Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] It Never Fails (Preacher & Mercer) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:34 pm
"In part, that is it." He smiled a little bit, just because of her attitude. "Though he's not on fire in the same way anymore." No, it was only out of the corner of the eye. "So I suppose you could do so but I still advise against it."

While he was not a being of perpetual fire, he was still The Burning Man under all of it, and not someone to be trifled with.

"For all that the magic has seen my body become durable, things like that affect the mind mess with me badly." He shook his head. "... but we should move on to the topic at hand: what do you want to know about the invitation?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:29 pm
"Yeh, someone mentioned it. S'cool, I know 'ow he looks not on fire, too. Ain't never let a silly thing like that stop me afore," Preacher shrugged. One day she would throw down with The Artist Formerly Know as Burning Jerk. But that wasn't what she wanted to talk to Mercer about.

"Dint y'all have a meeting thing a bit ago wi' tha nobles? Was it 'bout this thing too?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 am
"We did, though our discussion was more or less to create a new one as opposed to alter the one we currently have," replied Jeremiah. "However, the physical manifestation of it - the one who bears the Sigil - is a young woman. Within her is another personality, the Spinel Lady, who embodies the Charter. She came into being thousands of years ago when those who created the Charter picked her as a channel for the magic.

"If we wish to make another Charter, we would have to do something about her. Though the consensus is to free her from the Sigil."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:33 am
"Yeah, tha chick on tha listserv wit numbers." She frowned. "Well, like, sure if ya can free her, do it. But if ya can't whatcha gonna do? She sounds too dangerous and like she ain't happy like this anyhow. Just end it." Preacher shrugged. It would be what she'd want. The idea of not being in control of her own personality was ********' shitty and kind of scary. The pack touch already made her damn sick, and the thing happening to Melany was worse.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:43 pm
"This is the part where I tell you that I have heard similar from a certain burning individual," Jeremiah replied with a look. "It's not so simple as to just end it, even if she has requested it. Either way, her freedom has become another motivation for trying to do something with the Charter. The Court cannot continue the way it is but the Charter is the reason why the spirit-bond was split.

"So everyone who has differentiated must be gathered to speak about it but more than that ... It was empowered by several people that exist now in a past cycle." A pause. "Those people would have to be involved to see it unraveled or changed."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:18 pm
She hadn't meant it as in the charter so much as in the girl herself. The charter might even dissolve without the girl. But Preacher wasn't going to elaborate on her own words.

"Yeah, yeah, no longer burning jerk Ezra. I'm saying if ya gotta kill tha charter, ya gotta have a backup wham bam thank ya ma'am ready to go asap after." She digested the bit about empowerment. "Well, I guess those people had damn good reason back then. No way ta ********' know without a time machine or... Is that chick Sunday still 'round?"

azuredleams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:12 pm
"You're taking it remarkably well that your opinion on just ending her is something you share in common with Ezra," Jeremiah replied, an eyebrow raising. Given her predisposition towards not liking Ezra, he somehow expected she would not be too pleased they might agree on something.

"... and yes, that is essentially what has been discussed so far. Have the new one ready to go as we dismantle the old one. The current Charter has to be entirely done away with or it will simply reform." A breath was let out. "I assume you mean the reason for creation? There were many reasons but one of them was to split the spirit-bond into two parts, not one. So the Charter is responsible for the creation of both moonwalkers and wargs. It governs their abilities as much as it governs the Nobles."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:38 am
"Jus' 'cause he's a ********' asshat who prob act'lly wears his a** as a hat don't mean he's always wrong. Even a ********' clock is right twice a day." She idly kicked some sand. Preacher shrugged; she could hate a man and agree that the sky was blue.

"Thas dumb, though. Let's split s**t up, let's make rules, ler's ******** 'em all over." She huffed. "I'da be all for down wit' tha whole system n' s**t, but we dunno how that'll ******** it all up. Ideally, it'd jsut revert but who tha ******** knows. N' 'less Sunday can dump me back at tha creation of s**t to watch, eh-" She shrugged, chewing her lip.

"Pride said it's better ta ******** up on y'own rather than know how people ******** up afore."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:35 pm
Jeremiah let out laugh, shaking his head with amusement before he sighed and nodded. "Whatever there true motives, it made sense at the time and they gathered the consent of those who existed. Those who bore our name and came before us."

Then he was pausing, as she had mentioned Sunday before and now again. He simply had been distracted by the other questions. "I don't know if Sunday is still around. In the old world? She was long dead. There was a portrait of her in the Shore mansion that's gone now. Admittedly, there was also a portrait of myself as well- though it was Jeremiah Tailor."

His head was tilted, looking at her with a raised eyebrow. "You met with Pride? I don't think he's entirely wrong. Sometimes learning the ways that people messed things up before can ... taint what we are trying to do."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:46 pm
"Why Tailor insteada Mercer? Wait, were ya married afore Algernon?" Preacher had made up her mind to try and find Sunday Funday and do a shake down. Or politely ask questions.

"Ye, Pride's alright. He ain't make me feel tha pack touch bullshit. Was wearin' ya coat. I still wanna know tho. I don't think I can continue if I don'. Issat weird?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:04 pm
"Because depending on the cycle, it's sometimes Tailor, not Mercer. They're both trade names. Though it is also my father's last name." Yet it was not Jeremiah's (and Preacher was welcome to ask). A nod was given as Preacher spoke.

"I gave it to him when I met him in Blackfriars, since he was without clothing." His fingers raked through his hair. "It isn't weird, not in the slightest. While it's better to make our own mistakes, not the same ones as before, we still need to learn what we can. If that means learning what happened before? So be it."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:22 pm
"What does a mercer do, merc? Also what's up with that chick what uses your last name. Noeh. She is tha whole reason we ever got a ********' charter mess ta deal with, anyhow." Preacher hmped loudly.

"I'm gonna learn itall, like some kinda bad decision knowledge sponge."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:46 pm
"Merchants. Mercer, like mercier," a French word for merchant, "is just a shortened version of it essentially." Jeremiah gave Preacher a curious look before he spoke again. "She's a half-sibling, though I do not know if that's something that's always so. We share the same father but different mothers and she likely reached out to use the name." Though he was not always sure why she would other than Jeremiah was more so family than Piers was.

Who knew.

"I wouldn't say she's the whole reason. The Charter was created at Adoelle's behest. Something about how it would take someone outside of the creation of the original Sigil to do what Noeh did." To break the spirit-bond in two and likely to give them more control over other ashdown (and it's magic). "I agree with learning everything, however, as it's the only way we can protect ourselves."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:46 am
She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Fancy as always, boss. Mebbe she wants ta deepen y'all's connection by usin' tha name."

"Pride made Minerva sound like a b***h n a half, tho." Preacher shrugged. The magic world was full of bitches, though. "Yeah, though, iffin I find anythin', I can tell ya."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 pm
"Possibly." Another small laugh at being called fancy. "Though it would have opened more doors for her back in England more than here. Though she may have wanted to distance herself from Piers which is understandable." Jeremiah was clearly not a fan of his father by any stretch.

"When we talked, Pride made both Adoelle and Minerva sound ..." Fingers flicked; a gesture to allude to what Preacher had just said about b***h n' a half. "Whatever knowledge I gain," he continued on, "you can have. Though at the moment, aside from the things that have to do with the Charter, I am back to gathering information about the original Sigil."

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces