[PRP] Rumbly in my Tumbly (Kafele x Hila) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:22 am
Lifting one paw in a small show of protest as the water washed up into the cave, Hila agreed with Kafele. "Yeah we definitely don't want to be in here too long." She observed, moving deeper into the cave, picking her way around a pile of shells.

Leaning down to peer into a larger hole, she backed up with a small noise as she saw a rather large eye staring back at her. A smallish, dextrous tentacle reached out toward her face, prompting her to almost leap backwards, eyes wide.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:09 pm
Taking his own advice, Kafele began to root through the shells with his paws, looking for the perfect one. Some were a bit broken, others were too big to be carried out of here, and others really weren't that shiny. Finally, after a bit of shoving shells around, he found one that was whole except for a perfect hole in the thickest part of the shell where it had once connected to another shell, allowing the clam to live inside peacefully. Some sort of string or rope could easily be threaded through the hole so he could decorate himself just like his father did.

"Found one," he said with a triumphant grin as he turned to Hila just in time to see the strange tentacle emerging from the hole in the wall. He nearly dropped his prize in shock before bounding over to stand between Hila and the possible danger. He wasn't going to let his friend get pulled into the clutches of whatever that thing was!

"Back off, weird thing," he said, swiping a paw at the tentacle. He hit it but the creature reacted quickly, wrapping its boneless appendage around his paw. He let out a terrified yelp and yanked hard, but whatever it was wasn't budging.

"Help! Help, it got me!"

Vashtya

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:47 am
Hila blinked, completely surprised by Kafele's actions - and not sure how she felt about that. She was capable of protecting herself - but friends helped each other out too, right?

She didn't have long to be surprised, though, his cry for help putting her into motion. She dashed forward, digging her claws firmly into the writhing tentacle's flesh with a snarl. She had no idea what this thing was, but she was not a fan. It probably wouldn't even taste good - if she'd been inclined to eat something so odd-looking, that is.

"Let go!" She hissed, barely avoiding a second tentacle that flailed in her direction (clearly protesting her treatment of the first), raking her small claws down the length of the first tentacle a second time, flinching only slightly as the side of her paw brushed against one of the suckers that seemed to flex as if they had a mind of her own.

She was regretting ever spotting this cave...

SilverLutz
RL has been killing me Dx I am so sorryyyyyy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:19 pm
Now it was Kafele's turn to be saved as Hila jumped forward to claw at the tentacle. It tightened around Kafele's paw before starting to loosen its hold, curling away from him reluctantly. He backed away quickly once he was free, reaching out to snag Hila out of reach of the uninjured tentacle.

"Geez...what is that thing?" he asked, eyes wide in surprise. He'd never seen anything like it, that was for sure. He was about to add something to that question when a startled yell left him, echoing in the cave as six more tentacles emerged from the hole, followed by a weird, floppy head.

"Let's get outta here!" he said with a shout, turning quickly on the shells and darting back the way they'd come.

Vashtya

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:01 pm
Hila, for once, had no problem following someone else's lead. Chest heaving, as much from panic as actual exertion, she took another step back.

"No idea..."

Surely she could be forgiven if her voice was somewhat faint? Even as the words left her mouth, she almost fell in her rush to back up further as six more tentacles ventured in their direction. She didn't even take time to reply to his shouted words, opting instead to scramble after him as quickly as she could, her paws sliding slightly on the shells that had looked so pretty.

Getting outside, far enough from from the cave to feel somewhat silly, Hila flopped back onto her haunches with a small, uncomfortable laugh, before shooting an embarrassed look in Kafele's direction.

"Well, good thing I was there to save you," she said after a moment, when she was sure her voice was stable.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 pm
Once they were both back on dry land, Kafele finally relaxed. He glanced down at the shell still in his paw, glad that he had a great story to go with the trinket. He was sure his dad would enjoy the tale of the strange monster with eight legs!

"Ha...yeah, good thing," he said, reaching out to shove her playfully even though he wasn't jesting. It really was a good thing she had been there, otherwise he might have had to put up a fight with that thing and who knew how it would have gone? It had EIGHT LEGS! He only had four!

"Well. I think that's enough adventure for one day," he said once he felt his heart rate returning to a normal pace. "With the tide coming in it'll hide any treasure that are out here, anyway." They could return another day of course, but for now it was time to go back. Shifting, Kafele turned to head back up the cliffs, making sure he went slow enough for the shorter legs of Hila to keep up.

"Thanks," he added after a moment. "For helping. That was pretty scary." He might be an adolescent but that didn't mean he was big and strong just yet!

Vashtya

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:30 pm
Hila smirked, shoving him back. He'd only gotten tangled up with the creature because he'd been trying to help her to begin with...but if he wasn't going to dispute her version of events, all the better.

Looking out at the water, she wrinkled her nose, but nodded slowly. Today really had been an adventure, even if she hadn't found anything herself. Keeping apace with him easily, she did stumble when he...genuinely thanked her?!

Clearing her throat awkwardly, a niggling sense of honesty compelled her to reply in kind. "Yeah it was. We made a pretty good team though - you helped me, too."

Then, she smirked again "But if that's your way of admitting I'm the tougher one..." she trailed off, eyes bright.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:31 pm
Kafele grinned at the little female before she quickly turned her words of agreement to teasing, which got her a roar of defiance in turn.

"No way! I'm the one that got grappled by that thing and lived to tell the tale! I took the attack for you. I'm way tougher," he said, flicking his tail in her face before bounding up the rocks. 'C'mon! Last one to the top is a rotten vulture egg!"

And off he went, charging up the rocks, slipping here and there but intent on victory. It was a challenge carrying the shell but he made due, laughing and calling back to Hila all the while.

Vashtya
Last from me!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:01 pm
Hila continued to laugh at him....until his tail flicked in her face. With a playful growl, she snapped her teeth at the offending appendage, then darted up the rocks after him.

"If you needed a headstart, you should have said..." she called out, determined to beat him to the top, regardless.

FIN

SilverLutz
Annnd, last one from me, too! Thank you so much for the RP biggrin

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out