[PRP] A Silent Arpeggio (Oliver & Horace) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:05 pm
    "Evil? I suppose everyone did react to him appearing in the void..." His expression fell slightly, the look somber on him rather than sad. The thumb gently moving against his cheek had his eyes drifting shut, and for a moment he looked peaceful. Trusting. Like he didn't have a twenty foot wall in front of him. There were many ways to a Beaumont's heart, but the biggest one for Oliver was touch, even if he hated to admit it.

It was easy to see how it could be taken advantage of.

"But he seemed very cordial. Scholarly." Oliver sighed pleasantly, "I don't want an opportunity like this to go to waste. I—" He sucked in a deep breath, "I never wanted to be magic, but if there's anything I can do, then I need to do it. I'm so tired of people moving on without me." He sounded... bitter? But not quite; it was a soothed petulance, the kind that did sound a little sad.

"I'll text you though, if it helps you. The address too." His fingers were wiggling a little bit, his other hand feeling a little lonely, "I'm not dumb though, it'll be okay. I might not look like it, but I've dealt with my fair share of unfortunate events." He smiled—just a little—eyes still shut.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:32 pm
"He was trying to, um, tamper with something, and that's why the first sigil was made and..." He trailed off. Oliver's face looked so peaceful and still, if a little - it wasn't quite sadness, but it was almost. It made Horace want to tell him everything was going to fine, that Oliver was fine.

He huffed a little, the sound almost a chuckle. "I know you're not dumb, Ollie, but you're dealing with a worrier. Yeah, I'd, I'd like it if you texted me." The way he'd pressed his face into Horace's hand was almost too much. It made Horace want to- His eyes moved over Oliver's face, his pale eyelashes, his soft skin and dandelion hair, his -

"Take this opportunity, then, but... you know you're enough, right, Oliver? You're tougher than people think you are, and I-" He leaned in close, closer. Close enough that Oliver could probably feel his breath fanning across his face. "Oliver..." Then his eyes widened and Horace jerked away, his hand sliding off of Ollie's face. His other hand remained tangled in Oliver's and he stared, looking completed bewildered, at the young man. What had he been trying to do?

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:43 pm
    Well, weird limbo fantasy time was over. It was true—he could feel the tough, the breath, the proximity closing in—and for a single goddamn second of his life he didn't care. Had he been a visual artist or perhaps an author, he figured he could write great details about what it really felt like to toss all inhibitions to the wind, but that was just Oliver Beaumont acting as a pretentious idiot.

No wait—

Because the moment was over, and Oliver had only been vaguely listening to what Horace was saying, and suddenly the reality of the situation was catching up to him. How did 'hey, so about that thing at the meeting' turn into 'be careful of weird old guys' turn into whatever the ******** that was. Now his mind was spinning a mile a minute.

"I-I...?" His eyes were snapped open now, face heated up in an incredulous blush. Be cool. Be cool. "Sorry—Sorry, sorry... I'm enough, sure, absolutely, absolutely. We're our own worst critics, right? Absolutely. So you would know, surely. Absolutely." He was rambling.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:16 pm
Horace blinked owlishly, finding it kind of hard to concentrate on Oliver's words. Ollie's face was flushed; he was rambling; so soft, how soft? he thought. Horace could've sworn he'd heard Oliver say something about waiting, but that was ridiculous. He could feel his ears burning and his heart pounded in his chest.

But it was so, so hard to concentrate on anything at all except... He reached out and placed two fingers against Oliver's lips. "I know," he said. "You're fine." More than fine. I wish- He didn't finish the thought, glancing away from Oliver a bit. Still, he glanced back at him. Horace dropped his hand.

"S-sorry.You know how it is, um, hands just acting of their own accord and yeah. Yeah." Ugh. "You should text me and, yeah."

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 pm
    Ollie blinked. Sometimes Eli had touched him like that too.

But he didn't speak until the hand had fallen away, his head tilting to the side, his eyes still wide and deep blue like storm clouds. "Are you sure?" He blurted out suddenly, except then he balked and turned his head away. He was pretty sure this kind of stuff only happened in movies. Then again, Horace loved romance movies, so maybe that's why. Maybe he was in a movie the entire time.

"It seemed deli—...I mean, I didn't mind it, my apologies..." He spoke quietly, though his hand was slowly unlatching Horace's and his other was starting to fuss with his jacket sleeves. "I'm fine, you're fine. Right?"

He'd hit that point of 'so much energy that it calmed him', his actions more shy than anything. Except then he kind of laughed, the sound a little nervous, but a little amused too.

"You still haven't shocked me, I mean." He noted aloud. You're silly.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:47 pm
Horace made a slightly strangled noise. Oliver said it was fine, but he was pulling his hand away, pulling away. It wasn't fine. He'd gone and done something stupid, again. Horace was always too impulsive. I'm so stupid.

"I'm fine." He wrinkled his nose at Oliver. "I mean if you want to be shocked, that can be arranged." He poked his finger into Oliver's thigh. Nothing. Then Horace, frowning, pressed his entire palm onto Ollie's thigh. That was weird.

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:03 am
    Ollie blinked, and then he laughed again, sounding kind of sweet. Endeared. "You're still not shocking me, Horace." His posture was relaxed now, though his hands were still messing with his coat sleeves, especially now that he had both hands free. You're not though. I heard that.

Despite not speaking, Oliver still cleared his throat as if he had. Truth was that his mouth was kind of dry. "That's a good thing though, right? It means you're getting more comfortable?" After a moment of consideration, he poked the hand that was still present on him. Not wanting to press his luck, he settled for placing it palm up next to it. His fingers wiggled. See? Fine.

"You're still gonna take me on that not-date right." What? It seemed like a good time to ask.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:57 am
Am too stupid. Didn't mean for you to hear, though. He looked down at his hand, wondering at why it didn't feel bad. It felt, quite possibly, the opposite of bad.

"I guess so, but I... shock almost everybody else." Looking up, he rolled his eyes at Oliver and moved his hand to cover Oliver's. "Stop being so wiggly. Of course I'm still taking you out. I never go back on a promise to make you feel special." He smiled warmly, eyes crinkling in amusement. The mention of the not-date had distracted him from thinking he was truly stupid (he'd play it over... and over and over later, in his head).

"Do you have any special requests?"

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:43 pm
    So? I'm glad I heard it. He flushed a little, I mean, you know the saying, 'I'm not a mind reader?' except this kinda makes it like that. Pause. I'd rather address things than let it stew.

"Sorry," He said suddenly, "We're like, having two conversations at once." His fingers were still wiggling too, just a little. "But hey, I like not being shocked..." wiggle wiggle, "Um, I'm not fond of movies. I-I mean, like, theaters, it's fine when we watch them at home. Quiet places, you know? It doesn't have to be fancy." Why was he putting so much thought into this?

"Bonus if it has good dessert. I like sweets." He thought for a while, "Or good tea, but I can go without the tea. Can it be a place with window seats? Or music for ambiance?"

His face flushed again suddenly, "Or... like..." His free hand started to thrum on his other leg.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:28 pm
I'm the most thicc stew ever, Ollie. He wrinkled his nose. Maybe I should just let my thoughts roam freeeeeeee. Nah. Oliver didn't need to see the things in his head. Horace glanced down at Oliver's wiggly fingers and felt the corners of his mouth twitch. Oliver was rambling again.

"I wasn't gonna take you to the movies," he said, well aware that the 'we' in Oliver's sentence meant him and Eli. "I'd rather watch them at your place." He should bring over Pride & Prejudice sometime. It was good Oliver liked sweets; that was something Horace could always do. Baking was easy. Window seats, check.

Horace arched one eyebrow a bit. "Or? Keep going; it's important."

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:37 pm
    Ollie huffed, but he didn't entertain Horace's line of thought. Instead he was obviously putting off whatever it was he was going to say, head swirling around with a bunch of thoughts. He was trying so hard to keep them to himself, so hard; or maybe he was just overthinking things.

"Or..." He huffed again, "You can finish whatever you were trying to start just now. But it's not a requirement. I just mean—practice makes perfect, right? So..."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:41 pm
Horace's eyes widened and he could feel the flush creeping up his neck. His eyes dipped to Oliver's lips and back up. He waffled, chewing on his own lip, thinking a thousand things until he just.. stopped.

"Yeah, I... I guess you're right, huh - sounds like a challenge," he said, his hand slipping around to the back of Ollie's neck. No shock. Horace took a deep breath, giving Oliver just a bit of time to move back if he needed. "Practice makes perfect." Then, before he could talk himself out of it, he gave in, leaned forward, kissed Oliver.

Open your mouth, Ollie.'

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:49 pm
    Take me to dinner first! Rude.

Not that it stopped him from returning the kiss, not really. What he had said before was validated now; was he experienced? To an extent. Perfect? No, but he knew what he was doing, and that's all that really mattered. To that end, he wasn't about to start macking off in a practice room, but he still felt all light and fluttery and... kind of weirdly happy almost?

He was positively melting.

"I should probably get back to my composition." He said aloud, though he had only pulled back just enough to speak, his breath probably palpable on Horace's lips still. It was a trick he learned from Eli, which was to say just something he picked up on whenever the b*****d from his time wanted something. Not that Oliver was particularly wanting, but he also didn't want Horace to panic. Last thing he wanted was to die via electrocution through saliva.

But that was nice.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:28 am
He almost laughed at that. I will! But he was too busy concentrating on kissing Oliver to think much more of anything else. His eyes slowly opened only when Oliver pulled back. He was saying something, something... Horace leaned back in to kiss Oliver.

You're nice. And he really didn't want to stop kissing Ollie, but Oliver had pulled back, but what if he was forcing him? Horace jerked back, anxiety suddenly skittering down his spine. He wasn't supposed to be doing this, and especially not with Oliver.

"S-sorry," he said, pulling down his hands away to run them through his hair. "Uh, composition, yeah." Horace fell silent for a second, kind of disturbed by the fact that he wanted nothing more than to kiss Oliver again, despite the sort of nagging guilt that was eating at his gut. "Can you play it for me?"

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:24 pm
    That was kind of strange; Horace pulled away completely and Oliver felt just a little cold. It was nice while it lasted, at least. He was almost certain this would come back to bite him later, when he was laying in bed trying to sleep, only to remember this exact same moment. And then he would undoubtedly try to smother himself with his own pillow, but it wouldn't work, and he'd wake up the next day and be sort-of over it.

As it was...

"I asked for it." He said, "Don't say you're sorry, it's unbecoming. Own it." Oliver swung both of his legs over the piano bench so he was facing the instrument again. "Anyway, what I have right now is really vague and incomplete. I could probably play something else though..." He tapped his chin.

"Do you know the Gymnopédies? By Erik Satie. It's one of my favorites because it's so... simple, but somber. I prefer the first part to the other two." I think you're pretty nice too. Mostly.

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces