[ prp ] Won't you please, please (America&Co) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:33 pm
Handing the birth certificate back to Leila, America skewered herself a hotdog and took a seat. "So, who all here has a seeing stuff magic to tell what's wrong with a person?"

azuredreams
cibarium
smerdle
iloveyoudie
melancholies
saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:52 pm
"It's-" Jeremiah stopped, feeling a bit breathless. He stopped and shook his head. Not a wise idea to mention that he was geased by a fetch, it would likely cause him to not have a good evening or, at least, make it worse.

"Reversed," he said instead. "The Burning Man is the dominant personality and somewhere within is Ezra. We would need to find a way to bring him to the forefront, to trigger him and see what happens." His shoulders rolled, a drink taken before he continued on. "I can ... pick up emotions now, though that is not seeing, but I could try to gain truthful answers from him and use that as well.

"I have not done so before due to not feeling it is worth the potential danger that could come from that." A breath. "Aside from that, I've the bone ring that speaks to me about the person I use it on. My eyes only detect rifts in the veil and magic but not specific things about a person."

lizbot
cibarium
smerdle
iloveyoudie
melancholies
saedusk

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:57 am
"Apparently I can see imprints on people if something's affecting their behavior," Leila said, frowning a bit vacantly into the fire. An apologetic look was given to America: wish I'd spotted the brain worms. "It's more complex with Ezra than with you all." She looked briefly to Jeremiah, who'd heard about as much of the story as she could give a while ago, but was reluctant to describe it again. Mostly because seeing the note America had brought made her wonder if Ezra had been trying to communicate something similar.

The thought was, among other things, terrifying. In addition, Leila really wanted to understand why Jeremiah looked all corpsey.

Eve had obtained a beer from somewhere and, with misplaced bitter determination, had also begun to roast a marshmallow. "Maybe I could call him up and let him know how disappointed I am," she said, with extreme sarcasm. "We're technically his parents." Shaking her head, she put on a more sincere voice, and continued: "The most I'd have to offer is more information about him. He's stayed close to Renard through the cycles... maybe he knows something?"

lizbo
azuredream
melancholie
iloveyouDI
smerdl
saedus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:49 am
Alg moved closer to the fire and decide he may as well partake in food while it was here. He was never one to turn down a free meal and lacked the selectiveness toward his cuisine that his husband had. A hotdog was poked onto a stick and held over the fire.

"I can influence a mood by touch," Even change it should the other party give in to his power easily, "but I'm not sure if that can surface a dormant personality.." His emotional manipulation pooled from his own emotions and he didn't know what could bring such a thing to the forefront.

azuredreams

lizbot

smerdle

melancholies

saedusk

cibarium

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:14 pm
    Shiloh's head was jerking around as everyone spoke like it was no big deal. Was he the only one left out of the loop? No one was really explaining anything. "But what's..." His voice trailed off pathetically. If they were geased, could they even answer? He dropped it for the moment, his eyes downcast and a little sad, his throat feeling dry as he slowly swallowed.

"It makes sense, I guess. The part of the Burning Man being somewhere inside of him." His eyes shifted to Bean, but he didn't seem to be growing any more amused, even if he was cute. "With Melany though, the Spinel Lady had to be triggered out. She was kind of dormant inside of her... but it doesn't seem to be that way with Ezra. Or didn't I guess." He sighed, "Then again, Ezra never really seemed like a sociopath who broke peoples legs because he could." Silence. Okay moving on.

"I don't have any sort of sight abilities like that, but..." Everyone here basically knew he was a principal, right? He'd basically said it at the Noble meeting, and Eve knew, and Jeremiah knew, and of course America knew too. "...I kind of... did a thing with Melany," His finger wiggled in the air in a particular shape, "She had... a mark on her back, where they put the sigil in her shoulder, and I was able to like..." His finger, still moving, now produced a trail of light as he drew out the symbol of a lock. "...lock her away, I guess. The Spinel Lady."

He listened to the fire crackle for a second.

"But it hurt her, and it was only a temporary thing until we removed the sigil. I dunno if something like that would work on Ezra, 'cause it isn't like he... has a mark or anything on his body where the Burning Man would hypothetically be. You said he wasn't really paying attention when he gave you that note? 'Cause Melany did stuff like that too, where she coded her words and redirected her thoughts around..."

"Other than that, I don't really know Ezra personally. Even in Court, we were mostly kept in the Madame's domain. I didn't see him or Aodelle or the other tithes that much." He shuddered a little at the recollection. Shiloh wondered vaguely if anyone would care if he swiped a beer. "Beanie, hey," He was whispering quietly, "Roll one of those cans over..."

lizbot
azuredreams
cibarium
iloveyouDIE
smerdle
saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:45 pm
"I don't have any magic like that, but I might be able to distract him while you try locking him away." Rabbit's voice was low as he stabbed at a marshmallow and made his way back to the fire. "I think it's a stupid idea, but... I mean, from the opposite side, what's really going to happen if we let him go on for a little while? Won't remaking the Charter help him too? Can't we make it?"

He intercepted Bean, grabbing another beer and passing it to Shiloh rather overtly. The only cop here was from England, and they let kids drink all the time, right?

Melancholies
lizbot
azuredreams
cibarium
iloveyouDIE
saedusk

Smerdle

Scamp

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:18 pm
"The Charter can be influenced. He's part of the we there." Which reminded America of something, "We talked about the..." she paused, a warning pain rising. Swallowing she altered course a little, "...the frame. That with intent, it could be one whole piece, instead of needing a group or a single person connected to it outside the cycles forever? But I don't know if that'd tied into his own situation or not," the girl admitted, offering Bean a quirk of a smile.

"I can try looking on him through Mr. B's eyes, sometimes I can see a little extra that way. I think maybe we should see what we can find out first, before putting someone in the line of fire, here. If you know anybody that has special sight, maybe just ask them to look at him through those extra eyes when they seem him around town this weekend. Maybe he does have a lock of sorts, like Melany. Just not where we can see."

azuredreams

cibarium
smerdle
iloveyoudie
melancholies
saedusk

Quote:

If you guys would like, I have the go ahead from shibe to make a drabble-type thread for them to each observe/spy on/puzzle out ezra's situation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:01 pm
After the revelation that he too was on fire as far as Leila's vision showed, he finally got back to claiming a marshmallow for himself, one he could actually roast, one Bean wasn't attached to. So whatever had been done to him and the others, it hadn't ended with handing over their fingerprints. They'd been touched and the influence hadn't let go. That made him a little upset.

"Shiloh, if you think there's any way I could help with binding, let me know. If we found a way to do it, I mean..." Like Alg, he was having a hard time wanting to help, but thinking of it as helping Shiloh made it easier. He twirled the marshmallow over the fire. Bean, on the other hand, struggled to cling to the slippery, wet can as he was hoisted away, eventually dropping into Shiloh's lap with an offended sort of squeak.

"And, um, I guess if anyone needs someone to lift something heavy... or hold someone down..." How that could even help, he had no idea, but the offer was on the table. He was a strongbun, after all.

As he made himself a smore (finally) he elbowed Shiloh lightly, just a little 'hey, don't go too crazy,' but he didn't stop him from taking the beer.

lizbot
azuredreams
cibarium
iloveyouDIE
smerdle
Melancholies

Quote:
that would be cool Liz!

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:21 pm
"His burns," Leila said timidly, looking between Shiloh and America, "might be something to focus on. When I... saw what I did, the most real looking Ezra didn't have any. The one we've met was sort of between him and the Burning Man." It was an enormous effort to keep her voice from shaking. "But you're right, we need to know more."

Eve nodded through America's plan and gave Leila's shoulder a comforting squeeze. "Spying does sound like a good next step." A ******** pity she couldn't transform when it would have been invaluable. "We can meet again after the weekend's done, then? Compare notes, and bring along ideas for solutions that are less off-the-cuff. I'm going to believe there will be something between all of us and the work we've been doing the past month or so."

She sighed deeply. Her marshmallow had caught fire. Still delicious, though.

lizbot
azuredreams
melancholies
iloveyouDIE
smerdle
saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:03 pm
Jeremiah was partaking mostly of the beer and, on the occasion that one was close enough, a marshmallow. He was quiet as others spoke, fingers of his left hand curling and uncurling as if a reminder that what he knew - his own exchange with Ezra - could not be said. He focused on America and what she said and nodded in agreement.

"Intent and will are very heavy influences with magic and especially with something like the Charter." The beer bottle was rolled in his hands, a glance to the bottles beside him and then to Shiloh. It was a pointed look: the kind that said go for it (though he would probably prefer that Shiloh split it with Jamie, just to be safe). "A strong will, especially someone like Ezra, could heavily influence things." Renard came to mind, if only because he had appeared during the void when things had come to a head and the sigil had needed to be blooded and finalized. "It's why it's best when it comes to the creation of the new Charter we know what we want."

He was silent again, smiling a bit at Jamie who mentioned the heavy lifting and holding down remark. Mostly because the youth he remembered from Blackfriars had turned into a truly remarkable young man.

"I agree with the spying or interacting, regrouping after the weekend. I could go and speak with the sisters," his voice dropped to a softer tone, "and perhaps see if they can tell me anything about Ezra. They know him best and I've spent quite a bit of time in their company as well." So perhaps they would tell him if there was something going on. "Otherwise, I'll also attempt to see what I can learn about Ezra. Reach out to people if necessary for other ways." He glanced to the ring, wondering if perhaps he would be able to learn anything else with it.

"When it comes down to it, to approaching after we've made a true plan, I'll offer to be there. Fire is not a concern for me," not after his tithing, no, "and I can help make sure to get people away if necessary." Ezra was teetering and that meant he was more dangerous than ever.

lizbot

Melancholies

saedusk

cibarium

iloveyouDIE

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 pm
They go over the particulars and offer up whatever dregs they can think up of Ezra's situation at the moment, but after a bit, the little gathering actually does become something much more like a typical weenie roast.

Quote:

Drabble ORP is here!

azuredreams

iloveyoudie

cibarium

smerdle

saedusk

melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff