Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] shot down in flames (jeremiah + others) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:49 pm
Serious matters

Shun complied, begrudgingly. But he complied.

A few hours would pass before he was able to return to resume his visit. He seemed a little tired. This was going to be a long week. He just knew it.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:49 pm
unwanted downtime

Jeremiah actually was alright in hospitals, even if they unnerved him to no end. Algie, on the other hand, was not a fan at all for obvious reasons. It was partially why he would try to get out as soon as possible.

"I do too," he replied quietly. "They're holding me for observation to make sure it's just ..." A hand gestured towards all the bruising. The cane that was nearby was obvious, however. Just like the propped leg was.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:54 pm
serious matters

When Shun returned, Jeremiah was sitting propped up with a tablet. His torso was bare, the bruising at his heart more than obvious, just like the rest of the bruising was. There was no abrasions, no broken skin, just bone deep bruising everywhere.

For all that Shun looked tired, Jeremiah looked more so. "So," he said, his tone conversational but his eyes bright, as he set down the tablet in his lap, "I assume you have some sort of explanation?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:59 pm
Serious matters

It was odd seeing Jeremiah like this. He was as tough as nails, and right now, he was looking kind of rough. His good eye settled on large bruise that had formed over the heart.

"Not really. At least not enough of one that would satisfy you. I can only infer that someone is trying to set me up," he stated calmly. His voice and facial expression remained as neutral as ever.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:01 pm
without the rigmarole

"First time I've ever seen you look more like s**t than I feel," Alexis said, surprisingly subdued; there was none of the usual sting to their voice. It wasn't the same emptiness they'd had when he'd taken them out of Court, at least; it was just the very tired acceptance, that this was how it was now, and maybe nothing ever really would get better, and sometimes it just was. (They looked like they hadn't been sleeping well.)

They folded themself into the chair -- that was the only word for it, really, legs hooked tight to the chair's own, hands in white-knuckled fists. "They almost wouldn't let me in." And that was why. "I think they thought I was gonna try t'kill you too." It wasn't funny. Alexis didn't try to act like it was.

A moment of quiet, and then -- "<********> Mercer."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:16 pm
serious matters

Jeremiah raised an eyebrow. "Try me, Shun, because they weren't trying to injure me, they were trying to kill me and, as you said, make you take the fall for it."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:28 pm
Serious matters

"That is about the extent that I can think of. Someone, somewhere, must have one hell of a grudge against me," Shun grunted. His tone darkened somewhat before he continued, "There are not many one can exploit to try and get to me but... there are a few avenues one could take."

His eye settled on Jeremiah again. The Chief of Police was one hell of a target.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:52 pm
unwanted downtime

"Of course," Eve replied sympathetically. "By the way, I've made some more progress with my little project. Could I borrow Hellbine sometime soon?"

azuredreams

cibarium
Crew

Noob

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:15 pm
without the rigmarole

Jeremiah rolled his eyes a bit, watching them as they took a seat and taking in their appearance. They looked small but they had since-

He sighed. "I doubt very seriously they thought you were going to kill me. It's actually close to being after visiting hours." Then, of course, the way they said his name.

"I'm quite alive, Alexis. Bruised to the bone in places but alive."

Daekie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:22 pm
serious matters

"Killing your boss and mentor," as that is how it would be seen, "and laying the blame at your feet would certainly send a message." Jeremiah sighed and let his head fall back. Shun was right, there were not many avenues. The man had few ties.

His eyes cut towards him. "I somehow doubt that you've no ideas about who." Jeremiah was well aware of Shun's history, had to be given that he worked for him. "The differences between you and the Shun you replaced cannot be that great."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:24 pm
unwanted downtime

"By all means," replied Jeremiah. "If he is not at home, he's usually out and about being a messenger or with Shiloh Beaumont." His lips twitched. "Apparently Hellbine has adopted him as a plant sibling."

cibarium

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:35 pm
Serious matters

"I do not know who tried to kill you," he said. It wasn't a lie. The actual gunman could technically be anyone, "But I intend on finding out."

Shun straightened up a bit, glancing to the door briefly.

"I do not know how many differences there are between myself and him... but it seems one thing may remain the same. There is a reason why I do not make friends," he stated quietly, "I hope you make a quick recovery."

With that said, he turned to leave.

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:45 pm
serious matters

Jeremiah stared and stared hard. The statements were not lost to him, nor were the implications. "Shun, this is not the time to be working solo. If there is someone," something about the way he said that, "that is doing this, my not dying will likely lead to more. It will possibly escalate and they will likely continue to try and lay the blame on your feet.

"They already were seen wearing a jacket just like yours and your alibi for this afternoon-" He shook his head. "Telling you to be careful is redundant but pulling back and closing in will do you no favors."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:20 am
calling in

azuredreams
snt u flwrs
hvng prblm w tatya or wld vst
stp dng stpd thngs tyvm

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:22 am
without the rigmarole

"Y'didn't see the way they looked," Alexis muttered bitterly, but left it at that. It wasn't like they could do anything about the way hospital staff looked at them, not when they didn't really want to be here in the first place -- loyalty overrode rationality.

"Yeah, and if you'd been a little less durable, had magic that didn't react instinctively? What then?"

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces