Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] Rejoice Although This World (Melany & Horace) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:43 pm
Melany considered this. She was chewing a piece of sashimi at the same time, but she was definitely also considering Horace's assertion. It was easy to tell that she was thinking, too; her gaze darted about, because Melany Dubhslaine was one of those unfortunate, embarrassing people whose face said 450% of what she was thinking at any given moment. At this particular given moment, she was thinking: I still don't see the problem.

Or rather: she saw it, but she also saw the solution.

"You like them both, or you like like them both?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:59 pm
"I... I don't know? F-for sure?" Horace couldn't bring himself to admit anything, really. He definitely likes kissing Oliver and... and the thought of kissing Elliot was... he felt his ears grow hot. "And it doesn't matter because I kissed the man Elliot loves and I'm trash!" His skin felt tight.

"They are perfect for each other, and I was supposed to help them get together and now... now. UGH."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:05 pm
"And the man Elliot loves kissed you back and liked it," said Melany. "It's a good thing you came to me. I know exactly how to fix this."

She put her chopsticks down, and pointed at Horace. "You're going to communicate with them."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:11 pm
Horace looked at her like she'd grown three heads, each more horrific than the last. "And say what. Oh, Eli, so sorry old chap, but I kissed the guy you loved! It was pretty cool, so I can see why you're so taken with him." Then he shot her finger guns before slumping again.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:15 pm
"Uh, maybe not the old chap part, and maybe not that you're sorry," said Melany. "You are terrible at this." Said the girl obsessed with a guy who got drunk at official parties. "Well, you want to kiss them both, is what I'm guessing? And you're like, oh noooo, Melany, I can't kiss them both, I am so wrong for it, but you aren't even like, asking Oliver or Elliot what's going on with them and how they feel about it? What if both of them want to mack on you just as much as you want to mack on them? I mean, not everyone is polyamorous, maybe you're not either? But like, it's worth a try, don't you think? It'd be polite to kinda put your cards on the table that way, I think."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:31 am
"Because I already know how they feel about each other. It'd be ruder to declare any kind of intentions." Horace sighed. They were good guys; neither of them deserved someone like them.

"So really, I just... need advice on how to stop."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:08 pm
"Okay, but you don't know how they feel about you," said Melany, who was trying very hard to be reasonable, and who had an expression on her face like her heart was breaking for Horace. "I mean, do you want me to ask? Because I will. I am such a good wingman."

For some reason, she shuddered after saying that, and paid more attention to her sushi. "Sorry," she said, "I just had the worst feeling of deja vu? Like I've said that to you before..."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:57 am
He sighed heavily. "I don't.... I don't think I want to know." Knowing meant rejection or, possibly worse, acceptance. He didn't deserve either.

Horace glanced up at her shudder, worry flashing across his face. "Well... there were other cycles. Maybe you were the best wingman before, too." He smiled a little, but it was kind of sad. "How's your back?"

"Also, I have a practice date with Oliver soon. Do you think I should cancel?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:01 am
Yeah, okay. Melany was definitely going to ask one of them. Horace could see it in her face if he wanted to. "It hurts," she said. "But it's nothing I can't han--what? No! Horace, if you cancel, he's gonna think you're weirded out by the kissing thing, and then he's going to avoid you. Then you won't even get to be his friend. That's like, the worst thing."

Also, it totally wasn't a practice date. She could tell.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:50 pm
He frowned at Melany. "Is it worse? Should Shilo- What, would he really?" Horace looked horrified by the thought of Oliver dropping him like a hot potato. "I don't wanna not be around him, even if I.. can't, y'know."

"Then... should I go on a practice date with Eli, too? To... to make it even?" Horace was confusing himself.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:51 pm
Melany said, "Yeah, I mean, what would you think? If Oliver tried to cancel on the date now? I mean, I know the Beaumont twins. Oliver would drive himself crazy. Up a wall. Up three walls! You can't cancel, Horace."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 pm
Horace quickly scrubbed his hand across his face. "Okay, okay - I won't cancel. I mean, it's just for, for practice, anyway." He swallowed. "I'll even give you a play-by-play when I get back." He gave her a weak smile and let out a small laugh.

"I'm suddenly way too tired... Let me see your back before I go upstairs, if that's okay?"

shiborgane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:21 am
"Sure," said Melany reluctantly. She pulled the hem of her shirt up, exposing the mark. As ever since Shiloh's intervention, the whole area of skin above her shoulderblade was discolored, like a massive bruise. The stitches were holding everything together, but that didn't seem to stop the wound from trying to reopen itself below her skin. If the Spinel Lady lived in that marking, she was trying to get out. "Don't touch it, though," she said, "It feels really gross when there's pressure on it."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:08 pm
"Nah, I don't wanna shock you, anyhow." He hissed when he saw the full extent of her back. "Maybe you should get Shiloh to refresh the lock. It looks like a giant bruise." Well, it honestly looked worse than that.

"Would it help if we got you one of those curved pillows - or the donut ones? Can't be easy to sleep with it."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:46 pm
"I sleep on my stomach anyway," said Melany, half-laughing. "Thank you, Horace. You're sweet."

She wasn't going to bother Shiloh. Who knew what would happen if the lock came off?

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces