Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] Definitely a (real) date (Oliver & Horace) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:23 pm
Horace felt like hiding his smile behind his hand. He was sure it must be a very silly-looking thing. This was just a practice date, so he didn't need to be so happy over it, didn't need to be so effortlessly charmed by Oliver. But he was. Hey, Oliver. You're cute.

"Sure, a booth." The waitress lead them over and set down two menus. Horace ran this thumb along Oliver's hand, then released it so Ollie could slide into the booth. "Is that corny?" he said aloud. "I like it. Plus, touch exposure, right? You're gonna desensitize me." Gotta touch me as much as possible, yeah?

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:53 am
    Horace we kissed. How much more touching do you want? Oliver laughed a little at the implications there. "But I guess you're right. You're making a lot of progress I think." He took a seat in the booth and set his bag down to the side. "It's uh... it's nice." Ollie scooped up one of the menus to look through.

"Does this place have any specialties?" Sure, it was just a little diner, but those were usually the best places, "I really like homestyle stuff..." His brow was busy and furrowed. Oh! Wait! Should I be calling you cute too? I didn't mean to be so rude...

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:40 pm
It's the quantity, not that it has to be all new, different things. Why - you wanna kiss me in this diner? After giving Ollie a sidelong glance, Horace plopped three tea light candles on the table and lit them. Atmosphere. He bumped his thigh against Oliver's giving him only a tiny shock.

"I'm trying to make progress. Feels weird." He pretended to thumb through the menu. "Honestly, they have really damn good waffles here - and french toast. I usually only eat b-bre-" You don't have to call me cute! Just... just whatever you want. Horace cleared his throat. You've got the cute covered, so maybe I should be 'devastatingly handsome'?

"-breakfast," he finished, belatedly. "The chicken fried steak is good, too."

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:41 pm
    Ollie had stopped looking at the menu in favor of watching the variety of expressions Horace was currently going through. Their legs knocked together in a shock—and Oliver did jump, just a little—but his expression was stable, eye's still wide and curious, the static coming and fading rather quickly. Since his lessons with Renard, Ollie was starting to get good at the notice-and-move-on thing.

He looked away when Horace was setting the tea lights out, "You won't think it's un-romantic if I order a chicken fried steak?" It sounded really good in the moment, "At least I don't feel bad about suggesting the same side of the booth thing. That's so much more corny..." Devastatingly endearing? I dunno...

Ollie looked over, though he wasn't speaking, not out loud. Would that be bad?—he glanced away—Quantity; if we're doing this exposure therapy thing, then we should do it lots, right? The menu was decidedly flipped up in front of his face; Oliver was all about privacy after all.

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:43 pm
"Chicken fried steak is delicious, and delicious food is the most romantic." He wrinkled his nose playfully at Oliver. "Clearly, I like the corny. And it's tried and true. It works. You should keep being corny." That'll just go to my head, Oliver. You know, you're pretty cute, yeah? Did I say that yet?.

Horace looked up. Okay, if the menu help up at just the perfect wasn't a sign... He reached out, jerking back as his fingertips touched Ollie's skin and let out a small shock. But he was determined and continued to slide his hand around the back of Oliver's neck. Horace sighed softly and leaned into kiss him. Lots and lots, maybe?

melancholies

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:37 am
    Lots Oliver agreed, But maybe not in a public diner. Dinner first, remember?

Ollie made a slightly motion—something a little less than a flinch—at the shock and Horace's jerking back, but he relaxed quickly afterwards. He was a lot more jumpy today than he was in the music room, but he wasn't about to point it out or complain; kissies, he was getting kissies, and that was great.

Oliver was also a rather candid individual at times, which is why he parted the kiss with a frank, "So what're you gonna order then?" He blinked, flushed, "Uh, going to... order, I mean." He settled back down into his seat, "I don't want the tea lights to burn out before we're done." I think you said that, but you can say it again. Besides, you shouldn't be afraid to believe stuff like that about yourself. Oops; another glance away.

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:34 am
Oh is that a promise? he teased. Horace laughed at Oliver's straight-forward question. It felt... refreshing, or something. He flagged down the waitress and she veritably nyoomed over to take their orders. Horace got a waffle, piled high with strawberries. And coffee, of course.

And, once she'd left: "The service here is surprisingly fast. I come here a lot." Reaching under the table, he poked Oliver in the thigh. "Cute isn't a word typically applied to me. I think it suits you, though."

melancholies

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:23 pm
    It can be? Ollie put his order in for the fried steak; why not? And then he settled in with his hands delicately in his lap. No more menu walls to sneak more kissing in, but he suppose that was alright. "I guess that's why the waitress keeps giving you silly looks then?" He laughed a little, "I think cute can be applied to a lot of things though, even if it's... unconventional?" He hmm'd, "Cuteness and beauty are all so subjective anyway; what does anyone even know? I think people should... be allowed to call themselves whatever they wanna be."

He sniffed.

"I guess maybe in terms of appearance you might be more... like... sharp? Like you have your own style and it's super silly but you still own it, and it's nice to see people with uh, that kind of confidence, you know?" He was looking down in his lap, "But your actions, and the things you do, and the stuff you say—" He looked at the tea lights, "—It's cute. And I think that suits you just fine."

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:43 am
"Yeah, she... uh, gets really interested whenever I bring someone here." His and Elliot's little display hadn't helped anything. "I don't bring very many. The food here is good, but it makes me want to monopolize it." Horace nudged Oliver's foot with his own, because he could. Their drinks came.

Being called cute by one of the cutest people ever made his face flame. He looked away from Ollie, then back, then away, then back. Horace made a sort of strangled noise and looked at Ollie's hands. He really, really wanted to hold one, but they were folded up in his lap and it would be awkward and he couldn't just grab one and - He settled for letting his hand drop onto his own thigh and leaning back to look at the diner's ceiling.

"Here's the part where I say 'no, you', which is entirely true. B-but I don't know what to..." You know you make my thoughts just spin around when I'm with you, yeah? "In a good way." He fell silent for a moment. "How come you only wear this sort of thing on your instagram?"

melancholies
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:19 pm
    Ollie tilted his head at that comment, "So you only bring special people here, right?" He laughed, finding it weirdly fun to tease, lips smiling and glossy as he sipped at his drink.

"I don't mean to get you all flustered," It was true, he really didn't, and he really hadn't expected Horace to react that way in the first place. Didn't mean he was upset about it, "But that's exactly what I mean, y'know?" Practice makes perfect, right? Horace's next question had his expression faltering again, but only slightly. His attention was turned back to his drink as he plucked up a straw, his movements slow and precise as he tore the wrapper off and dunked it into his water. There wasn't anything to stir aside from ice, but it didn't stop him from doing it anyway.

Repetitive motions; those were calming to Oliver.

"It's complicated," He said after much internal debate, "Sorry, I've never... really talked about it with anyone. I guess realistically it isn't much of a problem. I don't care what other people's opinions of me are." swirl, swirl "Except when I do, I guess." His hand stopped moving, eyes a little downcast, "Sorry, I guess that doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?"

"I want to be comfortable, but I want to blend in too I guess. Some days it doesn't matter, other days I can't even think about leaving the house wearing this sort of thing." He shrugged noncommittally. "My face isn't on my instagram, so I can pretend to be whoever I want I guess..." Sorry, is that too heavy for a first date?

The Semblance of Unity
+1 heart2heart

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:54 pm
Horace had moved his head to watch Oliver asking asking his question. The way he moved gave away some of his thoughts processes and, for a moment, Horace was a little regretful he had asked. But then Ollie was speaking, and he hung on every word, waiting for him to finish before saying anything.

"It's not too heavy or anything. Being able to talk about whatever is good." He took a sip of his coffee. "You don't mind attention, but you don't want attention. I get it... and instagram is a closely controlled space; you're the boss there, dictating what and how much people see." Horace debated for a moment and then looped his arm carefully around Ollie's shoulders, giving him a squeeze.

"I'm glad you wore this today, though. Is that odd?" His thumb moved idly on Ollie's shoulder. "What's most important is you be the most comfortable in whatever way you are. I do know if people stared, it's because of how adorable you look... though I can beat up any onlookers that make you uncomfortable. If you felt comfortable all the time, which kind of clothing would you prefer to wear?" Could still be both, of course. He tried to push a warm feeling at Oliver through the mental thought beam.

melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:03 pm
    He was nodding slowly with what Horace was saying, "Quite. That's a good way to put it." Horace had his arm around his shoulders and he looked up with a surprisingly amount of vulnerability behind his eyes. Still, he laughed, albeit a little shyly. "I don't think it's odd though, no."

The happy beamu seemed to do its job, because Ollie had practically melted afterwards, his posture easing visibly. "I...I guess if I could choose..." He was silent for a moment, his focus on the glass of water and the background chatter of the other diner patrons, "If I could choose... I'd... I'd really like wearing this sort of thing all the time." It was difficult to get out, but he managed, "It's just hard to feel comfortable in it, even if it feels right. It's easier to just... be unassuming, move through life with your goals in mind, keep yourself from distractions..."

"Or that's what I keep telling myself, anyway." He chewed his lip, "Maybe I'm just scared."

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:27 pm
Horace felt Oliver relax and he, too, relaxed a bit. "It's okay to be scared, you know." Horace was moderately frightened of literally everything. "What if you made... being more comfortable in your own skin-" He tugged at the shoulder of Ollie's shirt. "-one of your goals? To be yourself, whoever yourself is, you know?"

He hugged Oliver a little closer, if possible. "If you want, you could start small - wear one or two things closer to your 'inside' style, work up from there. And you know, if anyone ever said anything, I would knock 'em flat. Or Eli would," he added. Remember, he was supposed to be a good wingman. Plus, Elliot was a decent guy, legitimately.

melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:32 pm
    Ollie looked a little sheepish, "I think it would be a good goal to have," He murmured after a moment. He wasn't stirring the drink straw anymore, but he was restlessly turning it on the table, watching as it made cold condensation circles on the napkin-turned-coaster he had for it. "I always cared more about... I dunno." He sat up a little straighter, "Graduate high school, get perfect grades, graduate college... did you know I was double majoring back in my world? It was really hard when I found out I wasn't here." He laughed, "I almost panicked, like... like if I didn't try to fix it I wouldn't be good enough. But really, there's nothing to fix, it wasn't a problem in the first place."

"And... it's sort of like that for this too." He looked down at his painted nails, "I'll probably get looks, I guess, but Ashdown is a pretty accepting community. If anything, within our community—" He meant the magical one, of course, "—There's just some things I don't want to admit yet to myself..." Like the possibility of not being a guy.

"I'm glad I have both of you though." Ollie managed a little smile, "And my brother too, even if he's a moron, and Jamie... the whole pack really." He shook his head, "I feel selfish complaining when I have such large circles looking out for me... but, thanks Horace."

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:03 pm
Oliver was staring at his glasses, staring at his nails, but Horace was watching him. "The world change - is that what I can call it? - must have been super stressful." He couldn't imagine it. Everything was almost the same, according to those he'd talked to, but different enough to throw some people entirely off. For a moment, the thought that Oliver could world hop again crossed his mind. He frowned and forced his mind back on the conversation at hand just as the waitress dropped off their food.

"It's okay to take as long as you need figuring out what you want and stuff, Ollie. Annnnd, you know, having a lot of friends doesn't mean you suddenly don't get to complain or don't have a right to be confused or unhappy." Horace leaned over impulsively and kissed Oliver on the cheek. "I like when you can be happy. But you know I'll always listen to anything you wanna talk about." He looked down at his food.

"Should I tell Shiloh he's a moron, or do you think he already knows?" he asked teasingly.

melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces