azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:05 pm
"No, it does not." Jeremiah finally sighed; pinched the bridge of his nose. "Normally I would spare you the speeches, I don't see the point to them. You're an adult, your own man, but that stopped the moment it involved me.

"Essentially: what the bloody ********. Pulling back in this kind of situation is not what you need to do." Yet it was exactly what Shun was doing. He had shut down all contact, save whatever he deemed necessary.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:15 pm
Shun's fingers twitched slightly in irritation as Jeremiah spoke about how he was handling the issue.

"You do not need to get involved any further. This is my problem to fix. The closer anyone appears to me, the bigger the target that will be placed upon their heads. I got complacent during my time in Ashdown. It is not happening again."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:17 pm
"Someone under my protection was attacked, my admin was attacked, I was attacked." Jeremiah's eyes went bright. "Whether you like it or not, I'm involved and so are others."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:28 pm
"There are bigger things at hand right now," Shun deflected, averting his gaze, "And when this is over with, I plan on ending that debacle as soon as I can. I will handle it."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:13 am
The fact that Shun averted his gaze said more than anything else.

"Yes, there are, but you are missing the point: going this on your own will not go well. Eventually you're going to have to realize that connections are not weaknesses, Shun." His hand waved dismissively then. "However, I will spare you that and we'll discuss it after the fact. Were they able to heal you?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:36 am
Shun shook his head at Jeremiah, not agreeing with that sentiment. He didn't say anything in reply to that statement, however. Instead, he just answered the question.

"Yes. I need to go in for another healing session later, however."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:54 pm
Jeremiah did not expect him to believe him or agree. Instead he side, raking a hand through his hair. "Better than the hospital. At least I don't have to cart people there." He paused, as if realizing and then sighed.

"Pax is dead. Not by the Burning Man's hand but ..." Still, they were dead.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:02 pm
Closing his eyes, Shun let out a slow sigh and nodded.

"I suspected as much... The Burning Man mentioned something along those lines, though I thought he might have done something to him..." he started before gritting his teeth.

"I should have checked on Pax sooner. This is my negligence."

azuredreams
[

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:31 pm
"It is not just your negligence," responded Jeremiah immediately. His shoulders rolled, the familiar ache in them steady and constant with how much he had stretched himself today.

"They've had been dead for days, if not longer than that. Sonny set some kind of warding on them, to make sure no one else came by. Not after the Burning Man did." His fingers twitched. "He also managed to get to Noeh and Pride-" A shake of his head. "Pride fought back and we likely would have lost him if not for America and Temperance."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:37 pm
"Sonny had said to not wait long before checking in again..." he mumbled. Of course, he got spirited away for nearly a month, but he didn't really consider that to be a very good excuse.

As far as Shun was concerned, he had failed Pax.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:43 pm
Jeremiah simply stared, his look saying everything. Others had known, himself included, and they could have reached out to help Pax as well.

"Pax was nearly brought back," he added, "but ... it would have done more harm than good to do so. After all this time, this may grant them the rest they deserve." His voice was somber as he spoke. "I do think it may be best to go back to them, to the grove, to perform whatever rights are befitting them."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:57 pm
"Right," he grunted. It didn't really make him much happier about it, however. Shun fell silent once more as he thought about everything that needed to be done after this charter was dealt with. Aside from his personal issues, there was still...

Sunny's murder.

Even if he no longer had his badge.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:25 am
Jeremiah fell silent, watching Shun carefully before he eventually spoke again. "Look, for what it is worth, I am doing all that I can from my end to make sure your name gets cleared and we can get you off of suspension and clear you of suspicion.

"It helps that no one reported the attacks and that it was all other visitors but it still, at the moment, does not look good for you." Another stretch of his shoulders, his posture shifting. "I am honestly quite happy there's only a note about potential magical aptitude on your file as opposed to actually being known to be magical. Otherwise, the ankle monitor may not have been enough to satisfy things and get you released."

Blade Kuroda
did u know a sleepy jeremiah is a chatty jeremiah and apparently i left this sitting in a window again instead of posting X:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:41 am
Shun scoffed, then muttered under his breath, "I suppose there is that, but I somehow doubt the anonymous hate mail will stop anytime too soon."

He shook his head, then tried to change the subject. He really did not want to be talking about his problems right now.

"With whatever justice system we plan on putting in place tomorrow with the court and everything... we cannot allow the Burning Man to get away with what he has done," he stated, staring hard at Jeremiah, "We need to make sure the people in charge cannot simply be 'bought' out."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:22 pm
Jeremiah just gave him another look before he curtly nodded. "We have to know what will happen to him and that justice occurs." Whatever high ground the Burning Man thought he had, he lost with what he had attempted to do.

Now he was no better than them. A wrong to fix a wrong was not alright.

"In all honesty, considering that there were three presences when he had possession of Ezra Fitzpatrick, I am worried that his death could mean someone else would have born that weight."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces