Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Why are people so against real person slash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RPS = good?
  Yes.
  No.
  Don't know/don't care/wtfred etc.
View Results

Tomqueen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:59 am
Because real boys are /real/ boys and they have feelings and will prob'ly take offense with being slashed, especially if they're straight. o__o

Or at least that's the case with me.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:02 pm
I don't have a problem with it and i've read and enjoyed a few real people fanfiction but there is no way that i will be writing it. I just don't like the thought of the real boys finding out about being paired up and getting offended especially if they are straight. However, if the desire to write a slash fic for a movie/tv show is ever strong enough, i just might write about it.  

Chifufuni

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:30 pm
Do you mean real-person slash as in people writing about celebrities boinking? No thanks. I certainly would be disturbed if someone wrote out their fantasies about ME and posted it for all the world to see. Not only is it disturbing, but it also points to a lack of respect to the person.

If you mean real-person slash as in non-anime with fictional characters, I like it very much, thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:39 pm
When it comes to some people I feel like I'm violating them and I get it in my head I wouldn't want them doing that to me. I've seen interviews with actors that find out about slashing and they're so embarassed and I end up feeling awkward myself. But there's more discomfort for me in TV shows. Movies and even the real actors I can read slashed sometimes and I'm fine and sometimes be more into it for a while than my usual anime pairings.

I was actually surprised how many people seem to be into real slash and not anime considering shounen-ai and yaoi are more relatable to anime.

Also I've heard a lot of people argue on fanfiction and art sites that slash is not shounen-ai or yaoi and should be seen as something completely different. Shounen-ai and yaoi being actual couples where slash are made up by fans. I don't fully agree with them being seperate because one actually occurs and the other fans want to occur.

LadySapphire

Your Favorite STD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:59 pm
Haha I have an idea..

*pulls all the gay/bi male members of the guild over and lines them up*

twisted

*puts up a sign pointing to the line that says "come pick your favorite pair"*

cool  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:07 pm
*shrugs shoulders* I liked gay guys before I even liked yaoi so I have no idea. I think it's just strange to like yaoi but not real life. Mabye they just.... never mind I have no idea. I guess you will have to ask someone who is like it.  

Chibi_Oni_chan

Your Favorite STD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:26 pm
I hate it when people go off about how RL yaoi stuff and regular anime yaoi stuff are 'so' different. It's not really.. like both situations it all depends on the relationship. I myself have been involved in one that could probably out do a lot of those angsty and passionate type animes or mangas. (And the reason I mention that, is because a lot of girls have told me the 'big' difference is that RL gay couples aren't very romantic, etc.) I am -very- romantic, I'm just also very reserved and don't care much for sharing my more personal side with the outside world. Granted the net is a little different.. heh.. Maybe it's because not all guys look as hot as anime guys. But then some do.. Hmm.. ignorance maybe.. dunno..

*shrugs* -_-;  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:57 pm
I think I like it. It's different though - real person slash is reality based.

Fictional/fanfictional slash is geared and tailored towards the needs and tastes of the people wanting to see it, rather than what it may or may not actually be like.

Anime character slash and real person slash have VERY different feels to them.  

Renee the Rabid Squirrel

Nimble Flatterer

10,900 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Super Tipsy 200

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:05 pm
I think that real life slash is cute. I like it, but I like anime slash way more. Some things are better when you can ignore some of the laws of physics. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:27 pm
First of all, if you say Real People Slash, people are going to think that you mean, actor slash and band slash. RPS is a genre in and of itself that involves real celebrities and such. For instance, LOTR RPS is very popular. There's lots of people out there who think Elijah Wood is sleeping with Dominic Monawhatsit (I can never spell his name ;_ wink Anyway, that's what RPS is.

Now, regular slash about television shows and movies, I enjoy it a lot. Before yaoi was ever really popular, there was lots of slash around. I have quite a few shows that I like reading slash stories from. Highlander, Star Wars: the Phantom Menace, and Star Trek: Voyager forever hold spots in my heart as some of my first slash fandoms ever ^_^  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Diglett Girl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:59 pm
I'm not big on the slash like LOTR and what not, mainly because I never really did like series like LOTR, Harry Potter, ect. I don't know why, considering how huge a fantasy fan I am, but it just never clicked. Hated the books, hated the movies. Hate it all and everyone hates me.

I have butt-loads of gay friends and they're just the funnest boys on the planet. Except Sou... All he does is sleep. >.> I just never liked celebrity--even minor celebrity like the Star Trek cast--slash. But, that's probably because I hate celebrities. I greatly support real gay people, and giggle over 'em just as much as I do anime BL. I just don't have a lot of it, because the American south-east is such a homophobic place.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:31 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

MageQueenHoshi

Sparkling Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:50 pm
I agree with a lot of the points each person has said. It IS heavily involved with the mind. I'm not against real life gay guys, they make awesome friends for us girls! They seriously do. But, it's not like I have the hots for real life guys that -are- gay. That's the point of anime and manga for me, they aren't real but it's something that we can lust after, and are in general hotter than guys I actually know. (And c'mon, anime/manga is in a totally different league so it's not fair to compare to real boys or girls) Plus, manga guys make me blush from cuteness 24/7. Especially CLAMP. *obsessed*

I don't want to read about real people going at it. Regardless of gender and sexuality. I just don't. Like I don't read about girl/girl, real or fake. The idea is that usually yaoi stuff (that I read anyways) is guys that aren't normally in guy relationships. And hey, I honestly think girls perfer guys with other guys because you can't really be jealous.. but we get easily more jealous over girls with a guy we want.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:51 pm
I don't like the celebrities boinking brand of RPS. I don't like any fanfiction about celebrities. I don't read or write any kidn of RPF.

I think the OP was refering to "real people" as opposed to anime people. Because I prefer that the anime boys. My OTP is Angel/Spike. I like anime and manga, but most of my fandoms are flesh-and-blood type people.

Plus, a lot of anime yaoi kind of annoys me. There are too many girl-with-d**k characters. Not all of it is like that, but enough that it kind of gets on my nerves.  

lynx wings

phobia2001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:35 pm
real>live action>animated.

The real-er the love, the hotter <3  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items