Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[?] The Conference (Main Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:30 pm
    Why was Ollie sitting by himself? Because he was being a crybaby peepants, that's why. The second Horace's thought hit his head he immediately sat up straight, turned his head around like a stool swivel, and then furiously began to rub at his nose like he'd just fallen face first into poison oak.

What? His head eventually stopped turning. There weren't that many people in here after all, and his attention fell back to the warg table. You? He reached up to lower the sunglasses a little, just enough so the top part of his eyes were visible. Wait, can you hear this?

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:04 pm
"Shouldn't I sit with you?" Temperance paused, looking at Rabbit. "Ah, I mean.. it's okay if you don't want me to... my track record in meetings isn't the best, I guess." He probably would rather not be associated with her. She grimaced, quickly changing the expression to some more pleasant as Algernon and Jeremiah entered. She bobbed her head at them before switching her attention back to Rabbit.

Hesitating, she shuffled her feet. "I'll just... yeah." Temperance walked to one of the windows and tucked herself inside the seat there. She wasn't sure about sitting at the noble table and certainly didn't belong at the other two. Her long legs looked a bit awkward, tucked up against her chest.

--------------------------------------------------------

It's me. Didn't know you could do it back! He leaned over to be seen past Felt and waggled his eyebrows at Oliver. Then he lifted his hand in a small wave.

Neat shirt. Are you coming yet? He jerked his hand to the seat at his left. Then he looked up at Felt.

"Don't you want to sit, too?" He patted the seat on his right. Surely it was fine. The assigned seating had to be just a suggestion.

melancholies
smerdle
shibrogane
felt frand
iloveyoudie
nod
azuredreams
nod

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:09 pm
Felt's mouth twisted. It was literally hte only visible part of Felt's face, so, well. "You want me to sit, master?" It sounded masculine. Maybe. The voice was deep, and had a slight accent, faded to unidentifiable by however long he had been a corpse.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:19 pm
"I-" he paused a moment to frown. "-am not your master." Cheeky fetch. "I just thought sitting might be more comfortable than helicoptering around silently." Horace pushed his glasses up to look at Felt.

"Up to you, dude. I thought you guys would've gotten a table, or like seats over in noble-land."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:21 pm
"I have ******** manners," said Felt. "You don't sit when you're working, dude, and at any rate the party for us is downstairs."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:26 pm
"Well, I hope it's more fun than this one." He shot a look at Oliver. Come save me; this is awkward. "Like, if I just give you my tonfa, would that get you out of babysitting duty?" He was antsy and that made him talk more and lucky, lucky Felt just happened to be the closet person to hear that chatter.

"I didn't mean to make you have to watch me." Horace shrugged.

melancholies
help him
shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:30 pm
    Oliver watched the exchange between Horace and the fetch as he pushed the glasses back up onto his face. When the voice came back into his head, he started to furiously rub his nose again. Are you sure? He went back to looking around the empty table he was situated at. Maybe I don't want to. He frowned, but was pushing himself up. It implied the thought hadn't meant to send.

I'm not trying to do it. He admitted, This is like the third ******** thing that's come up this week, but at least it wasn't the most annoying. His senses were totally ********, never mind his hands, and any thoughts of sleeping were dashed because he was suddenly acutely aware of every dead moth that happened to stumble into Nosey's yearning jaws.

Regardless, Horace was having a hell of a time. Apparently.

He quietly shuffled over, waving to Nasir out of familiarity, and then looking at Felt awkwardly. "Uh." His nose scrunched up. He looked exceedingly uncomfortable in body posture alone. Except then the ******** tonfa came up again and Oliver shifted into utter exasperation. There aren't even any glass doors here, His eyes rolled behind his glasses, Does he bring that thing everywhere? "Am I... interrupting something." It didn't sound like a question, good job deadpan Oliver.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity
your fault

azuredreams
awkward wave

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:12 pm
"I didn't mean..." He sighed. "s**t."

Returning Algernon's nod on the way past, Rabbit crossed to the noble table and grabbed a stool which he half dragged over next to Temperance's window. The first scrape of wood on wood earned a wince. The rest he ignored. He took a seat facing the room, continuing their low conversation even though he wasn't looking at her.

"Your track record is better than mine. Maybe not on the getting-threatened-by-dictators front, but at least you fight for what you want. I just thought you might know somebody here and want to talk to them again for a little while. But if not, well, now I'm sitting with you. So there." He rested his notebook on his lap and crossed his arms, leaning back against the wall and closing his eyes.

The Semblance of Unity
iloveyouDIE
noddles

Smerdle

Scamp

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:28 pm
Lily hadn't really planned on an outfit for the conference regarding the charter: she'd just assumed that the court would do all the heavy lifting fashion-wise and that her efforts would be for naught. So when she crossed over the static doorway in no makeup and gym clothes and they didn't magically billow out into a ballgown, she made a face and smoothed out her dark leggings, admittedly a little disappointed.

Her eyes glazed over the slowly assembling crowd, expression impassive and unsure. There were assigned seats, sure, but Lily wandered over slowly towards the warg table specifically to thread her arms under Nasir's for an affectionately sweaty post-gym hug.

"Hey, check out who's at the nerd table," she jeered dryly, giving the meat of his arm a soft noogie. "Maybe this meeting won't be a total s**t-show."

azuredreams
hi nasir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:58 pm
Jeremiah had known but- He had never thought to say anything, to bring it up. Lara being alright in this reality had been one way to confirm things - such as the lack of Blackfriars - but there was so much going on and some part of him had kept away. Had never reached out and what interaction happened due to work was polite and normal.

He inclined his head towards Rabbit and Temperance as well, polite nods for them both, before he followed his husband towards the warg table. It was, apparently, where everyone was gathering. Probably because, if his eyes told him everything, that was where everyone nice was. America, Lara, Nasir, someone he did not recognize (who apparently had a fetch watching him because of a weapon?), Oliver (who would likely never talk to him), and Lily (who had just shown up).

His fingers waved towards America. "I'm glad to see you made it, America." A nod was given towards Lara next. "And you too, Miss Lupin. Actually, it's good to see everyone."

Lily also got a nod of greeting. There was a brief glance towards the Noble table, noting the appearance of a only barely recognized Noble. The one who had been tithed by Adoelle. His attention went back to the warg table for the time being.

shibrogane
jer says hi lara

iloveyouDIE
husbando

Melancholies
give ollie more reason to be grump at nobles pls

The Semblance of Unity
temperance hi; horace who are you

Smerdle
rabbit we have ur squeeps dwi

happy bonsai
hux who are you

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:05 pm
Nasir smiled, a little less watery, once Lara spoke. "I'm Nasir," he replied. "I'm just ... a little nervous being here. The last time I came here it was, um, very different." That sounded good, right? He looked towards America, wondering if she was going to be alright before Horace (and the fetch) and then Oliver made an appearance at the table.

(The Professor and his husband got a short wave of his hand.)

He was about to say something, to greet Oliver and Horace, before he found his arms linked with Lily. "Lily!" exclaimed Nasir happily. "I'm glad to see you!" Then he was tugging her to a seat, to sit down. "I can't deny being a nerd," there was a small laugh, "considering my major." Though he was now in college in Boston.

"... and you're not interrupting anything, Ollie. Kind of glad to see you and Horace both here too." Familiar faces, familiar faces around his age, were good things at an event that was suppose to decide the future.

shibrogane
nasir is nervous okay

iloveyouDIE
hi professor

Melancholies
ollie pls hang out with us pls pls pls

The Semblance of Unity
horace bless u

AMItotic
hux who are you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:25 am
"Oh yes, tons," said Felt. He frowned at Horace. Maybe at Horace? The mask made it hard for anyone to tell exactly what he was looking at. Maybe he wasn't even a he. LIKE, IT WAS HARD TO TELL. At the offer of the tonfa, Felt frowned harder. "That would be agreeable," he said, "but you wouldn't get it back."

"We're running out of chairs," Lara murmured to no one in particular.

The Semblance of Unity
azuredreams
AMItotic
iloveyouDIE
Melancholies

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 am
"Yeah, that's fine. I can always buy another." Horace reached into his pocket and detached the tonfa from his keychain. He felt a little anxious about it, like he was giving up a bit of control. What a frown on Felt, though. "Don't frown so hard; I'm freeing you up. But you can always hang around if you want to." He smiled and held out the tonfa to Felt.

Yes, I bring it, Oliver. It's on my keychain. Oliver got a look. Don't be mean to me; I'll cry. Another pause. What happened this week - are you ok?

"It's not so much a weapon as a tool," he said aloud.

Near his feet, Preacher snorted. "M'whole body is a weapon." Horace startled, glanced down, but saw nothing. She was already shooting towards some dark corner, the swiftest of minks. ...maybe he was hearing things, Horace thought. Nugget chose that moment to swoop down and circle Felt's head before flapping back up in the rafters or whatever.

"Crowded table, but that's just because it's the best table. We can always steal chairs from the other tables... Or-" He frowned for a second. "We should just push the tables together. Pangaea meeting!"

melancholies
shibrogane
azuredreams
lizbot
amitotic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:04 am
She watched, surprise in her eyes as Rabbit dragged a stool over. "I.. I think it'd be more awkward to talk to them now. I'm not really close friends with anyone, anyway." Except maybe Zac - who wasn't here. Temperance was kind of glad Rabbit ws sitting withe her.

"I really only know Hux - he threw a hospital bed at me once, Nasir - I patched him up once, and Lily." She shrugged. It was always easier to not keep very many close friends anyway. Lily she hadn't seen in forever and a day. Likewise, with the others, she guessed.

She sighed and continued to hug her knees to her chest. "You know I only fight and am loud because I don't know what else to do, right?"

smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:42 pm
Felt took the tonfa. It disappeared beneath his heavy black robes. "Don't cause any trouble," he said, "I'm still watching you." With that pretentious announcement, he glided away, the hem of his clothes barely moving with his steps. If he even had feet to take steps with. There were only hands and mouths to be seen on any of the fetches.

Lara squeaked at Preacher's voice, and picked her feet up off the ground. "Oh, dear," she said, "Be careful! Someone might step on you!" She hooked her heels onto the crossbar beneath her chair, which made her look oddly like she was perching on the edge of something.

"I'm not sure it can be lifted to move," she said, looking at hte table. "That seems like it would be rude..."

The Semblance of Unity
Quote:
And the rest of the warg table friends

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out