Welcome to Gaia! ::

ρєтαℓѕ σи тнє ∂яєαяу (Closed / Might be revamped)

Back to Guilds

Can you find what you're looking for and can you live with the consequences? 

Tags: Love, Romance, Heartbreak, Curse, Battle 

Reply City of Obyvatelé
Wrie's Furniture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
What a stressful afternoon it has been...

To think the day was going to go by smoothly, only for it to turn into chaos and horror in the end. From the moment he set foot into that warehouse, it was like walking into a barn with all the chickens heads cut off. People were running around--this way and that, confused, angry and otherwise unorganized due to the sudden appearance of these newcomers come to help due to that woman's persistence. What she did not realize, was that they had a system, and intervening with that system only caused headaches where headaches were not necessary.

The workers--the lot of them, were deeply put off, and highly annoyed. It took some time for Lucius to get the group together and organized for the proper orders--including the ones he had brought that were put on rush order for the day. All in all, it did not goes as bad as he would have thought... but then the phone calls came in--some of the drivers having gotten lost, or the the wrong order was delivered to the wrong house. It was a mess, but there was one phone call that really made it rough all the way around.

One of the chairs put on delivery had broke during transport into the customers home, and so that needed to be remedied, and rather quickly. He had no choice but to refund the delivery charge, and rushed a new chair to the customer--which they were quite happy about. Unfortunately that meant a lot of orders were late on delivery, which dissatisfied some of the customers, but he managed to sway them by a ten percent discount on their current orders, and refunding them that ten percent of their bill.

The boss man might be a bit miffed by the number of discounts he had to give out, but what's done is done, and there was no other way to satisfy the amount of unhappy customers they had. If he did not do anything, it would be bad for the business, and they did not need a bad name for Wrie's Furniture going around town. That was something that was far from needed...

With a sigh, and running his hand through his hair, he pushed open the doors to Wrie's Furniture and entered the facility. He could see a few customers here and there--his employees helping those who needed it before he made his retreat back towards his office. He had some papers he needed to fill out before the day's end, but as he rounded the corner, fully expecting to get on with his work, he spotted her... the woman from this morning--Anna was her name as she appeared to be looking over some furniture items.

Well... it looked like he wouldn't be out until late in the evening. Taking a deep breath, he approached Anna with a smile and stopped short just behind her. "Ms. Asker..." he greeted her. "You're back again. I did not expect I would see you so soon. Is there something I can help you with?"

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:16 pm
User Image
Anna Askr
Merchant Extraordinaire; Spa Owner

"First of all." She reaches into her pocket, and when she removes it, she tosses him a few gold coins. "Compensation for the issues my people caused. You have to understand, I was really trying to help. That should more than offset the money which you lost today. And don't worry, it's not cutting into my profits either." She chuckles."And don't think about giving them back. I have plenty more where that came from, and can get hold of infinitely more."

"Now that that business is settled, there is indeed something you can help me with. Come." She takes his arm and brings him over to a few massage chairs, one of which she points at. "That. I would like to purchase that chair, and I'll need your help to bring it to my spa. You wouldn't make a poor woman carry this out to the car and unload it, would you? Well...maybe not poor...anyway, you'll be fairly compensated for your troubles. Plenty more gold coins where those came from!" She waits for him to start helping her with the table. "And...maybe I can treat you to dinner tonight? Don't know why, but you just make me feel generous..."

Akinai

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:44 am
User ImageUser Image
Listening to this woman ramble, Lucius could not help but stare at her. One moment she was so business driven and then the next she was something akin to generosity, or to be more accurate, bribery. He did not understand her. In fact, she confused him on a number of certain levels. How she managed to do this in such a short time and from the moment she set foot into his office that morning to seeing her several hours later at the present, he would never know. What he did know was how eager she was to get him to help her with this spa chair she suddenly had an interest in. Being the Spa owner, he would expect this, but she seemed very determined, especially considering her offer to buy him dinner...

"So, you would like to purchase this item now, Ms. Asker?" he had asked, just to be sure. "And you want it delivered to your Spa today? Well, I can certainly help you with that." He reached into his pocket and removed his phone."I will call for one of our delivery drivers to haul it over immediately. Would that suffice?" He maintained his smile before gesturing her towards the register at the other end of the room. "Please, come this way and we will get you taken care of."

Allowing her to lead the way if she decided to, and whether or not that she did, he turned his gaze to the screen of his phone after having shoved the gold coins she tossed at him into his pocket before dialing the number to one of his truck drivers. He had not been expecting this to go as fast as he thought it was going to take, but he welcomed it gratefully, and perhaps now he could finish up with his paperwork and go home for the night. It would be just what he needed to get the stress off, but.. things always had a way of going wrong, and today just seemed like one of those days for Lucius...

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 am
User Image
Anna Askr

"Did I ask for a delivery boy? No, I don't think so. I asked for you." As she makes that final statement, she puts her finger square in the center of his chest. "Either my car or yours should be big enough for the chair, so that's what we'll use. Plus, the only way I'd treat you to that dinner is if you helped me with this little errand. Or do you not want to go get dinner? If so, that's on you." What she didn't mention was that she was somewhat trying to keep him out of his office, as the gold coins were derived from a clock that was formerly there, that she figured wasn't too important. It was certainly more valuable now than it was then, at least, and could be easily replaced with the money she had provided him.

"So, do we have a deal? You help me with the chair, I get you dinner, and the rest of the night plays off naturally." She waits for his response before heading to the register.

Akinai

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:53 am
User ImageUser Image
It was no use. Lucius was going to have to just face the facts and accept that there was no way out of this. Although Anna was being persistent about him being the one to assist her with her purchase and so on and so forth, but... she was also a customer, and the customer always came first, no matter the circumstance. Of course there were limitations to that motto, and surely dinner would be out of the question considering the customer and employee relationship issue, but he was not about to deny her his assistance in taking her chair back to the Spa.

So, without much reluctance, he shoved his phone back in his pocket and looked at Anna, his hands now folded at his back as he stared down at her. "Alright, Ms. Asker," he said, his smile still present. "I will help you deliver your chair to the Spa. Is there anything else that I can help you with while we are here? If not, you may pay for your piece at the counter, and I will meet you outside at the front entrance. Have your vehicle ready."

With a bow of his head, Lucius moved away from Anna, and whether she followed in his footsteps or not, or even took his advisement, he made his way towards the front entrance. Like this morning, he made his way down to the warehouse, which fortunately was not so far away from the store itself. In fact it was merely a block or so away, which he was currently thankful for considering the complications in which he found himself in.

When he entered the large building, he received questioning looks from the employees before requesting their assistance with the item per Anna's request. It did not take them long to find it and bring it to him from the shelves, but he took it gratefully, and thanked them before carrying the somewhat large and heavy item back to Wrie's Furniture.

If Anna would be waiting for him, he would simply follow her lead to her vehicle, but if not, he would set the item down before patiently waiting at the entrance until she was ready. What a day this was turning out to be...

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 am
User Image
Anna Askr

Sure enough, Anna was waiting for him there in her car, which was just big enough for the spa chair. Looking at him, she smirks. "Let me guess. You're concerned about the issue about going out to eat with a customer. Don't be. If you were to stand by that belief, you'd be single your whole life. Everyone needs furniture, so everyone's a customer. So drop that act. You, me, spa, dinner. Besides, it's not like I'm asking you to take me home or anything." She opens the trunk of her car. Yet... She had already paid for the chair inside before going to get her car, so she was good to go.

Akinai

Your Boy Roy
Vice Captain

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Akinai
Crew

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:48 am
User ImageUser Image
Setting the large chair and carefully maneuvering it to fit inside her car, Lucius proceeded to close the trunk of her vehicle before moving around to the passengers side and climbing into the seat. "Ready when you are, Ms. Askr," he said, buckling up. His eyes glanced over the fancy interior before he settled himself in for their departure. "And do forgive me for saying, but in case you were not aware, I am on the clock, which makes you a customer at present. Had I not been, it would be an entirely different story compared to current events, but as it is; you are the customer and I, the Manager."

His head tilted, his gaze drifting towards her with a smile on his face. "Please do not be offended by what I am explaining to you--as you are a lovely woman, Ms. Askr, but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done presently." He closed his eyes before turning his attention away from her and towards the windshield ahead. "I do appreciate the invitation, however. Your 'kindness' has been... most refreshing, and I hope you understand that any refusal I may have is nothing personal against you."

He opened his eyes to glance in her direction before shifting his gaze out the window towards Wrie's Furniture. Hopefully what he had said did not upset Anna, but rules were rules, and unless he wishes to be fired, he had no choice but to deny any invitation she may have. Truth be told, though as frustrating as it may be and confusing, he was rather intrigued by the woman's unusual attitude. It was not normal for someone to be so... eager by everything in general, and he found himself drawn to know more. It was the writer inside of him, and perhaps... just maybe, he would be inspired to do more than just sit in front of his typewriter as he has done the past several months and produce a story worth writing.

[EXIT?]

_I_Am_The_Doctor_X_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:47 am
【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±】 Day Change【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±】

October30thMonday

【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±】

Kurisuchin Saiyuki
Captain

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400