Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Day 4
Site: Beta 2C
Word count: 316

Poe spent a lot of time working hard. He could supervise his fellow rebel children, but they were able to work on their own and keep out of trouble well enough. He'd have to talk to Cyn a bit more, though he'd tried to explain what sort of things were good. If you could build or make it easier to build with the items, Byakko would want it. Materials, information, whatever. He wasn't sure how to explain exactly but...

He set down a box, stacking it on another box. They had shipping labels on them, and he remembered how to scratch out the information to reroute the boxes somewhere else. When no one was looking, he smudged the labels, rewriting the info. Send the boxes somewhere else. Somewhere a rebel operative could pick it up, maybe. If he managed to contact someone about where he sent it. That would be really helpful.

He looked over at Alpha Wulf, talking to Wander. She looked... well, maybe like she needed him? He patted the box idly, listening to the soft thud of his metal hand on the packing material. "I"m doing good Pennie, but..." He paused. "There sure is a lot to do, aha. Wow. We got done so fast with that other site, you know? And I was thinking... maybe a break, to talk, is okay also."

He leaned against the boxes, and crossed his arms. He watched the blueblood, and let his eyes glance over at the other kids. He sorta felt like maybe he was the only teenager around for miles. Most of the adults were busy, and... so many actually went to space.

"I can go get us some drinks," he offered, lowering his arms and slipping inside one of the supply tents to grab some water bottles for Tsarzi and Wander. He approached the two girls and handed them each a drink.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm
Day 4
Site: Beta 2C
Word count: 397

As Tsarzi waited for Wander's answer, she cut her gaze to the approaching teen. He was also with Wander's group when they'd first met up, though she was not introduced to him or the third kid of their group. She had seen the teen before, he was with Wander when Tsarzi saw her during Superstar authority. Technically names were not necessary for cooperation like this. They were just trolls on the same job who were working together. You didn't need names, personal lives, anything else. They were here to accomplish a task, to work. The only personal information that was pertinent were things that would hinder abilities or conditions that needed taken into account. A name of some sort of was useful when you needed to address them though. More direct and succinct than geenblood teenager.

Tsarzi was agreeable with the teen up until a break was suggested. Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly as he walked away to retrieve said refreshments. Didn't he just point out what good progress they were making? It would be better to keep going. Tsarzi herself wasn't tired and wasn't inclined to stop right now. There was plenty more to do and she was plenty capable of doing it.

"A break would be better spent stretching than talking," Tsarzi said, taking the proffered water bottle. The thought to keep hydrated was not a bad one, even if she disapproved of his other silly notion. "I'll take a break when I need one."

Tsarzi uncapped the water and took a few deep draws while still blandly eyeing the teen. She recognized belatedly that it was for the best she had taken the water. She'd been a bit too absorbed in her work to notice the slow parching of her throat. It was taken care of now though, so it was a non issue. Still, she blew a small sigh through her nose at herself. Her awareness needed to not just be her surroundings but herself too. She made a note of the mistake and shuffled it away for later.

"What's your name," She asked, deciding this was information she'd like to have before returning to her tasks. She was still waiting on if Wander needed help. Tsarzi glanced towards where the last of their group was doing something with the boxes. Then stared. That didn't look like work. "And that one's name."

Taki-di

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:52 pm
Tsarzi made a face at him, and Poe looked at her, confused. "Breaks are good. You can hurt yourself if you don't take them and push yourself too far." Why was she fighting him about taking a break? Hadn't they worked really hard? Didn't they deserve to just talk and relax for a moment?

At asking his name, Poe clenched his hand. He didn't have a fake name, but the cover they'd given was avoiding nicknames... "I'm Poe. Poeias, I mean, but. No one calls me that, because everyone calls me Poe," he said, and looked back at Cynril. "That's Isthai. Sorry we didn't introduce ourselves the other day but it, I thought that maybe it didn't matter, so much."

He crossed his arms again, and looked away. "Look, we did a lot tonight. I think maybe this site doesn't even need us anymore, so, we could probably prepare to move to another one. For tomorrow."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:40 pm
Day 6
Site: Gamma 3B
Word count: 414

As the group continued on, Wander couldn't help but wonder if there might be some friction developing. Tsarzi was straight-forward, task-oriented, and...well. Different from most trolls Wander associated with. The fact grew clearer and clearer the more everyone worked. The blueblood was admirably self-determined and independent, but. Hm. Coming from a social group, she started to notice something. Did...Tsarzi really know how to deal with people? She wasn't mean, but. Something felt amiss when she had seen Tsarzi talk with Poe. As in, it didn't seem to be a good talk. Like they couldn't get on the same page. They disagreed, but. Something beneath that. Wander didn't know how to put it into words.

All she could do was hope there wouldn't be a whole lot of clashing; it wasn't Tsarzi's fault that she was the way she was, and she could probably be told (if Wander got the nerve, ugh) if she upset someone. Weird to consider that it was possible that might happen. But maybe being exposed to blunt trolls would be good for all of them? In general?

Wander herself didn't dislike being around Tsarzi, but once the thought entered her mind that it was possible others might dislike it. Well. It didn't leave.

She just held onto Poe's hand and watched out the transport window. If anyone had an issue, they could take care of it. Anyway, part of her was getting a little tired of feeling bad all the time. There was good stuff going on, and she didn't get to do these things so often! Being around a bunch of her friends for so long! Wow... Maybe she could try to focus on that instead?

As they approached the new site, she said, "Th-thanks f-for k-keeping an eye on, u-oh, Isthai. A-and talking to my f-friend sometimes. And t-t-taking m-me to visit her in th-the city! Th-that was r-real n-nice. And b-being here, t-too. Wow, th-the s-site looks p-pretty empty. I-I hope we g-get to camp. I-I wanna...I w-wanna sh-share a tent with F-Froggy, I think. And th-then t-tomorrow night m-maybe with I...Isthai! Th-then I-I-I can f-finally practice magic tricks again w-without worrying if someone's watching..." She smiled up at Poe a little.

Wander hopped out once the transport stopped, still holding Poe's hand. "W-we d-didn't l-lose anyone o-on the way, right?" It was a silly question, meant to be silly. "Tsarzi, w-would you l-like to u-unpack things w-with me? I-I-I promise I-I'm getting f-faster at it..."

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Day 6
Word count: 312

He was... finding it hard. Dealing with Tsarzi. He didn't mean to not like her, not really. She was Wander's friend! He didn't want to fight with her. And it didn't even feel like he didn't like her, but more like he felt a bit on edge around her. Like she didn't like him, maybe?Maybe it was just because he was so used to being with his group, with the rebel children and their closeknit community he had so much trouble with an outsider. He wasn't really sure what that feeling was, but he decided it didn't matter. They had a job to do, and as long as she didn't interfere he wouldn't say anything.

"Oh, that's, it was no problem. I'm glad to help, you know.And she was really fun to see! I liked all of the people we saw together..." Poe looked out the window and smiled. "And I can't wait to see your magic tricks too," he added, beaming. Her practicing would make her even better!

He kept holding onto Wander's hand, fiddling with his jacket zipper idly with his other hand. "No one got lost." He squeezed her hand, frowning. Poe coughed, and lowered his voice to speak to Wander again, secretly. "How have you been doing, uh, you know. Getting stuff? Um. Wanna help me with something tonight?"

He had a plan, but he needed another body. Someone to distract people, help him move and take down coordinates, do some other work. Taking some more material, as he was getting pretty good at thinking about ways to do it, without getting caught. And if Wander couldn't help, maybe Sonnie or Cynril could but... Wander was special to him, wasn't she? He wanted her help. "I think you might be really good at this, since you're so good at magic tricks, and all. Sleight of hand!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:05 pm
Day 6
Word count: 364

Tsarzi had nodded at the introductions, then carried on about her work when the now names Poeias took over assisting Wander. She was not inclined to let someone else decide when she took her breaks and so she didn’t. Simple as that.

Tsarzi was at ease in her rhythm and carried on working with the same determination and focus she afforded the Lightseekers Settlement. She worked mostly in silence nearby the group, offering assistance when one was visibly struggling or asked after it, but otherwise kept to herself nearby. This was comfortable and, at this point, familiar given her usual routine.

As they moved to a new worksite, she was already planning out what her next projects might be. The more different kinds of work she could partake in, the more experience under her belt. The more ideas for research and what skills would be useful in expanding upon it gave her. She took note that this group, while they worked well together, was much more laid back than she was. Which, some trolls needed more down time, might not have the same discipline, might get stressed more easily, tired more quickly. It was their business. and while the occassional sit downs and chatter might rub her as wasting time, she understood the need for it, especially with a group like them/ They were all close friends and up keeping those relationships meant putting time into them, though she herself would rather be putting efforts into more productive ventures.

So long as they did not trap her into their pace, she was fine to let them keep theirs with little commentary. They still got stuff done, they were still trying and putting forth an effort.

Tsarzi stretched after disembarking from the transport, cracking her neck and spine as she did.

"That's fine. After we're done, I'm going to scout out the area and get an idea of what needs done first," Tsarzi informed Wander as she straightened back up. Now Poeias was talking to Wander in a lowered voice and Tsarzi found herself eying them intently, trying to pick out words from the murmur. What was it he didn't want to say out loud?

Taki-di

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:47 pm
Day 6
Word count: 17

Poeias and Wander were talking low. They were having secret talks. Probably top secret rebel secret stuff. Sonnie could tell, but he didn't want to intervene. What if it wasn't about rebel stuff at all? Maybe they were planning a surprise party? That would be embarrassing.

Still, it was probably best if he distracted Tsarzi. The blueblood still scared him, but maybe all she needed was a good laugh? He wanted to get in her good graces, though he couldn't really figure out why. He glanced at his two friends, and back at the blueblood. It was hard balancing the two sides, trying to make everyone happy. He genuinely didn't know how, but he would never not try his best.

A puppet would solve the problem. At least, that's what always worked in the swamp. The sock friend popped up in the middle of the group, talking with a ridiculous falsetto. "Anyone need a hand?" The puppet shook with its mouth agape, as if waiting for the horrible pun to land.

"Seriously," the puppet admitted, falling a little low. "I'm pretty good at picking stuff up and putting it down, if you know what I mean." It leaned towards Tsarzi. "I think you know what I mean," It said. If only buttons could wink.

It was apparent that Sonnie had been practicing his ventriloquism. His lips hardly twitched with the words, and while he wouldn't admit it, it was something he was partly proud of. His lusus liked it, at least.

He watched the group with very nervous eyes. Even the eyes of Poe and Wander, who liked his puppets, made his skin feel like it was catching fire. He made a weak laugh, looking between the three for some kind of gratification. And Tsarzi, oh gog, what was he thinking? Acting like that around a stranger? He felt like he was going to throw up.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:03 pm
Day 6
Word count: 414 +144

Wander blinked back at Poe. But she nodded. "C-can we do it later? I just a-asked Tsarzi to do something with me... B-but after, I-I can do it..." And if he needed to do it right now he could ask someone else. Wander wouldn't take it personally. She just...needed to be able to handle all the stuff going on.

It didn't help that Tsarzi was staring at them while they talked. Wander felt that sinking sensation again.

Then something popped into view.

"Oh!" She jumped a little. "Ahhh..." A puppet! Sonnie...!

Wander, for one, giggled softly and took her hand back to clap a little. "Awww," she said after a sobering moment, "b-but you have t-to pick things up w-with your mouth...th-that has to t-taste icky."

The orangeblood patted the puppet's head and looked at Tsarzi. "Froggy u-uses puppets s-sometimes...t-t-to h-help with m...morale!"

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Taki-di

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:59 pm
Day 7
Word count: 436

Tsarzi's attention snapped around at the disruption and was met with one of the most absurd things she'd ever seen in her life.

Froggy was wearing a sock on his hand with an imitation of a mouth and eyes attached to it and was flapping it open and closed as it talked. What. Wait, wait, he was talking for it. She thought so at least? As she glanced between Froggy and the thing on his hand, she noticed small movements to his lips, but far more subtle than it should be. Was that him doing that?

She tensed when the sock covered appendage moved towards her, flat expression unchanging as she took a half step away. She did not know that Froggy and his arm sock meant, which was not something she was particularly fond of. Just because she wanted to know what he was doing did not mean she wanted to take part. Was this something that normally happened, was this a cause for concern or just some inane frivolity.

Tsarzi watched as Wander went on to interact with Froggy's arm, completely treating this as a normal matter. A puppet. Something someone else controlled, a caricature of something often used for entertainment. She knew what it was but she'd not had reason to see many. The value trolls seemed to place on entertainment was often lost on her and she saw no reason to go seeking more on the subject when she had more productive ventures to look into. Dealing with this bunch though, morale was very important to them. It was, different. Seeing and dealing with trolls that sought that kind of mental stimulus first hand, who needed more to keep them going than their own force of will. She worked with a lot of volunteers at Lightseekers, but these trolls, these were a group that were together, not an eclectic collection of random trolls. She found herself less inclined to write their idling and conversation off as purely a waste, more attentively noting how it kept them working well when they were going at it.

So, morale booster it was. Even if it made no sense how that worked.

With the questions of what and why addressed, it also confirmed that Froggy had in fact been speaking for the puppet. The voice was off putting for Tsarzi but the skill itself caught her full attention.

"I see. That was you speaking then. What's that called, how did you do that," She asked, cocking her head slightly and observing Froggy. Being able to speak but have the noise sound like it was somewhere else. That was interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:18 pm
Day 7
Word count: 153

"Oh I love the taste, lil lady. Nothing like a little rust to whet the appetite." The puppet wiggled its face like it was chewing. Sonnie couldn't help but laugh, himself. This was much more fun

The puppet turned its attention to Tsarzi again. "Hmm?" It seemed curious at the blueblood's question. Sonnie did not react to Tsarzi's question. The puppet answered for him.

"Well first I open my mouth reeeeeal wide, like this," It opened its mouth comically wide. "Ahhhhh," it said. "Then- this is the crazy part- I use a complex variety of organs to produce the sounds that make up the Alternian language!" It laughed to itself, wiggling from side to side.

"If you ask nice, I can sing too," The puppet cleared its throat. It sang a couple of bars, then bowed for its audience. Glancing again at Tsarzi, Sonnie smiled. A blush was apparent on his face.  

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 pm
Day 7
Word count: 397

Cynril couldn't quite stop thinking about Poeias's explanation. If he wanted to get things for Byakko and make her happy, then it had to be useful and able to let them build things. How the heck was he supposed to do that? How? Cynril had done the best he could to gather materials. From loose parts to boxes to actual materials... He was doing very well to be honest, even if he didn't really believe it. Nights had passed and the mutantblooded child had done whatever he could to help out, but it wasn't weird to find him lazying about from time to time. All of this did overwhelm him after all.

No matter. They had moved to a new site in hopes to get more materias, without that blueblood noticing. Tsarzi wasn't it? That's what Wander called her anyways. Cynril found her-- terrifying. Yeah, that was a good way to say it. He had seen her during Superstar Authority and vaguely remembered her skimming act. If she could do that with a beast he could imagine what she could do to him, and the very idea made his skin crawl and his tummy turn. But this was a friend of Wander's and... He didn't want to make her sad if he told her he was very scared. He tried not to think about it much, after all he had a lot of things to do! But first... a break.

The child had watch the rest of the group talk while he had captured himself, accidentally, inside a box. Sure it was upside down, the flaps were even touching the ground and were unfolded and even had two eye holesfor him to see the way he was going. But it was a nice idea to think he was trapped to avoid more work. It was hard, didn't anyone understand that? How did the blueblooded troll even managed to--

Hold that thought.

The child's eyes widened as Sonnie was doing a ventriloquist act. He wasn't really paying attention to the conversation but the puppet, it captured his interest. How many puppet acts had he seen before? Some, actually. He had even gotten the chance to snatch a few with his dead morail. They were just so... chewable! So Cynril scooted closer and closer, trying to appear as if he was in hiding before trying to get that puppet!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 pm
Day 7
Word count: 153 + 149 = 302

Sonnie was having a good time, in his own weird way. Tsarzi wasn't into the whole puppet idea as much as he hoped, but he was making progress. He was making friends! A fluttering feeling stirred in his bilesack. Things were going to be alright.

By the time Sonnie noticed Cynril, it was too late. The greyblood's teeth sunk into his hand, and Sonnie was filled with an unbelievable panic. He screamed, though it was strangely soft spoken. The puppet slipped off, and Sonnie nursed his bitten hand, looking at Cynril with wide eyes. The greenblood was bleeding, but that was not something he cared about in the moment.

"You- you can't take him!" Sonnie's face was bright green, his eyes welling up with tears. His hands balled into tiny fists at his side. "G-give him back!" He said, holding a hand out to Cynril. Sonnie shook with emotion.  

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:43 am
Day 8
Word count: 304

Poe nodded affirmatively to Wander. Of course. She could help him after she was done. He didn't need her instantly! Just... eventually. She already asked Tsarzi, and it'd be suspicious if she ran off with him so suddenly.

When Sonnie started up his little show, Poe grinned widely, laughing. "Froggy! Wow! Good job!" he cheered, watching closely as his small greenblood friend manipulated his hand to make the puppet say silly things. How funny. He loved how talented his friends were, how fun they were. He couldn't do anything like that but make puns! Poe's hands went flapping and he restrained himself, settling for some clapping. He was delighted.

And then...

Oh no.

A box approached, and then it wasn't a box anymore. And Cynril bit Sonnie, pulling the puppet off of his hand. "Oh!" Poe reacted quickly, stepping in between the two boys. "S-F-uh, shoot. Are you okay?" He reached to hold onto the greenblood's wrist, looking at the blood welling up. It wasn't too bad but it had to hurt... He glanced at his face, green and filling with tears. He turned to look at Cynril.

"C-Isthai. Why did you do that?" he asked, voice firm. Not angry, but more confused. They were friends, he thought. Poe thought they all were friends, and he knew Cynril could do some strange things but he never expected this. Was he just trying to chew on the puppet? Poe wrung his hands close to his chest, clenching them and running them over each other. Sonnie was definitely upset, and Cyn... would he be upset too if he told him to give the puppet back and took away another thing from him?

"It... it wasn't very nice, wow. You, you can't take things from your friends that way..." he said quietly to Cynril.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:02 am
Day 8
Word count: 569

Tsarzi stared Froggy in the eye as the puppet act kept up. Morale boosting was fine, but for it to stand in the way of her getting answers was rather unpleasant. She glanced at the sock covered arm as Froggy made it explain how a troll would speak. How Froggy himself was speaking, sans the opening his mouth part. Not the answer she was looking for though, she knew how trolls spoke, she wanted to know how he was throwing the noise though. She Was she unclear in her inquiry or was he being obtuse? Tsarzi shifted slightly and folder her arms, looking back Froggy. It's a shame. Earlier he was trying to exchange information with her about construction but now he would not share about this. She could figure it out on her own if this was the case.

He could sing like that too?

Tsarzi was very clearly and staunchly not interacting with the puppet. Their absurd jokes and games were fine for them but she had no desire to be a part of whatever this was. All she wanted were answers to sate her curiosity and if Froggy did not want to share with her on this fascinating skill, then she'd find out more on her own.

Before she could question him again, perhaps more clearly this time, a box trundled up to them. What.

Impassively, she stared down the box. That was one of the shipping boxes, put together and ready to be loaded up, or at least it was. Now it had two holes cut in it so that whoever was goofing around in there could see. Tsarzi's eyebrows furrowed. Was that Isthai playing another strange game with them or some random kid trying to get in on it? Either way, break or not, trying to destress or not, they had damaged the supplies they were working with.

Within a few short seconds, a few different things had happened and whatever "morale boosting" Froggy had been doing had been thoroughly ruined. He was obviously deeply upset over the theft of his puppet, demanding it back and even bleeding from where it had been snatched away with teeth. Tsarzi may not have been quite as inclined to the nervous boy after having her curiosity blocked by whatever shenanigans he was doing with the puppet, but that was no excuse for this.

Poeias went to attend to the wound at least, which would likely need disinfecting. There were two demands for the puppet's return, but no motions to take it back. After that display, Tsarzi was hardly inclined to deal with more waffling around or to trust Isthai to return it. He had snatched it away with his mouth, like a barkbeast might, and still holding it here. If he was going to act like a dog, then perhaps being treated like one would solve this. It was no less than he deserved after that at least.

Tsarzi strode up to the other child, staring him down. She took a light hold of part of the puppet and brought her other hand up to his face. It wouldn't do for it to get ripped because she held on to tight if this doesn't work.

"Let go," She said, just before moving to flick him sharply on the nose. It would sting for a second, but would dissipate quickly and was hardly anything compared to a bite.

Taki-di

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 am
Day 8
Word count: 319

For a moment, everyone seemed to be getting along a little bit. Maybe only momentarily, since Tsarzi was very focused and would eventually want to get to work. But no ill will. Wander was hoping after the little puppet episode, the group would be in good spirits. Maybe Sonnie could even sing some more!

Instead, though, well.

In hindsight, she probably should have been keeping a better eye on their very quiet party member. Wander had barely gotten to chat with him during all this, and at least keeping actively vigilant might have helped later. But, it was too late now.

Instead... Somehow, some way, it all just fell apart. Or, well... Maybe not somehow. Cynril. It was Cynril, very obviously. But it was hard to accept. Wander watched the goings-on, a little paralyzed. Everyone was basically swarming Cynril. They didn't know... They didn't know he was a mutant, that he couldn't be raised properly. That he had a hard time acting like he should sometimes. But Poe was taking care of it. And- Tsarzi, too. Even though she didn't even know him...and was being a little more rough about it than Wander would like, but. The situation was tense for everyone.

Wander knew she didn't have to add to Cynril's stress right now; enough people were telling him to stand down. She could talk to him after, maybe...

In the meantime, she looked down. Something seemed to be dripping. A familiar green. Oh. Sonnie-

"F-Froggy... You're b-b-bleeding! Sh-should I-I-I g-get a b-bandaid or s-something...?" But he was paying attention to his puppet. Very upset about it. And anger could lead to... Oh, no! But Sonnie would never hit someone. Would he?

She put a hand on him anyway. "P-Poe...ias w-will get y-your p-puppet back. Tsarzi's h-helping. L...let's t-take c-care of your bite, okay?" Cynril bit him! Wander tried not to get upset, but it was really, really hard.

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff