azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:11 pm
"Portable is probably better? Though it may not matter if it's not? Especially considering all that we're having to do to even destroy the old one? It's not something someone could easily do ..." Nasir had written down a list of things and set it on the table.

notes
POSSIBLE FOCI
Wood
Stones

- use multiple things to create the focal point
- possible use things with meanings that would help this go better?

Blade Kuroda

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 pm
"Portable would be better, I agree. Nothing too small, however."

Shun lightly tapped the table his laptop was set upon, thinking.

"As far as shapes go, triangles are the most structurally sound. Magic does like its rule of threes as well."

iloveyoudie
azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:50 pm
"So nothing bigger than a breadbox.." Wil was making vague shapes, some triangles, there was a pentagram somewhere, some cubes...

"A box? A book? A magical microwave? A small carving or totem?" The blonde was already making shape choices in his head, "What's a bread box anyway?"

azuredreams

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 pm
"... breadboxes aren't always boxes, you know? Sometimes they're just storange bin type things that hold bread and keep it fresh and-" Nasir shook his head with a laugh, taking a drink of his smoothie.

"Those are all good ideas, I think. Especially if we want to have it incorporate multiple things." Things, in this case, was stones or wood or herbs or-

Blade 5uroda

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:46 am
"Whatever it is, having most of the structure be made of wood, then inlaying gems or stones or whatever into it may be ideal, I think. Even with magic, wood might be easier to shape than stone."

azuredreams
iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:48 am
Wil went back for nachos and abandoned his drawing for a second, "Do you think there's any benefit to having the consent form or whatever seperate from the charter itself?"

Crunch crunch, fingerlicking, drinking.

"Like Melany is the charter but the fingerprints are on that other paper. Is that just cause you can't burn your fingers into her too? Or a safety precaution? With a book or a box the consent could be inside.. but on a totem or an object it seems we'd need a seperate sheet." Wil wiped his hands on a napkin, "Any thoughts on keeping it together or apart?"

azuredreams

blade kuroda

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:01 am
"Well if we do a box we could have it be inside? I mean ... bigger on the inside box or whatever." Nasir was not really sure about things being separate, whether it was a good thing or not. "Either way, I don't really have any thoughts on it. I mean we're all doing this in parts so maybe the magic will do something on it's own once we're all done and gathered together to make it."

He leaned and looked over at Wil's design, nodding towards Shun a moment later. "I agree with wood and then using stones as accents or whatever."

Blade Kuroda

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:32 am
Shun tapped his fingers on the table again, "I am not certain if having multiple pieces is good or bad. But we should focus on creating the frame... There is the matter of consent, and powering it, but with magic, it should not be too difficult to incorporate those things once everything is together."

Eyeing the nachos briefly, he took one.

azuredreams
iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:09 pm
"We'll also have to practice," Wil was already back at his sketchbook drawing up designs for boxes. One looked like a triangle, another like a star of david, another looked a bit like the box from Hellraiser.

"So we should probably make little dummy things to try first, before we make the official one?" Wil was well experienced in fabrication at least.

blade kuroda

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:34 pm
"We'll probably want to do that on the other side, right? Not here? I mean, we could try but magic works better over there?" Or so Nasir assumed, if only because headaches could still happen from too much warging on this side.

"Do we want to do that today? It's still early and we've just had some food ..." Nasir paused. "... though we probably should give it a day and gather some materials? So that we're not just trying to magic things from nowhere?"

iloveyouDIE

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:31 pm
"Prototyping definitely seems like a good idea with something like this," he nodded to Wil.

Tilting his head, he looked to Nasir, thinking.

"Sounds good."

azuredreams
iloveyoudie

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:04 am
"So I'll do more sketches.." Wil leaned for more nachos and crunched away, "And we can get together to gather materials like Nasir said.."

Maybe the next day.

"And then start with small things to see if they hold magic.." Hopefully Shun was good at that because Wil was still new to magic. He knew Nasir was good at it of course. "And work our way up. I bet we have something cool by the time we are done."

azuredreams
moving along

blade kuroda
maybe?

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
ashdown