azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:31 am
"I'll see what I can do," replied Jeremiah. Whatever snooping around she wanted to do, he did not want to think about at the moment. Probably morbid curiousity. That had been him once too.

"Well, if it had been mine, I would have likely been even angrier. It's an import and not exactly easy for me to bring in another vehicle from back home ..." Which was the truth of the matter. He did not want to import another vehicle from Europe. Thankfully Algie was just fine with American vehicles.

His lips twitched at the mention of Greeks and not trusting their advice. "Right because not listening to an entire culture that was built around various gods and elemental spirits would be a bad idea for what is attempting to be done. We could likely do with channeling some, ah, anemoi thuellai." Storm spirits or something. He was not so great with Greek. "Though considering I believe it was the Greeks that attached blood to the air element ... perhaps you are right."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 am
"Oh man. Yeah. I'm mad either way that it happened." Who wasn't? Probably the shooter. She'd steal their eyeballs.

"I meant less of the Ἄνεμοι and more of the fact that they basically went 'Yeah, blood is hot and wet like air, that makes it air, right?'." She saw what their logic was, but still. "Air was hot and wet, Fire was hot and dry, Water was cold and wet, and earth was cold and dry. Which I guess I'd take that logic at least." Because wet and hot was like water vapor stuff, right? That made enough sense unless her lack of finishing High School Science was going to be out to get her.

"I mean, how specific does it need to be for the charter? I'm gonna say closer than blood, but not just air in a jar." Unless air in a jar was an OK option, but she had a feeling that if plain ol' air worked, they wouldn't have had to do half this stuff.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:18 pm
"It makes a certain kind of sense but there's been enough blood involved in the Charter that, perhaps, we should not follow that thought process." Jeremiah was not exactly wanting to do something that involved blood to symbolize air. Especially since Cass inadvertently had him thinking about jars and blood and-

That was a lot of no.

"A specific manifestation of air would be for the best. We're wanting to create something that will great vitality and ensure breath. Something that embodies the air element at it's purest form would likely be for the best given the seriousness of this venture."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:45 pm
"'Specific'..." Cass trailed off with a small frown. "So more of the πνεῦμα rather than your Ἄνεμοι. Not lungs," she added jokingly, then leaned her chin into her palm thoughtfully. Air that insured breath and vitality. "So definitely fresh air, probably not weather-related, maybe something white or blue...." Cass went a far less traditional route than the book that Jeremiah had as she opened her phone and started a google search on it.

It wasn't helpful.

She tried another one.

"Well at least Hindu people have a lot of symbols for breath and stuff. I don't think this helps tho. I mean, air is so...." she vaguely waved her hands around, "I dunno. Invisible? Not exactly something I can throw at people?" Is that what 'embody' meant to you, Cass?

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:28 pm
"Mm, yes. That would be better suited." At least, if he was understanding her to being saying spirit versus wind. "Or, perhaps, a little bit of both to cover all the bases."

Jeremiah raised an eyebrow at the google search before he chuckled. In his notebook was the symbol for air, in more than a few variations, since she had mentioned it and he had been reading. "Well, some use incense as a way to help visualize air- to give it a form that we can see. It would certainly be one way." Then he shook his head. "... and you've got to be careful using the internet and google for magical research. Half of it is wrong, another portion is seriously skewed, and the smallest bits? That's the truth."

It was all code, of course, for just be mindful of the sources. There were too many articles about how to make yourself magical or even worse.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:34 pm
"Incense is tricky - it usually has a purpose and I'd hate to think that could..." she gestured vaguely with a hand, "taint the purpose of it? I mean, I'm gonna admit when I think of good air, I think more of like..the salt air, y'know? It feels good to breathe and makes my hair all crinkly. But..." she put her phone down, deferring to Jeremiah's better judgement.

There were a few reasons that he was a functional adult and she wasn't. Experience being the most major of them.

"Does whatever it is need to stand on it's own or what?" she realized that sounded odd, and was about to sound even odder as she explained, "I remember reading a thing once about living air playing instruments on it's own. Sure, it was fiction," and she wasn't about to mention it was poisonous sentient air from a horror series, "but hey, a thought. Not a good one."

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:55 pm
"Meaning is everything," agreed Jeremiah, "but you would be creating something, attuning it to the purpose wanted." His fingers tapped his notebook. "Though I believe something like an incensor would be better as it could generate the air we need as if it had incense in it."

He was just throwing out ideas and visuals. His head tilted thoughtfully. "It may be best if it did, though I am not sure we would want something living. I say this because living things have wills and should it's will be opposed to what we're doing, it could create conflict."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:07 am
"Well, I was more thinking about something moving rather than living, but I see the point." This was tricky. What were people doing for the other elements? Did anybody know? "This would be easier if I knew what anybody else was doing so we could stay at least inside the same theme. Would it be weird to ask?" Was it against the rules to ask?

"I guess what I was thinking was something that evokes air, but perhaps isn't air itself. Like the idea of air moving through the instrument or the incensor and the air moving through it. But if we need actual manifestation of air..." her brows furrowed together.

She was going to throw a kite at the charter.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 pm
"I understand what you're getting at ..." Jeremiah's shoulders rolled a bit, flipping through the pages of the book he had. "It would probably be easier to look through the library at Court than here." A sigh escaped. "As for asking others? We could but there's always a chance of information being compromised or getting into the wrong hands. Mentioning what you're doing is one thing, stating the specifics another."

The fact of the matter was that this was a very delicate situation and Jeremiah was not certain most would pipe up about what they had made or used without it being in person. Then they would have to track down each person and-

"I'm in agreement, however, about the air moving through the item or is created by the item. With that in mind, it'd be a proper manifestation."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:16 am
"I'm gonna guess I can't go into that library because I just do weird things with keys and try to punch things," she said quietly, pointing at herself. "And I guess you're right. The internet has a way of...jinxing things." Like old email addresses she couldn't check anymore (but sometimes did for her own amusement. It was mostly spam). Maybe with the amount of work it would entail to get those details, it was easier to just hope they were doing it right.

"Yeah. Which leaves us with a few options. I wonder how hard some of that would be to find. Maybe I'm in for a flea market visit for ideas in the near future." because lord knew there were things found at a flea market that were just confusing.

Like live chickens. Why were you selling chickens at a flea market??

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:00 pm
"Actually, if you want to go, I can take you. I was going to recommend it, to be frank. There's more resources there and besides ..." His tips twitched. "It's the Mercer domain at Court.

"Not that a flea market isn't a bad idea but I would think we'd be better with one on the otherside than here. We would need something more legitimately magical in nature." There was amusement in his voice, mostly because he was thinking of snake oil and other things that were sold as genuine magical trinkets that were far from the source.

His offer to go to Court, of course, still stood.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:08 pm
She lit up. "I can go? Really?" It was likely an effect of the long term 'you can't go here' effect she'd spilled to him previously when it came to her college woes that spun such excitement in her, but it was still there. "I mean, I'd like to...."

"Wait, there's a flea market on the other side?" Cassandra tilted her head a bit at this information, imagining markets hosted by strange long-limbed creatures you couldn't see the faces of despite active attempts at looking as you gazed into their hoods, and baubles that looked like something that had once been a trashed knick-knack of an old one.

It was an appealing thought, actually.

"Well, if there is one it's worth visiting."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:07 pm
"Of course. We can go right now," Jeremiah chuckled, smiling a bit. His arm squeezed around her as he shifted to stand. He was clearly favoring one leg, not putting too much weight on it before he was plucking up the nearby cane. "I actually will do better at Court." The magic felt as if it helped speed along the healing process though that was likely because he wanted to he healed and not so bruised.

"Mm, we can ask Fell. I am certain there's likely to be one and, should it be on going, we'll go to it. See if we can find something worthy of being used for a manifestation of air."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:39 am
Cass wasn't sure if she should offer to help him stand or not, so instead lingered awkwardly around Jeremiah as he rose just in case. "I'm not sure who Fell is, but it'll be a good excuse to snoop around and see what we can find." Not that Cass wouldn't find everything strange and wonderful, but maybe something would even be helpful.

"So library first, flea market second?" she paused. "I'm going to guess you have a way of hopping over there purposely because I sure as hell do not."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:56 pm
Jeremiah stood easily enough on his own and with the cane in hand, was fine. "Fell is my fetch," he replied, "and handles affairs with Adze at Court for me while I am here."

His shoulders rolled, his fingers gestured for her to come closer. "I do, in fact, have a way for us to go over. Right now."

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces