Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 pm
no appetite

Nasir's expression was a bit more concerned than usual. He was doing his best, however, to not just ... say something about what he was hearing from Kaleb. Not that he could figure out how to turn it off quite yet.

The other young man was loud and clear in more ways than one.

"Hey," Nasir's voice was soft, "you holding up okay?" There was a note of genuine concern in his tone. "Didn't look like you were able to eat much." Cue the concerned mother hen in him because they needed all the strength they could get.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:40 pm
no appetite

Kaleb nodded, but he didn't look too sure of himself. The thoughts that echoed around him faded into smaller whimpers, as though the small teen was trying to bury the associated emotions.

"I'm okay... I never have much of an appetite to begin with," he explained, forcing a weak smile. That last part was true at least, some honesty to distract from what was really going on inside. Those emotions were still shifting uneasily between shame and fear, he couldn't bear the thought of anyone worrying about him.

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:12 pm
no appetite

The whimpers were, in fact, worse. Nasir could not help himself and reached out to Kaleb, his fingers curling around his shoulder and tugging him in for a hug.

"You kind of need all the energy you can get, so ... eating is a good thing right now. Even if it's just nibbles, you know?"

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:05 am
no appetite

"I'm sorry..." He whimpered, caught off guard by the unexpected hug. It had a mixed effect on the youth, the warmth and closeness offering comfort and reassurance, yet also setting off a fresh round of shame. Nasir was so gentle and kind, and Kaleb's guilty heart was reluctant to accept that kindness when he had done so little to deserve it.

The conflict was present in his response to the hug, he didn't pull away, nor did he seem capable of relaxing into it.

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:01 pm
no appetite

The wash of feelings was- It was unexpected and Nasir had to keep himself from tearing up unexpectedly, on top of everything else. "No sorry, Kaleb. It's alright, you know? We all did good today, even you."

No reason for him to be ashamed, to feel like this- The depth of his uneasiness was unexpected, just like he had not expected the shame and the rest of the emotions that came with.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:53 am
no appetite

Kaleb wanted to believe those words so badly, but it wasn't just the mishaps of the previous 24 hours that led to his self-doubt, it was years of personal disappointment. He had gotten by on telling himself he wouldn't let anyone down if he was never the one people were relying on, if he somehow found another way to be useful. But how could he maintain that distance, turn away to find some other task, when confronted by so much pain?

People were hurt, and I... I wanted to help, I really did. What am I meant to do if not that?

It was getting harder to keep the emotions inside, his ability to put on a brave face already compromised greatly by the day's events. Instead of deflecting Nasir's concern, is composure cracked and tears welled up behind his glasses.

"I'm sorry, I tried to eat but I just couldn't..."

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 pm
no appetite

"Hey ..." Nasir pulled back a little, especially after catching the words, and feeling the turmoil swell and, this time, not ebb. It was simply flowing free and it felt overwhelming. That Kaleb was still even going ...

It was more than impressive.

"You don't have to apologize, Kaleb. Really." The hug was still on-going, even though he had pulled back some to look at the younger man. "You just need to unwind a little and then you'll be able to eat. Everything's kind of overwhelming right now."

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:22 pm
no appetite

Kaleb nodded, however feebly. He wiped his eyes. Nasir was right, whether it was actually his ability to stomach dinner in question, or the deeper concern of his own shortcomings. Nobody was ever prepared to see or experience what they all had that day, and it was still too early to reflect upon it with a clear head.

"Maybe... I should try and... and find a book," he murmured in a tiny voice, broken up with little hiccups. That was also the tipping point in his emotions. Although Kaleb was still anxious and upset, he had also begun the monumental task of being kind to himself. It was easier to manage when someone else was showing him how.

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:22 pm
no appetite

"I think we can find you one somewhere. If not just ask one of the fetches, they're really nice." Nasir kept an arm around Kaleb, squeezing him lightly. Except that even as he was trying to keep things under control for himself - not let the wash of Kaleb's feelings pull him down - he was still trying to help.

Help, in this case, was easing Kaleb's feelings the only way he knew how: by taking a little bit of them. Nasir seemed to magic a piece of cloth from thin air, using it to brush away the stray tears from Kaleb's face. "Finding something else to focus on for a bit, not just think about ... all of what happened is actually pretty smart."

Grey Dragon
nasir is using his riser ability on kaleb <3 which will help him have a moment of clarity/calm down a bit more (though now nasir definitely gets the feels)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:01 pm
no appetite

Kaleb nodded, comforted by the squeeze, and the warmth of gentle magic surrounding him. It felt almost like a soft blanket, tugging him into the hug. He had no way of knowing how the magic was helping him, but it was easier to put aside the fear and focus on something helpful.

"Maybe they have some books about magic," the small teen murmured. Then he was silent for a bit, while the emotional inner voices quieted down to little reassurances and comforting little echoes of Nasir's own words.

"Thanks..." He said after a minute, visibly more relaxed than before. Nasir hugs had worked wonders.

azuredreams
I bet the emotion-voices are now talking about how wonderful Nasir is.

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:24 pm
no appetite

Nasir wasn't quite sure what to do with the echo of his own words that he was hearing - it was a bit odd, a bit disconcerting - but he rolled with it since Kaleb seemed to be doing far, far better. "Well, let's see if we can talk to one of them about getting you a book on magic and maybe something snacky for you."

Then he was nudging Kaleb a little bit, a warm smile on his face and his arm still around the other young man. "I don't need thanks, I just want to make sure you're alright. If you are, that's enough for me."

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:54 pm
no appetite

"I think I'll be okay now," Kaleb replied meekly, and this time he felt like it might be the truth. Although he wanted to thank Nasir again, maybe apologize once more, he felt like it might be okay to impose for just a little bit longer. Just until he could find a little bit more strength. There would definitely be more thanks in the future, but for now, he just needed to find a book.

azuredreams
Drabble wrap?

Grey Dragon

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out