that told him they've got it would insist he ends the night for now. Rubbing the back of
his neck and a quick look around the park, there wasn't much for him to do as he heads out home as well.

As the night had passed, the sun rises with no disturbance, the city still vibrant and now full of activity when the sun soon rose high. The air is filled
with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee made a pleasant feel, an open house coffee shop with a few beastman and elvish baristas working the line,
serving various races and greeting new patrons that comes in. Morgan has yet to arrive.

Ooc: Kay, it'll be a bit of a narration since Morgan might take a while.

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Syn had made sure that he got up early before going about his daily routine. After making sure he had everything, he locked up his apartment before heading over to the café where he was to meet Morgan. When he entered the café, he noticed a lot of other creatures before dismissing them and heading up to the counter to order some breakfast while he waited for the detective to arrive. He settled on a large cup of chocolate hazelnut coffee for himself and a plain cup for Morgan whenever he got here. And also a plate of cinnamon rolls for them both. He had a bot of a sweet tooth and rolls were one of his many weaknesses. He chose a table by the window where he could see those passing by as he settled himself and waited for the detective, He hoped that everything was okay and that nothing held him up. While he waited, he decided to go over some files from his job. He worked at the local hospital as a receptionist as well as a nurse on occasion when they needed his healer expertise. He was so into it, that he almost forgot about Morgan.

F-XylilShrink

Occ. I understand. Oh, he'' have a number of outfit changes through out the rp. Lol.  

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:25 pm
User Image

An old model car rolls up, parking close to the café where there was an opening. The engines turned off as Morgan steps out of the driver's seat. Noticing a familiar sound, a few of the baristas see Morgan grabbing his satchel from the back seat before closing the car door. "Hey Monk!" elven barista greeted from the counter top which drew Morgan's attention as he waved at them, must be a regular who frequents this place quite often as some of the other regulars also waved at Morgan. Noticing Syn had arrived before he did, he walked up to the table Syn was at standing there before clearing his throat, "Is this seat taken?" he asked with a soft smile after noticing how nicely dressed Syn appears which amused the detective. "Sorry I'm late, had to pick up a few paper work at the precinct for what happened last night." He apologized for his late coming due to work related problems, hoping Syn didn't wait too long for him.

Ooc: Oh, spiffy. Morgan only changes his shirt and scarf, the trench coat is always worn outside. ( ^~ ^; )

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Syn started in surprise when he heard Morgan's voice and looked up from his papers. "No. Not at all. Have a seat." he replied with a return smile as he slid the papers back into his binder and into his shoulder bag. it could hold anything. He waved the apology away, shaking his head. "It's fine. I totally understand." he added with a small laugh, knowing all about paperwork before gesturing to the coffee on the table. "I got you some coffee. I left it black since I don't know how to take it," he started sheepishly with a shrug, He had noticed a clock nearby and realized that he hadn't been waiting long for the other to arrive which was a surprise since it felt like more time had passed when he was engrossed with his patients files. The amount of illnesses these days were just ridiculous. "Oh, I also got us some cinnamon rolls. Hope that was okay?" he stated, gesturing to the plate in the middle of the table.

F-XylilShrink

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:22 pm
User Image

Taking his seat, Morgan chuckled about when he sees Syn putting away papers into his shoulder bag. A few of the people that knows Morgan seemed a bit interested seeing that he's with someone else, a few of the baristas giggled a bit at the sight they're getting as they figured Morgan was on a date with the young mage. He gestures at them which they get the hint and went on to do what they were doing before. "Thanks for the coffee, I would've gotten you something too if I'd been here a bit early." thanking Syn for the drink taking a sip with no condiments, sighing a bit and smiling, he seemed used to a plain cup of coffee and after taking a small bit of his cinnamon roll. An amused look came across his face as he savors the sweet pastry. Tasting the cinnamon and the spice it brings as it tingles his taste buds, he takes another bit after finishing his first, he likes it apparently placing the half eaten pastry down on his plate and wiping his hands on a napkin.

"Hmm, never had a sweet pastry before, first time for everything I guess, thank you Syn." Morgan said happily after taking another sip of coffee. Not much conversation from here as though Morgan enjoys the moment for the time before taking out a few papers from his satchel and placing them on the table. "I'm guessing you work as a healer or nurse at the local hospital, are you from the city?" Morgan asked sitting up straight.

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Syn just rolled his eyes and shook his head at the patrons antics. "Really. I don't understand why everyone is assuming we're on a date." he mused as he watched the patrons go back about their work. "That would be very sweet of you." he replied after a second of processing his statement. "No problem, Morgan." he added with another smile at the detective. "Yeah. I have a huge sweet tooth so any chance I get to eat something this good, I take it." he said as he took a bite of his own pastry and then a sip of his coffee. He looked down in curiosity as Morgan placed a few papers on the table. "You would assume right. Mostly as I work the front desk and only use my abilities when the need is dire. But I do as a nurse also. Even got the outfit for it." he mused, remembering when he came into work wearing it. The doctor who was working that night nearly had a heart attack when he saw him. It was quite funny to be honest. He snapped himself back to the present when Morgan asked where he was from.

"Yeah. I was born in Tulska but raised and trained in Hael when I discovered that I had healing powers at the age of 10." he replied after a second of getting himself comfortable. He had been quite surprised to learn that he had those abilities to begin with as he had accidentally healed a bird's broken wing with just a touch.

F-XylilShrink

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:58 pm
User Image

Morgan chuckled at Syn's complaint at the other patrons and baristas, "Oh don't mind them, it's just one reason why they nicknamed me Monk." chuckling softly knowing that the others at just teasing since there is someone pretty who's keeping him company, they've always seen him by himself at an empty table working on papers and engrossing himself in the case. Listening to what Syn does at the hospital, it would've been interesting on his first day as Morgan chuckled softly once more and learning that Syn is a born in Akatia, a bemused expression is seen on Morgan's face, especially since he's born in the jungle city. "Huh, I'd figured you were born in Europe, forgive my expectations, but it's a bit surprising to learn." picking up a paper as he looks over a short report from the coroner.

"Magic is quite surprising when some discovers they have it, others would gain magical abilities after a long time of training." expressing an amused look for a person to have gained healing magic at a much younger age. With small talk aside, there's a case that needs solving as Morgan sets a few photos down. "I know it's unpleasant, but considering the statement you've given last night, I was hoping if you could remember tiny details even if it's just a little." asking in a calm tone before continuing on as he points at a few items that were found and places a map of the park. "You said that you've felt a bad energy close by when you first entered here." he points at where Syn said he entered the park first, "on a scale from 1 to 10, how strong was that bad energy. It may help us call in some priests to determine the presence of dark magic, though it won't help us figure out who it belongs to." asking Syn to recall how strong the negative feeling he had to the dark magic, regretfully saying that even if they found where the killer was hiding it wouldn't be enough to identify him.

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Syn just shook his head at the antics. He snorted at the comment. "It's cool. You're not the first person to think that I was bring somewhere else, Morgan. And I am certain that you will not be the last to think that." He he replied with another shrug, not really bothered by Morgan's statement. He took another sip of his Coffee as he eyes the other as he picked up a piece of paper. A coroner's report by the looks of it. Great. "In most cases, you would be right. But I guess I am the exception to the rule apparently. Or, that was what my teacher told me anyway." he said as he mentally prepared himself to be asked questions once again. He blinked and then thought about it. "On a scale it would be a 9. Definitely. If It was a 10, I'd tell you to not get involved. But I have a feeling that it wouldn't stop you in the slightest " he started, suppressing a shudder at the memory of the feeling. "Dark energy like what I felt In that park leaves a mark, detective. It clings to that person using it like a leech sucking away every positive aspect of said person. I've seen it happen. It's not a lretty sight." he added as he stared into his Coffee before looking back at Morgan.

F-XylilShrink

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:12 pm
User Image

Hearing what Syn told, Morgan looked at the map as he started drawing circles around possible cover the killer may have used before slipping away and taking note of the danger scale the killer's presence would give, he later added a few smaller circles marking a star on them as he goes along. before placing the tip of his pen to his lip, figuring out what the team should focus on. "Hmm might have to call in some Marsh Priests to come in and find hidden runes." he said softly and knowing that the killer would find a new place to commit a murder, other locations that would suit the killer's MO, taking out his notepad before scribbling a few locations on the city that'll ideal for someone who practice dark magic or similar forms of necromancy.

"Yeah, though from the scale you've given, the killer would be close to a expert level magic user. Something new for the department to look out for since no one ever figured magic users would be involved."
With the new development of difficulty, Morgan was glad to have asked Syn out for some coffee considering that it'll make sure that everyone in law enforcement would be a bit safer knowing what to look out for. With safety in mind, there was one thing that needed to be brought up. "Remember when I said that the killer wasn't able to finish his ritual?" He asked pulling up a bunch of photos of recent victims as they had crude cuts along their chests including the female victims. "None of their organs were taken, but the killer would most often leave this as his/her signature." Though the killer still murdered an innocent person, there were still some marks on the recent victims, Morgan looked at Syn with concern, "He may try to finish his ritual with another victim, but we'll have people around the clock making sure that doesn't happen, if you feel something is off during the rest of your day, don't hesitate to call me okay. You've got my number." telling Syn to be careful from here on out as if the killer might pick him as his next target.

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 am

Syn watched in fascination as Morgan marked and write down like a pro. Then again, he was in reality. He nodded his head at the statement. "Yeah. That definitely would be wise." he replied, taking another long sip of his coffee. It settled his nerves if he was being honest with himself. Syn shook his head at Morgan. "If my teacher has taught me anything, it's that there is always at least one magic user at the center of a murder. Especially the rouge ones who don't really care about law or balance." he added, scratching the back of his neck absentmindedly. He blinked at the change in conversation before nodding. "Yeah" he responded after a second before taking a closer lo k at the photos. His blue eyes narrowed at the cuts along the chests and had to wonder what type off weapon the murderer used as the cuts looked damn familiar to him. He suddenly got a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. "Yeah, they would. Something about these cuts of nagging at the back of my mind but I can't recall what it is..." he muttered to himself, shaking his head.

He looked up at Morgan before nodding. "Of course, Morgan. I will certainly do that." he replied with a small smile at the other male before leaning back against hisnchaor and finishing the rest is his Coffee. He made a mental note to come back here in the future. "So, what now?" he asked after a beat.

F_XylilShrink

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:29 pm
User Image

"Hmm" Morgan thought for a few moment as he looked at his car holding his chin as if he's thinking. He later added another place which is an address just outside the city limits. After a quick text to someone at the precinct, he looked back at Syn with a knowing smile, "Well since we've both have time to spare, I'm heading off to a witch's hut just outside the city, said she's got a way to shed some light on these murders after she discovered one victim near her hut; although she didn't give us any because she wanted "me" to bring in someone interesting. Would you like to come along?" Morgan asked not wanting to drag Syn off somewhere without his approval, asking a little too much from the young healer mage was enough and not wanting to waste his time sniffing for answers.

"It's okay if you don't to come, I'm sure she'll know that I considered bringing someone interesting." He put a thought about the witch with a bemused look scratching his chin as if she's quite an enigma.

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Syn blinked at the offer before thinking about it. He really had nothing else to do today and it's been a while since he's met a witch, so why not. "Sure. Why not." he replied with a nod of his head and a smile. He arched an eyebrow. "Someone interesting? Well, if you find me interesting, then that should make her happy, right?" he added, amusement coloring his features while inwardly thinking what kind of idiot would murder someone near another's house? Especially witches? He mentally pushed the thought aside before finishing off the cinnamon rolls and then wiping his hands on a napkin. "I don't mind. I get rather bored easily so doing something productive should take my mind off of it for awhile. Plus, anything I can do to help the case, I'm willing." he finished after a beat.

"So, whenever you are ready to go, let me know. I'm going to get me a latte to go, okay?" he said before standing up and heading to the counter to get an actual latte and some more rolls. But to go this time as he would probably eat them later when he got home.

F-XylilShrink

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:08 pm
User Image

Nodding as Syn heads over to get something to go, Morgan remained seated as he goes over the notes he's got and thought hard for a while making every mental note and putting extras that would seem plausible. Turning his head toward Syn's direction, Morgan cupped his chin as a thought rolls up before he added a new note on his notepad. A wonder of significant as to how the killer picks his marks as a quick glance at the victims and their files show that they were ordinary citizens of different class with not much in terms of magic or anything else. Might have to do some digging now that the clues he's got from the recent murder narrowed down. His phone chimed getting a message back from someone in the precinct as he reads the text carefully, after a while he packed all the papers and photos back into his satchel and a quick reply to the message he got earlier.

Getting up from his seat and cleaning his table, one of the baristas stopped by to get the plates and thanked Morgan as she brings them over to be washed. Standing up from his seat, Morgan drew a circle on the table with his finger, an image gets engraved onto the table as it was a map of the city, drawing ten circles which indicates the places where the murders took place. Tapping the table made the image fade away, Morgan was ready to head on out, "I'll wait by the car Syn." he hailed as he makes his way over to the car, unlocking his car and putting his things in the back, Morgan climbed into the driver's seat.

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Syn raised his hand to let Morgan know that he heard him as he waited for his order to be processed. After waiting for a few minutes, he accepted his order before paying and then heading out the door. But he made sure to leave a nice tip for the workers for their excellent services. He would definitely be making a return trip here in the near future. He paused when he saw the car but just shrugged and made his way over to it before opening the passenger side and sliding in, making sure that he didn't drop his drink, He placed his bag on the floor by his legs before settling himself in the seat. "So, where does this witch actually live? I know you said outside the city, but that area's rather big." he asked after a moment, turning to look at the detective in curiosity. He had met plenty of witches over the years, some nice, some not so nice and some even trying to kill him for some slight or other.

"You don't have to tell me if you do not want. I'm just trying to make conversation as we make our way over there." he added after a moment with a smile before settling back into the seat once again and taking a seat of his latte as he waited for Morgan to drive.

F-XylilShrink

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:25 pm
User Image

Morgan raised an eyebrow a bit at Syn's attempt at small talk even before the car starts though it earned chuckle from the detective as he starts the engine of the car. With the both of them fastened to their seat, Morgan pulls out of the parking heading off West of the city. The radio was on slightly with the volume low enough for anyone inside the car to hear; though it's mainly a ball game between the Talisians Red Fox vs the Pittsburgh Pirates a first matchup between Akatia and the US. The slight silence broke as Morgan spoke up, "Baba Yaga mostly keeps to herself and although she might be one of the known witches in town. People don't always wanna deal with her and her... eccentric personality, but she's nice in her way." a slight sweat dropping down from his cheek as he remembered his first encounter with Baba Yaga and the slight trouble the police had when first arriving near her hut. A gloomy feel fills the atmosphere as Morgan's shoulders looked slumped and tired, "You'd love meeting her, she's just full of tricks and energy despite reporting a crime scene near her hut and having the police go through the trouble of finding her hut in the first place." he said in his normal voice though with not a lot of excitement considering he thought of going to her place in the beginning.

Snapping himself out of his tired out-of-shape daze, Morgan focuses on the road though he seemed more in thought even as the commentators on the radio continue to talk about what's going on in the ball game. "Baba Yaga owns a forest... or well she claimed a small part of it after moving in from Russia, said she was promised a place by the previous Emperor before his successor took the throne." informing Syn about Baba Yaga's forest and the history in how she got it. Getting close to the main freeway, the car is stopped by a traffic light. "Well ever met any eccentric witches in your time? Maybe one of em were a teacher in helping you in your training." He chuckled a bit jokingly, leaning back on his chair tilting his head slightly to Syn's direction.

DragonMistress07

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces