azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:01 pm
Nasir nodded after giving Silk a quiet word of thanks for her answer. Already he was looking around to the books and wondering if the information would be there for them to find and learn of.

It was something that, potentially, he could tell Oliver about if he found it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:44 pm
"It all seems pretty straightforward," Horace noted. "Although warg stuff always kind of did, even beforehand. Eyes on the prize, and all that."The sorts of questions he had now weren't ones Silk could answer - things about what the spiritbound could be, if there was a way familiar's lives, how each scrying object worked....

"What happens to a familiar if your magical core destabilizes?" Not that he planned on shirking looking through the occasional magical goblet now and then, but thorough knowledge seemed best.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:55 am
"They will die," said Silk. "If you bring them to a healer, they may live, but their magic is connected to yours intrinsically. As your core overloads, so too will theirs."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:01 am
"I know it's a new version of this watch, and not necessarily what you were focused on before, Miss Silk...but are there any old rules or bits of etiquette from the old wargs that you'd suggest we take up?"

They'd disrupted a lot of lives, and even if it was for the best, if there were accomodations that could be made, if felt important to try. Manners tended to be a survivor when change came knocking, and for good reason.

shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:00 am
Leila thought about Silk's answer while others gave their questions. The ecologist part of her said that historical information would be important because of the changes that had taken place. It would give her a better sense of what to monitor and where.

...That was, of course, granted sociological or ecological models could be applied to the otherworld.

"If it needs extra hands, would it be alright if I used some of my spare time to catalog some of the literature in here?" she asked. "My academic history means I have relevant experience."

Biscuit creaked at Leila's feet, and gave a small head-floof of acknowledgement to Mr. Bitterberry.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:54 am
While everyone asked questions, Wil was more wrapped up in the aesthetics. He was browsing, quietly going up and down the lines of books and artifacts. He wouldn't touch, not after what was explained about what they were, but he was certainly interested..

Bud snuffled out of his pocket but only craned a bit to look at the other familiars in the room.  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:35 pm
"Can we assist you with the categorizing and examination of the artifacts? Since we can work with them here." If this was to be their space, then - as Leila was offering with the books - it made sense that they would reach out and do something to help.

Trouble's head peeked out of the scarf that Nasir was wearing, glancing around before he disappeared back into the fluff.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:17 am
Well, he better not shirk his duties, right, Nugget?

"Yeah, I mean I don't have an experience, but let me know if you need any help with anything Silk - not just here and stuff." He shrugged. Horace figured Silk's new job was probably high demand, lots of work and he could hazard a guess that she probably slept about as much as Shiloh did.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:42 pm
Silk considered America's question. Then she said, "It was considered polite to offer your assistance to any otherbeing who required it. As wargs, you are beings who are respected by many. They will approach you to ask you to commit some services to them. I think that it would show the honorable intentions of the new Court if you were to continue to help where needed. Further, when speaking to otherbeings, they will expect you to refer to each other by title--Warg Surname--and to keep your familiars as close to your person as possible. That is a gesture of trust; to let your familiar roam says that you believe those speaking with you intend to do you harm. It also says you don't consider what they're saying important, if all of you is not present to speak with them."

She looked over to Leila. "I'm sure you think it does," she said, glancing to Nasir as well. He was included in this, it seemed. "But these books and artifacts are not all in languages which you speak, as yet, and I don't have time to teach you the spells I will be using to translate them. You don't know the world as I do, and the subjects even in the books that are in English will be unnecessarily arcane. Do you know the difference between the Multitude and the Lliaws? Would you be able to distinguish between a document speaking to the old world habits of the Multitude as compared to the Lliaws? No. But I can." She shook her head.

"In addition, I don't trust either of you to not see something you find interesting and take it. Visitors often seem to feel they have the right to anything they find that seems 'cool'. I don't mean to be rude, but I don't know either of you well enough to entrust you with this task. Many of these artifacts haven't been seen by living beings for centuries, if not longer. Once the records for the Court are finalized, then you may take things from the library, but until then the entrances and exits are warded to keep the contents of this room in place. You may bring things in, but not out, until I have an accounting done by people I know and trust."

For some reason, Horace didn't seem to be included in that statement of distrust.

"I have another appointment to keep. Please take your time familiarizing yourself with this space; it is yours to use." With a half-bow at the shoulders, Silk turned and departed, her shoes clicking on the carpet (???!!).  
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff