[PRP] Let's Taco 'Bout It (Chester & Preacher) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:58 pm
He hadn't been aware that such a thing was possible. "With the components, the sigil can be broken apart, just like that? I mean, in theory, like everything else. But still, that's great!" Chester cleared his throat and hunched over the table again once he realized how nerd-excited he had gone. He wondered if that meant they needed all of the parts of the new sigil to break it too—Renard's blood came to mind—or if it would follow suit once the first one was gone. "I'll keep my ears open for news of a principal too. I'm sure there's a ton we can learn from just one of those books."

Chester hesitated at her suggestion, his initial only-child-unaccustomed-to-sharing thing kicking in before he identified the feeling as such. He shrugged it off easily enough, holding out his food for her to taste. "Sure." The novelty of the situation was stronger than childhood aversions anyway.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:35 pm
"Presumably, yeah. That's what Pride tol' me." She drew on the table and a glowing line followed her finger, a quick sketch of the old, sword-based sigil. Then she wiped it away. "It's just a three symbol thing, which ain't all that hard ta make. Conversely, it shouldn't be too hard ta break. Ya gotta get tha components n' destroy em. I got a list back at that house." She could remember most of them now, too.

She leaned forward over the table - for someone with Preacher's height, it was a long lean - and took a bite of his gordita. She hmm'd a moment as she chewed. "It's good, but chalupas'r better." Then she snorted. "Were gordita. D'you want some of my burrito?"

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:49 pm
With a subtle raise of his eyebrows, Chester nodded. Fair enough. Chalupas and gorditas were on equal culinary footing in his opinion, but he would concede for now. He brought his food back up to his mouth, a very small part of his brain actually whispering girl cooties, and took another bite. "I'm okay with this," he said once he had chewed and swallowed. "But thank you."

He looked at where her table art had been, finding it just as interesting as he had the first time. "If the charter doesn't kill us all, I could help gather things. If you need help, that is."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:51 pm
"Help ya can trust is always ********' good." She squeezed the entirety of another packet of sauce into the remains of her burrito. "I got someone ta give me tha body, anyhow. The hardest bit is subs for tha sirens since no one wants ta off 'em."

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:55 pm
The warmth that resulted from her saying she trusted him cooled again when she mentioned a body and 'offing sirens'.

"Someone gave you a body?" he whispered. "It's not in the house, is it?"

He didn't ask about the sirens, mostly because he was picturing mythological, ship-crashing beasts, and who would want to risk their lives killing those?

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:19 am
"Er, no. It ain't wit me or anythin' yet." She leaned in close, speaking lowly. "Ta break tha old sigil, y'need components - one is Sunny, n' Sunny's dead unfortunately. But new Sonny knows were Liam Noor - their papa - got tha body. Need that, need crossroads dirt, need a siren, need Renard's book, Viv's ring... I think that's it. I got it all writ down, though."

Preacher sighed, the air making a tendril of her hair flutter. "Sirens is those bird kids what Rabbit got."

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 am
"Oh. Okay." It wasn't okay, not really, but knowing where a body was located was better than sleeping with it under your roof. "I didn't know she was dead." It made sense, he just hadn't thought a lot about it.

Chester almost brightened at the mention of Viv, assuming it could only be Vivien, but the offing of fantasy creatures turned into the offing of children so soon after that he just sat there, quietly processing.

"Yes. I could see how that would be a problem." He sighed. "Well, if we can fix the charter as a group, I'm sure we can figure out how not to kill a few children." As of right now, not even he was willing to go that far to stay who he was. Only time would tell if he would continue to feel the same.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:22 am
"Yeah... tha PD found her after tha jump." Preacher sighed. She'd liked Sunny, even if she was vaguely frightening. Sonny wasn't the same person, of course, and Preacher felt guilty that maybe she liked Sonny better.

"I figure if a body will work fer one thing, why not 'nother? The sirens had ta have others. Or I can jus'... make a new one. With dirt, a birb, and Renard bleedin' a bit."

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:14 am
Chester nodded to himself as she spoke. It sounded plausible. These things were just recipes, after all, and people made substitutions with those all the time. Of course, people didn't undo recipes really, but prior to last year no one he'd known had magic either. A part of him felt that anything was possible at this point.

"Renard does seem eager to bleed everywhere," he said with a bit of distaste. "It's worth a shot. And if it doesn't work... we'll deal with it, I guess." He sighed, turning back to his food. Once he had swallowed again, Chester added, "Rabbit is a person, right?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:09 pm
"Renard's supposedly a weirdo," she pointed out. "Like I ain't got betta ideas. N' yeah, Rabbit's a dude - thinish, calaca. He's one o' tha noble peoples If I remember aright." If they'd had fries, she would have been gesturing with one.

"Obs can't off his kids. But yeah, when we get back to tha house, I'm gonna make up a plan o' action." She polished off her burrito. "D'you think I should go get fiesta taters, too?"

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:50 am
"Hm." He wrapped up his trash, thinking as he did. It didn’t take long to realize there was too much to say. They were done here, even if he had more questions than answers. Again.

"Fiesta taters. Yes." He smiled a little. "I’ll get some too."

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas