Submit

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:18 pm
Polair held her breath when she felt his hand holding hers. How Engrav squeezed showing his concern for what had happened. The seadweller couldn't understand why he was reacting that way as it just didn't matter-- she didn't matter. "Engrav..." Polair only managed to say in utter bewilderment. Her heart beated faster, her breath picked up the pace. Why? Why was her body reacting to his reactions? Stay calm, that was the wisest thing to do.

The grip slowly got tighter and tighter, making her snap out of her trance and only catching that last part of the yellowblood's mumble. No, that ire wasn't healthy. It didn't promised anything, nor fixed her problems. "Engrav, stop." Polair said, getting a hold of his face with her free hand so he'd face her. The highblood's expression softened, trying to figure out why was he reacting so badly about it. "Please..."

"I've thought of that... many times. How it would be in my right to take their eyes from them... Cull them even." She said softly. "But... That rage, isn't worth it. It corrupts you, it makes you unproductive, I can assure you."

"I don't want to reduce yourself to that... Nor I want to invade your thoughts with the reason why I went blind. It's insignificant and... It's been so long." She sighed, resting her hand on his shoulder. "I've been dealing with it okay? There's no need to dwell on it. Look around, I can assure you... I'll be alright."

"So please. Pay no mind to it." She tried to smile but failed. It faltered as she thought slightly on it. Was she ever moving on?

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:14 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

"No, it's not-" Engrav saw the smile on Polair's face fail, felt that hand rest gently on his shoulder. Polair was trying to calm him down. He could tell, academically, that he'd lost control of himself, but that burning in the pit of his gut refused to go away. It sputtered there like an ember, splashing bile against the walls of his acid tract. Did she not understand? Did she not CARE? Nothing about this was insignificant! He hated the not just the violence that had caused this, but the indifference to it. That was the true crime that had been committed. Not that horror had been visited had been done to those who hadn't deserved it, but that it had been... inefficient. The perpetrators had been sloppy and careless and cruel, and left behind wreckage like Engrav in their wake. Like Polair. It was the casualties that enraged him.

And Polair thought there wasn't any need to dwell on it?

Engrav wanted to break something.

He came to himself practically shaking with rage. "It's not fair." The yellowblood spat out, wondering how he could make her understand. "It's not about being productive. Not for me. It's about... it's about how we never had a say in what happened to us. What kind of world is that?" He looked at the purpleblood, even though he knew she couldn't see him. Maybe she could feel his gaze. He just wanted... He wanted someone to know. Engrav wanted someone to understand that the pain he had felt wasn't alright. That it had been DONE to them.

"How can you see a world that works like that and not want to change it?" the yellowblood asked, tone pleading. He was just a lowblood. What could he really do, when it came down to it?

ImaginationsParadise

Buzzwulf

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:08 pm
"Who ever said the world was fair, where is that written?" She spat back, trying to control her impulses. "If we keep telling that life is unfair but do nothing serious about it, then life will forever continue to remain unfair!" Polair tried to keep her voice down, but how could she? Engrav's way of thinking clashed directly with hers. The highblood brushed her hair, calming herself down bit by bit. "You want a glimpse of my view of the world? Then fine, I'll give it to you."

"Life does appear to be unfair at times, Engrav."
She said softly. "We are overwhelmed by our and everyone's problems and get into sadness mode. Take a hard look at what you are confronted with, try to analyze it and see what life wants you to see. That's how I try to see it. Maybe you need to make changes and you will surely see a way out. Life has thrown a challenge at you -at us-; it hasn’t knocked you out and it still hasn't knocked me out yet..." Polair had slowly began to realize her own mistakes, how she had visualized the problem all these sweeps. Try out a new attitude. She... he was starting to make her see that clearer now. How to deal with... "Why should you declare that you’re down and out?" She asked him, he had to see her point of view on the matter and she wasn't going down without a fight.

“Rather than being incensed by the nature of the bruise, try to be inspired by the possibilities in the bruise. While there’s life there’s hope and where there is hope there is always a way out. You want to have a say in the matter? Then do it, make yourself heard. Do something that will scream out what you believe in." She wasn't passive about what happened, Polair only ignored the fact that she was there, she wanted such memories to be lost to time. It was impossible for her though. The explosion could never be forgotten. "Just stop complaining. Who is stopping you from letting your ideas fly away? What is keeping you down? Or would you rather not answer my questions?"

Polair took a step forward, hands on her hips, feeling like the whole discussion had fired her up. "Does my sassiness upset you? Why are you beset with gloom? Did you want to see me broken, bowed head and lowered eyes? Shoulders falling down like teardrops; weakened by my cries." She cocked her head to the side. "Does my haughtiness offend you? Don’t you take it awful hard, I talk like I haven't spent sleepless days feeling sorry for myself. And I'm starting to get tired of it."

"As of now, I decided that out of the huts of my shame, I'll rise. Up from a past that’s rooted in pain, I'll rise. Become an ocean of opportunities that will leave behind nights of terror and fear... I will rise." She said with more and more confidence in herself. This feeling, whatever it was... She missed it. It has been quite a while since she last felt it. "The question is, will you rise? Even when those whom think your blood hue is as useless and perhaps the space you occupy, may trod you in the very dirt? Will you, like dust, rise?"

"Will you rise Engrav?" She insisted, sounding as powerful as those of her hue.

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:21 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

Engrav watched, eye glittering, as the seadweller found her fire. He could feel a grin overtaking his face, slipping up the corners of his mouth into his cheeks. Was he upset? Frustrated? Quite the opposite.

He'd never seen Polair so animated, full of moxie. It was intoxicating, watching her as she found her backbone and stood straighter and straighter, as she began to berate him. Engrav had been dwelling on it, trying to show her that if you had to pick between the two, he'd rather be angry than sad any day. Anger was good. He could pack that little kernel of rage into the hollow of his chest and bring it out when he needed it. He didn't like it, but it was useful.

Being despondent was deadly. It locked you in a quagmire until you sank and drowned. Anger was good. Anger got stuff done.

"You're right." Engrav said, grinning at the outburst. He'd lost control of himself, shared too much with the seadweller, only to find out that at the core of her, she felt like he did. "I'm tired of seeing trolls I care about get hurt. I have been for a while." The inventor had come here maybe hoping that Polair would unintentionally talk him out of his plans, not reinforce them. But now... Now it felt like he had a co-conspirator. "I'm not offended. I'm not upset. In my opinion, it's far past time trolls got off their spinal crevasses and did something to shake it up."

"That was my reason for coming. I told you already that I'm trying to start a business. I'd like you to join me." He knew that it was a risk, asking the highblood into the tight circle, but... "Frankly, I need your voice. I started the group as an attempt to get trolls together who are frustrated with the way the world is." He took her hand, softly, pressed his fingers into her palm. the closeness of it, the intimacy, took his breath away. "I'm done complaining, and I'm done being hurt." The inventor looked her right in the eyes, eyes that burned with intent if not with sight.

"So yes, Polair. I'll rise. I don't think I could stop myself."

The yellowblood paused, looking at the seadweller. the determination there. His chest felt light like it was packed with feathers.

"Will you join me? Rise with me? Choose to show Alternia our own vision of the future?"

ImaginationsParadise

Buzzwulf

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:30 pm
Polair was surprised, truly surprised by Engrav. Perhaps sweeps back she would have been capable of predicting his reactions with more than enough analytical data, but now she thought that he was an enigma. And she liked it. Figuring him out seemed like something unfeasible, she knew it could be probable. For now, however, Polair was shocked. He wasn't mad nor uncomfortable... Why? Did he have other intentions? Was this all a well thought plan?

"I know I'm right." She said with a small smirk still regaining her breathing after her long counterargument. So that explained why he wished to know what had happened to her, that was why he accepted the invitation, it all started to make sense. Trying to see if she had what it took to help him out, if she was capable and fit for such thing. Polair listened to Engrav, processing his words as ever. This was truly an interesting project he was shaping up and she wanted to learn more of it.

The highblood brushed her hair to the side, lidded eyes unsure where to look. She could feel him gazing at her, and she honestly didn't know what to do with her hands or where to look. God she couldn't even look. Slowly her face started to heat up as the other pressed his fingers on her palm. She held her breath, knowing well that such reaction needed to be stopped somehow. Why did she thought it felt nice? She had to abort such dumb physical response somehow. Tonight she let it linger though, she just let the feeling linger for the time of being. Pressing her lips together, she considered his proposal. Rise with him... Sounded like something she'd try out. It definitely seemed something of her alley.

"It all seems interesting. The project itself has a lot of potential and, in your hands, I'm sure it will a success." She smiled. "I'd love to hear more details on the project before I can give you a definite answer." She placed her free hand on his shoulder, patting it, before lowering her hand to his arm an later backing it away in the most robotical fashion. "I want to be able to help, and, I honestly wouldn't want to sign up for something I can't collaborate. You want my voice? Show me that I will be spending my time wisely and productively, with you." She flashed another smile, waiting to hear his answer.

Buzzwulf
nearing to the end! Probs they walk walk away and continue the tour off camera ouo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:41 pm
User Image
Engrav Setlar

"I'd be happy to. I have a few projects I'd love to show you sometime." Engrav had hoped that Polair would have talked him out of his more dangerous plans. Told him that it was best to wait and bide his time, make sure that the waters were safe before he jumped in. Now he felt exactly the opposite. Polair had convinced him that if he wanted to make a difference, he'd better get off his spinal crevasse and get to work.

Even if she didn't quite know yet how far his ambitions stretched.

Engrav loved sharing these ideas with trolls that knew what he was talking about. It was exhilarating, the back and forth that let him really work on his concepts, drag them through opposing arguments and fix any cracks in their armor. The inventor nodded, mostly to himself. "Count on it. Meanwhile, we should probably finish the tour?"

The two of them continued around the facility, Engrav barely able to focus with his thinkpan so aswirl with possibilities. Would Polair join him? Could he be clever enough, tricky enough, to make this work? What... did Polair think of him? When could he see her again?

Engrav didn't know, but he was looking forward to finding out.

ImaginationsParadise
I'm so baaaaad at finishing posts

Buzzwulf

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out