azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 am
Nasir let out an oomph, hand going up to press against Bento and make sure she did not topple. The sting of claws made him let out a hiss of breath but then he was focusing on Fox again.

While petting Bento.

"Yeah, he's friendly with some people. Not that I've really ... figured out why." His eyes glanced to said Trouble jacket pouch and back up to her face. "His name is Trouble," he told her, "and, um, he's mine."

Not that the little guy was waking up. He had found a good nap spot.

Nasir was not quite sure how to explain the entire I wasn't actually there watching you but I was because Trouble was bit.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:20 am
Bento purred and kneaded Nasir's shoulder, bumping the side of her head into his affectionately. Hello new friend.

Don't be mom. Don't be mom.

Fawn Bliskiss telling a 7 year old Fox that wild baby ducklings were NOT pets and you GO TAKE THAT BABY BACK TO IT'S MOTHER OR SO HELP ME- was firmly in the back of her mind. There were very few instances in which it was acceptable - such as a human raised wild animal. Was this the case?

"Does he get handled by...people a lot?" Fox asked, swallowing down the spiritual-nag of not-spirit-mom telling her she should tell Nasir off for keeping a wild animal as a pet. Wasn't her business and...well, it was legal to keep a Southern Flying Squirrel as a pet in Massachusetts Pach just googled it to make sure.

"I see well....I think he's sleeping, but if you want to come in for a bit, I'll work on getting both of our critters removed from each other."

Bento was not going to move.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:33 pm
"Ah, okay ... I don't want to be a pest but thank you," Nasir said quietly, looking sheepish as he nodded to coming in. A hand was kept on Bento, scratching and making sure she did not get too jostled in his movement.

"Sometimes his stomach leads him places but ... he only gets friendly with certain kinds of people." The way he said certain kinds of people likely implied people with magic. Not that Nasir knew how to explain being a warg to someone he did not know. He couldn't assume that everyone on the police force had magic.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:12 am
"I'm more surprised he didn't smell Bento and skitter off in the other direction," Fox admitted as she closed the door behind them. Bento just purred obliviously as she was mentioned, butt perking higher up into the air in approval of the scritches she was receiving.

"So people not so much like myself? Maybe someone more like the Chief Mercer?" Fox had picked up that tone of voice. Though Fox herself had a little unknown magic of her own (she just hadn't been hit with anything hard enough to find it yet).

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:56 pm
"Well he sleeps in a house with a ferret and this cat," Hellbine, "visits sometimes ..." Nasir's eyes widened a little bit at the mention of Chief Mercer before he nodded his head.

"I don't, ah, really know who has magic and doesn't, so I ... have to be careful." His hand rested against Bento, as if it was comforting to do so. "People don't really know I have magic." To be entirely clear, he was assuming that Fox had magic. Kind of.

"Trouble is my familiar."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:33 pm
Fox shrugged lightly. "I'm a police officer. I'm somewhat expected to know magic is around. I don't have any gifts myself, though." the most she had going for her was a watercolor tattoo on one wrist.

"Familiar?" Fox still had the jacket on, considering the best option as to take it off without just jostling the poor guy into a scare.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:13 pm
"Yeah but knowing about magic and knowing who has it is different. It isn't like this is the X-men universe and there's some kind of magical equivalent to the mutant registration program. That would ... be really bad, I think." His nose wrinkled up at the thought but it was pushed away. Nasir tried to not think about how scared some people were of magic.

"Familiar," he repeated to her question. "Like, ah ... Do you watch Game of Thrones? Read it?" That would kind of make it easier to explain if she had.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:00 pm
Unlike certain people sorry Cass, Fox knew about Game of Thrones...or rather was caught up on the books. "Been reading the books. Haven't read the newest one, but I know the basic jist of it." Where was he going with it?

Besides maybe a way to not spook a squirrel in her jacket.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:07 pm
Nasir kept looking to the pocket of her jacket every so often but he was more focused, for the moment, on Bento on his shoulders (and not getting more claw marks). "Oh. Finally," sighed Nasir.

"I've said that a few times and no one's- Uh, I'm rambling. The Stark children. They're all wargs, you know? Except that they see through the eyes of their direwolves. In my case, it's Trouble. He's my familiar because I have a bond with him that lets me ride along with him and, um ..." His face darkened as he blushed a little. "I can also understand him."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:13 pm
Fox laughed slightly at Nasir's relief. "I'm aware they are. That's about how it's explained in the books, so really just the word 'Warg' could have done it." Though his clarification of the rules in the real world was appreciated.

Man. That actually sounded sort of nice sometimes. Being a mental tag-along. "Is seeing through the eyes of Trouble..different? Like, they talk about how dogs and cats see the world differently..tv framerates not being high enough or something. Do you see it differently because you're plugged in?"

Do you get demonically possessed from astral projection?

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:17 pm
"I know but- I mean not everyone gets that? So I'm kind of used to just spelling it out that way." His nose wrinkled again but he was smiling, almost immediately put at ease by Fox's understanding.

Nasir nodded. "Yeah, the world is a bit different to him. So when I see through his eyes it's ... I can't really explain it. Different really is the best way to. It's also because what he wants to focus on and how he perceives things are different than mine. Like food is high priority. So are noises that might be predators."

Let's not bring that one up again, Pach.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:37 pm
"Does it feel that way?" would it be different to be higher up on the food chain? Or threatened by cars and usual normal technology that animal minds didn't evaluate the same way? Would it be fun to be on board like that?

"So it's sort of like those movies they've made with the first person cameras only a bit more stable." AKA your brain was also adjusting with your ride instead of stuck with a shake-y camera from hell. That'd be a headache. "Sounds like it could be nice. A little."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:09 pm
"It does. I am more alert of things that are dangers when I ride along." Nasir looked thoughtful. "... but on the other hand, I know what it feels like to glide through the air and see all the little details that are noticed by him but not me."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:57 pm
That sounded fascinating.

"How did you manage something like that? It doesn't sound like something that just kinda....happens."

Except it did.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:03 pm
"... it actually did," Nasir laughed a little bit. "For me, at least. Other people have trained for it but you have to have a warg teach you."

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces