azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:56 pm
"No, Sonny did not replace Sunny. Or, at least, I do not believe so. It's ... complicated." Not that he was not willing to explain further, just that it was not so simple as Sonny was Sunny. Perhaps it never had been so simple.

"Sunny's eyes were purple. I think Sonny's eyes might have a bit of green to them but then I did not really look too closely." An eyebrow was raised. "Is the one with green eyes the true Ascencion?" Or why else did it show her a green-eyed child.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:28 pm
"I have to guess so. There was a certain affection towards the green eyed child. It wanted me to see it through someone's eyes." Fox opened and closed a hand, recalling the tiny one she recalled in it, then frowning. It hadn't been her hand, after all.

"I don't know if it will submit to another inquisition unless I bring it something it wants....which I'm not exactly ready to throw people into it." Unless someone who wasn't in danger at all volunteered to go along. She didn't want to play that game, because who would actually volunteer for that mission?

"I mean, most magic users I know personally are from...I don't know, is there a word to define it? You're an exotic animal and I'm local wildlife?" Her mother probably would have defined it as perhaps an invasive species.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:48 pm
"So it showed you something? I assume ... you saw through the eyes of someone who cares greatly about them?" Still, if he was understanding this, Fox had spoken with pure magic essentially.

His lips twitched a little as she tried to phrase it. "I would suggest using the term visitor, as that is what we refer to those who travel to other ashdown but it applies to all. For me, it's the ... alpha world and this? This is the beta world. The world we returned to after the void." A pause. "I suppose you could say we're from the void, if you wanted. To differentiate. Those of the void and those of this world."

Blue-green eyes were bright, particularly vivid in color and glow, as they focused on Fox. "I agree that it is likely best to not take people to it. Unless you find someone you know for sure is from this world. Even then, I would still be concerned." He was flipping through his notes again, coming to the pages about Sunny's murder. It made him frown and part of him did wonder.

demon_pachabel
*makes note here about town history so as to not forget*

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 am
"Or at least she cared greatly about them. There was a trust that is usually only given to a parent or a well known caretaker." to be fair, Fox was even more confused about having spoken to pure magic. Pure magic that could be protective. Clearly whichever Ascension it was, was extremely important.

"Yeah, that was what I was getting at. Exotic wildlife from somewhere else," she gestured to Jeremiah, "and local wildlife," she turned her hand back to herself. "But I guess it's less words to use Alpha-Beta or Void-Native." She imagined it wasn't a common issue, though. How many people who knew about this were even a Native? Or a beta? Or a whatever.

"I feel like that's only an option if we get particularly desperate for information that will.." she shrugged, "I don't know. Hell, I don't know where the Ascension Shore it wants is going to be coming from if it isn't Sonny."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:32 am
Jeremiah paused at a particular note. "Ah, here. Sonny said their eyes used to be green," he said, looking back at Fox. "So take that as you will. Though there's a few other ... details that make this a bit more complicated in terms of figuring out who is native and who is from the void."

It was interesting to note the trust level, which Jeremiah wrote down. Not something that he would have expected out of the Sunny of the old world. She had, after all, denied all ties to Liam and Renard despite that she was theirs.

"Ascenscion Shore may be dead, at least the one it's looking for." His fingers rested against the pages of his notebook. "You're aware of the case, are you not? It has been kept quiet but most at the department are aware of the murder, if only because it was assumed to be both ritualistic and magical."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:11 am
She vaguely knew about the case. Not with as much loving detail as some other officers did, but she knew about it. Which mean that both Sunny and Sonny existed in this world to some extent.

"So both have existed here on this side," Fox said quietly. "So either the magic is expecting some odd Ashdown-Jesus-Nercromancy to occur," or knew it would, a strange thought, "or perhaps there's a reason Sonny's existence hasn't overlapped Sunny's."

She didn't want to overthink what she knew too little about, after all.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:44 pm
"I have been indulging the thought that perhaps ... it was this world's Ascenscion Shore that died, that our Sunny became Sonny. It would explain the eye color, among other things, as well as why they think what they do." Not that Fox would understand why he was coming up with that theory.

"There is another person, a young woman," he explained, "that is native but within her is the consciousness of someone from the world before. She was not even aware of this until someone inadvertently woke up the other consciousness."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:24 am
Fox wouldn't have had a standard of comparison if that was the case, unfortunately. "Would that explain anything about a crack?" she inquired. In fact, did anybody know anything about a crack?

"...You mean someone here? I....wonder how that would work," Fox said. That implied that consciousness wasn't exactly tied to the body as far as magical world swaps went. "I wonder if that would be something the Prison would throw a fit about too."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:37 am
"A crack? No but I believe, before our world fell apart, it was considered to be a crack. It, in turn, lead to three tears in the fabric of the magic that caused everything to warp." Jeremiah looked thoughtful, fingers tapping against the page.

".. and, yes, someone here. Part of me wonders what the Prison would do but it's tied to another matter of the Court," a capital C, a thing tied to other ashdown, "and the Charter that governs those who have developed magic along with an even more specialized skillset." He was writing things down before he stopped.

"The idea that there is a crack lends itself with a theory. It coincides with Ascenscion Shore being murdered being a native. I assume that, like the deaths of the teens from the old world, it would create a tear. Possibly in the veil, that which separates other ashdown from Ashdown." Not that he was entirely sure that was what it did but it was what he went with.

"I've been operating under the assumption that whomever murdered Ascenscion Shore was trying to disrupt the magic. Though I'm still not sure how they ties in within this world, given that there is no cage in this world, as I've come to learn, and it is not bound by the cycles."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:36 am
Fox had no notebook to take notes in, but after a minute she started to type into her phone very vague bullet points, as though to remind her when she looked at them later. Maybe she'd actually get a notebook in the future (it had been a whole night since it had been suggested, she hadn't had the chance yet, okay?), but for now, cliffnotes.

"I see. So we most definitely don't want to see if the Prison will try to take them in this instance," Fox noted, looking from Jeremiah's face down to her cellphone screen. Bento was still yowling from the room she'd been closed into. It was very similar to the 'WHY AM I IN A CARRIER' noise.

"So based off that theory...there's no way the Prison would say it was waiting for Ascension Shore if there wasn't a way she could return. It knows there's a crack," or was it only trying to prevent one? "and if her death caused it, it knows she's dead." Assumption, again, but this was based off of the information they had from a single conversation with it. "But somehow Visitors from this...'Alpha' timeline of yours supposedly will exacerbate this crack...or so it thinks."

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:24 pm
Bento was in a carrier because there was still a bit of breakfast left. Jeremiah was totally going to finish that bite he had left, taking a drink afterward.

"Ascenscion Shore is capable of anything. Absolutely anything. So it is very possible that they simply need time to ... rejuvenate." A breath escaped. "The question is how would we make the crack worse? Granted, it likely does not help that the other ashdown that now exists is not the one that was tied to this world originally. It's ours and I wonder if that's part of it. From there, anything is possible."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:30 pm
"That sounds potentially terrifying," Fox admitted. Both that Ascension Shore was capable of anything but also that they'd somehow supplanted their own 'Other' Ashdown over as well. "How do you tell if it's the original or not?" she asked. Would all of the denizens of that Ashdown have died too in such a merger?

So much death just to have a handful of people.

"It depends on what causes the crack in the first place, I guess."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:06 pm
So much death to stop a world from falling apart and cage one young woman. A world that was potentially not even the real world.

"... because I know someone who is native to this world and not from the void. The Court I spoke of? It did not exist in their other ashdown. At least, the Court that they had is not at all the Court that is ours."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:31 pm
Fox fidgeted nervously with her phone (she wasn't playing candy crush, she promised). "Man. So we just supplanted a whole magical government over too." she meant 'we' more of a general way where it didn't actually include her. Fox hadn't helped with anything besides talking to pure magic.

"I wonder if that court has anything to do in particular with the 'liars'. I mean....if the magic is on the other side, would it be more sensitive to that sort of a thing? So less than just everybody, the most 'in charge' of those who came over."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:19 pm
"It could be." Jeremiah admitted. "The Court is in flux because of the switching of worlds and the state of certain key individuals that are tied to integral parts of the Charter." His lips pressed together.

"... yet if it was tied to the Court and those part of it, I would assume that the bit that you have? It would've said more than just bad bone in regards to me." Right? Who knew.

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces