Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:29 pm
Eve sniffed. "Oh, I used to play with her," she said. "Until she started winning all the time." And then, of course, there was the part where she'd gotten her powers locked away and decided to start experimenting with chronomancy. But that had been covered already.

After Ollie's explanation of his death thing, Leila nodded a bit. "I was in forensics before the whole reality jump happened, and I've been called in elsewhere in the region to look at some pretty awful cases." Thankfully, she didn't do any memory sharing here. That would have been excessive. "Not the same, but I can sort of relate to feeling like death has taken over your life, always having it on your mind in some way." For her, it had been work, though. There was a clear purpose for her expertise. Oliver's ability sounded a lot less fun.

melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:57 pm
    Ollie nodded. "It's very invasive."

"I don't envy it..." Shiloh said quietly, "A lot of my magic is just..." He waved his hand. The grass around them wavered. Bean was startled by this and began slapping his hand against the blades of green frantically.

Ollie shrugged. "I have a feeling you'd probably beat me at jenga too..."

"Not me. I'd take you on." Shiloh looked invigorated. He would definitely lose. "I have great balance."

"Shiloh the key is making sure the tower has good balance."

"I have the key too, Ollie."

"You're hopeless."

cibarium

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:16 pm
An aggregation of tiny leafhoppers also jumped out of the grass and landed on Leila, looking like greenish freckles on her arms.

"Maybe I should've brought my set," she mused. "I've only played one-on-one so far. Hey, Eve--"

"I don't want board games in Equinox," Eve protested. "It's not a cafe. They make people get all noisy."

"And you don't like when people beat you. What made you think I was gonna suggest that anyway?"

"You don't have to share your thoughts for me to know what you're thinking."

Leila rolled her eyes, but with clear playfulness. "Point is, I'm always up for trading meditation techniques and stuff. I'll probably need to pick up more now that I'm a walking arthropod aggregation hotspot on top of everything else."

melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:05 pm
    "That would be lovely." Despite the bickering between the two—Ollie was sure he bickered enough between his brother, so fair was fair—he was still managing to keep on topic, "I'm fairly adept with the mindfulness techniques I've picked up. And I know how to make simple sigils to protect against certain..." He was searching for the word, "I dunno, intrusive thoughts? They take me a little while to work on and I have to cement them in the Otherworld..."

He looked at his palm, though the mark Renard had made for him was long gone.

Shiloh mumbled, "Board games and cafe's sound cool though—hey!"

Ollie had elbowed him again, "You don't even like to be sociable."

Bean had seemed to tucker himself out. He lay face down in the grass.

cibarium

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:40 pm
Mindfulness sigils, huh? "You think something like that could be made to... work the other way?" Leila asked, tugging at one of her gloves. "My main problem is that I'm the invasive thought when I touch people." She was generally an honest person, but that didn't mean she wanted people catching her feelings from a handshake.

Eve was intrigued too, if only because she had a general interest in magic already. "I don't know much about wards, myself," she admitted. "Something to look into. It could be a nice complement to the clairvoyant abilities you've been developing."

That had been directed at both Oliver and Leila, and the latter rolled her eyes. "You forgot the part where my precognition sucks," she said. "Most of the time I'm helping people avoid foodborne illness or, like, an awkward date."

Clover gave a big dramatic dog sigh.

melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:20 pm
    "If I had enough time to engineer it, then probably. I don't see why not." Ollie seemed pretty confident, "I haven't spent much time with it, but it's something that I've been picking up more and more interest with... I was able to help one of my friends out, and then myself of course, so..." He blinked, "Maybe you know Nasir? He has a wealth of empathy abilities that've been... weighing on him, I guess. The pervasiveness was similar to my deathsense; something you can't turn off, that you could always sense... I'll see if I can work something out for you though, Leila."

Shiloh blinked too, "Could you figure out what the best gift to give my boyfriend on our next date would be then?"

Ollie rolled his eyes, feeling Clover's dramatic sigh in more ways than one.

cibarium

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:49 pm
Nasir, with the baked goods and the flying squirrel? Yeah, Eve and Leila both knew him, giving a nod when asked. The empathy bit was new, though. And it probably meant no more hugs from Leila. Who knew what kind of weird s**t would happen if they got too close with their respective mind powers?

"Maybe?" Leila thought, at Shiloh's question. "It's pretty hit and miss with specific inquiries." Nonetheless, she peered at Shiloh's face in an attempt to coax her magic to show her something.

Eve lifted a brow. "Don't strain yourself," she said.

Leila huffed a sigh. "No, it's fine, I --ow, s**t --" Now she was squinting like she had an oncoming migraine. "Farmer's market," she finished. "Early in the morning. Go there."

Now Eve was tilting her head thoughtfully, with a new smirk. "It is peach season, isn't it?" She easily recalled how Jamie usually got a peach tea when he didn't ask for chamomile.

melanchlies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:25 pm
    "Oh wow..." Shiloh's eyes were huge, "Jamie loves peaches."

"Were you doubting her?" Ollie squinted.

"No! Just... it seems neat is all."

"Anyway." Ollie wrung his hands for a moment before remembering he had magic pills, "Do you need something for your head? I know how strenuous mental magic can be. Um, don't mind me..." He had a feeling their lunchbox would be a profitable venture. He produced two containers of extra strength tylenol from ******** nowhere.

"That's... much." He opened the bottle. There were precisely three pills inside. "...nevermind."

"I didn't know you could find magic space pills." Shiloh raised an eyebrow, "I guess I can find magic space turtles though. But I can't pull them out of nowhere like a magician... Anyway, thanks Leila." Fresh peaches.

"Let's cool it with the magic for now, okay Shiloh?" Ollie shot him a look.

Bean had approximately three butterflies resting on him.

cibarium

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:38 pm
"It goes away on its own pretty fast, after I pass along the vision," Leila answered Ollie. "Thanks for offering, though. That's a handy power."

"Julian would love you for it," Eve agreed. "My nephew. Don't tell him I said that, though." She sniffed, frowned a bit. "I used to have crows following me around everywhere, bringing me junk food... It feels like I've been powerless for longer than half a year." Dammit, it was frustrating to not be able to brag and show off. All the talk about innate powers had gotten under her skin a little, so she appreciated Ollie's suggestion to cool it.

Leila blinked. "Wow, it really has been six months." She pulled back some locks of Eve's hair affectionately, and sent her some reassuring thoughts that were also very sappy and gay. It brought a smile back to Eve's face, at any rate.

"Is he asleep?" she asked, looking at Beanie and the butterflies on him. She thought it would be funny if more arrived to perch on the sprout, and then one actually did.

melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:43 pm
    Shiloh looked over at Bean while Ollie tried to consolidate the pills. While one bottle had been near empty, the other one was packed to the brim. He seemed to be having a time of it. "He is, yeah. Little guy prolly tuckered himself out... they're usually asleep during the night, though. Second it gets dark..." He reached over to poke the living hacky sack with his finger, but it only squished useless at his side. Shoeing the butterflies away, Shiloh scooped the rag doll into his hand.

Bean's eyes were closed, his body limp.

"What a hambone." Shiloh sighed before... depositing him in his pocket. Said pocket moved around for a moment, but stilled again as Bean got comfortable.

"Actually, I hate to be that guy, but..." Ollie had his phone out, frowning a little, "I totally forgot Eli and I were seeing a movie today, so I better scoot before he gets impatient." Pause, "Eli's my uh, roommate." And then he smiled apologetically. "It really was nice talking with you both though."

Shiloh blinked, "I might'swell get Beanie home too, then..."

cibarium

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 am
There was an unabashed aww from Leila when Shiloh picked up the sleepy Bean and tucked him away into a pocket. One of the butterflies hung around on the pocket's edge for a moment, but flew back over to Leila when the twins announced their departure.

"Hey, go ahead. This was sort of supposed to be a date anyhow," Leila grinned. "But it was good to see you both."

"You didn't need to tell them that," Eve quipped. "Take some shortbread from us before we eat all of it, please. I hope you and your roommate enjoy the movie."

She was smiling at Oliver in a knowing, or at least suspecting, fashion. It was hard to escape her gaydar.

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:52 pm
    Both twins accepted the shortbread eagerly. Both twins also had full intentions of sharing this with their respective Special Friends.

"It's okay." Shiloh smiled innocently, "I'll contact you later though for those projects, Eve."

Oliver nodded, "Likewise. Thanks for having us." He nodded to them both with an equally fitting smile. Twins were always kinda funny when they unknowingly mirrored one another. With that, they stood up and took their leave, laughing about something or other as they trailed off into the distance.

cibarium
wrap! ty 4 rp <:

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items