Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] walk on vanity ruins (algie & jeremiah & pride) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:02 pm
"You're left with what they can no longer process." Jeremiah should have come to that conscious conclusion earlier. If Pax was bleeding out magic and Noeh was without a connection to her magic, then Pride would reasonably be overwhelmed.

"If there's a way for us to help with that, we would." His lips twitched. "Aside from Algie's soothing hands." Jeremiah moved himself, sitting down as well because it was rude to tower over people who sat. "We are working on the Charter, dismantling the old one to implement a new one. A provision can be made for you, Pax, and Noeh to help." At least, that was partially what he had in mind. "Though that is one of the things we wanted to talk to you about."

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:37 am
Alg sat, legs folding under him, after Pride he took his hand. He made sure that only calm, focused and soothing feelings made it to the other. The extra clothing was set down as well, and nudged to the Pride's side.

"We're very conscious that this charter be done with full consent. And obviously we could go round with a clipboard but.." Alg snorted lightly at the idea of taking something around like a petition door to door, "we'd like to ensure, magically, that we're as thorough as possible."

He'd personally like to get them away from bloody thumbprints. They were simply a grim reminder of what had come before.

azuredreams

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:25 pm
"I don't know," said Pride miserably. He was holding Algie's hand anyway, and that was helping, but like... he couldn't exactly cut off one of Algie's limbs as some kinda protective talisman.

He rested his chin on his hand. "Yeah, signatures aren't really going to cut it," said Pride. "What're you thinking so far?"

iloveyouDIE
azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 pm
Cutting off limbs was kind of against what they were wanting to do anyway.

"We are not really wanting to follow the same path of a bloody thumbprint." They had given this thought. "Yet we need something that shows someone's consent. Something that shows they are alright with their magic being changed." Jeremiah glanced to Algie and then back towards Pride.

"I had thought of a symbol from each person but I am not certain that it would be feasible." Or that people could think of something. Still, he had thought about the Shore mansion back in the beginning, how their magic had given shape to a weapon for each of them. Something similar, something that was innate and a representation of them- that could work.

iloveyouDIE

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:31 pm
"Preferably not too complicated.." Alg glanced at Jeremiah. He knew for a fact the magic didn't come easily to all of them. Perhaps a way to simply infuse a bit of the person, of their magic, into the agreement, "But as little bloodshed as possible would be nice this time."

He didn't say none but that would be preferable.

"We know the sigil and charter creations were long ago but were hoping for slightly more expert advice?"

azuredreams

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 pm
"I wasn't really the creative influence there," said Pride, temporizing for a moment, before he shook his head. "Blood's a shortcut because it's easy, you know? It contains everything about you, your DNA, your hormone levels, your health... To get anywhere near the same information, you'd have to collect like, a treasured item from every person who consented to the casting, and they'd all have to be sensitized to magic, but not just any magic, that specific magic. So you'd need another shortcut..."

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:53 pm
"We'd have to get them to part with it as well," Jeremiah murmured. That would not necessarily be easy as some would not want to give things up, never mind the other complications that Pride pointed out.

"Another shortcut?" he glanced towards Pride. "I assume that the creation of an object from an individual's magic is still just as complicated and would need to be attuned." Sensitized Pride had said. "A drop of blood, a personal symbol ..." There was a shake of his head. They were trying to move away from blood but it was not necessarily easy to do.

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:12 pm
"I was thinking something along those lines.." Alg glanced at Jeremiah, "Something magically formed. Or an infusion of magic into something.. to mark it theirs.." But again he wasn't sure that wasn't too complicated given the time constraints and many people's varying ability and comfort levels.

"If we have to use blood," He really wanted to avoid it, "The less grim the better.."

Algie thought a moment, mind going to something like his Grimoire which was so evidently his but also something he was sure was the result of a great deal of work in it's creation.

"If a drop of blood does fine, is there a magical equivalent? Like a magical thumbprint?"

azuredreams

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:31 pm
"Yeah, I don't know," said Pride. "If you got all of them to devise a magical signature, maybe... Having something magically formed isn't enough, and just magically creating something isn't either. Just making something doesn't automatically make it representative of you, in totality, you know? But if they had a... sort of signature thing?"

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:52 pm
"Something indicative of who they are, a unique identifier of their magic and who they are." Jeremiah looked thoughtful. His hand was held out and above it flickered the Mercer family crest cast in cold fire. In another moment it changed, personalizing it towards himself more.

"When you worked on the original Sigil, was there anything required from you? A show of your consent?" He did not think so but it never hurt to ask.

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 pm
"Which may not be so easy for everyone.." Algie observed. Even for himself it would require thought, though he knew for him it would likely be written. Or at the very least his script. It was too much to the core of who he was. To infuse one's being, to condense their essence truly, would not be easy.

"And should we have to use something simpler.." Blood. Spit. Was spit an option? A collected jar of magical spit, "Is there any magic to go with that? Sealing it?"

azuredreams

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:14 pm
"Well, yeah," said Pride. "You're kind of signing everyone up for more work than you're saving them, since you don't want to use blood."

He shrugged. "Yeah, so, I actually wasn't involved in the casting so much. I designed the original sigil, and fed my magic into it because I put so much of myself into it. But not everyone's going to be there for making something, you know?..."

He rubbed his free hand over his forehead. "What do you mean?"

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:45 pm
Jeremiah was not opposed to blood, he simply wished to explore other avenues first. It was, as Pride said, a shortcut. Easy and obvious and if there was another method that was always worth pursuing.

"Not everyone was present for the creation of the Charter as well." Thumbprints had been gathered after the fact, to complete it, blooding the Charter and giving it power over them all; their fates sealed with it.

A glance towards Algie was given before he spoke again. "I believe Alg is asking if, once consent is given form and placed to the Charter, does it need to be sealed? I would assume that it doesn't need to be. The act of placing it upon the Charter itself takes care of that, doesn't it?" Never mind that they were going to be binding power to the Charter. That would also seal things in.

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:45 am
"Yes..." That's what Alg had meant, "Given the assumption we don't follow a normal avenue. If we are talking DNA I could equally swab my cheek or spit on a piece of paper.." Which sounded gross but was equally plausible for identification. "In an ideal scenario we don't need anything more than a minor effort on the consenting person's behalf but I'm just making sure we aren't missing anything."

He'd hate to get there only to find they missed a piece and something wasn't working.

"What about memories?" Alg finally asked. "I've come across items that triggered or were infused with personal memories not my own. Would memories be able to be shared and placed into an object?" They would be personal to those who shared them but he didn't know if they would be lost, how important they would need to be. Perhaps even the communal memory of them all creating or agreeing to it.

But again he had no inkling how those sorts of things worked and even the books of memories he'd encountered, Alg had no idea the origin of. They had yet to even know what form the new charter would come in.

azuredreams

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:55 pm
"We got consent for it beforehand, though," said Pride. "We had to, to get the blood to bind the two pieces of the charter together." He fell meditatively silent. "If you don't have a bifurcated charter then you shouldn't need anything like a seal. And anyway, spitting in an open wound would have been disgusting."

Pride shrugged. "I mean, maybe? But memories encountered through books are made through the magic of the original seal, which is broken, or out of a lot of time and effort, again. And it'd be something given up--so that memory would be gone forever, given up to power the new magic."

azuredreams
iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas