azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:49 pm
"Only if I really know what I want to do. Like I have to know what I want to happen? Really picture it in my mind and then attach that to a particular hand gesture." Nasir felt a little silly for this but it was working for him, so he went with it.

"That's still pretty useful! Sounds like you were maybe feeling ... I guess my bond with him while I was warging."

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:16 pm
"Does it take long to do that... attaching? I have to focus on what I want to happen every time, but I'm getting better at making it stay once it's there." Kaleb didn't elaborate on what he was working on, at the moment he was more interested in Nasir's magic.

"Feeling magic has helped me find a way out a couple times now, but it would be easier if I could sense it from farther away..." He trailed off, somewhat distanced from his own words. The freckled teen shifted nervously, and took a deep breath. "Do you think you could show me that warg magic again, or some of your hand gestures?"

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:11 am
"Not too long? It kind of feels like I have to have a good idea of what I am wanting to do. The better I know what I want, the more sure I am of the outcome, the quicker I get it to stick." That was how he felt, at least. "I hope that makes sense."

Nasir was tilting his head, a little curious as Kaleb explained before he nodded. "I could do that! Do you want me to warg first or do the hand gestures?"

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:27 pm
"Yes!" Kaleb blurted out rather nervously, clearly torn between innocent excitement and hesitation. "I mean, either would be great, if you don't mind... Whichever you would like, but if you would rather not that's okay too, I wouldn't want to pressure you or anything!"

He forced his mouth shut before he could babble on for too long. Why hadn't his past self taken steps to learn how to be social instead of just hiding away in books? He could have joined boy scouts, volunteered at the library, joined some extracurricular programs at school... Now he was awkwardly suffering the consequences of his actions.

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:21 pm
Nasir laughed, smiling as he stretched and then moved to sit down on the ground. "Warging first then. It's easier on this side anyway and I don't get much of a headache at all. You don't mind watching me, right? I'll kind of, um, be out. Like I'm asleep."

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:39 pm
Kaleb sat down across from Nasir, hasty in his eagerness but also more relaxed by the taller man's friendly nature.

"I don't mind, is there a way to bring you back if something weird happens?" He asked, just in case. It had been pretty quiet here until Trouble ran into him, but at the same time, he wasn't sure how his own magic would hold up against real trouble yet.

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:43 pm
"Um, I don't know actually ... I can break the connection or if you kind of shake me enough, I guess. It should be fine." Nasir shook himself out, looking towards where Trouble was in the tree lines and then back to Kaleb.

"I'm going to go ahead and warg now," he said with a smile and closed his eyes. It was easy for him here, so very easy, and before he realized it he was once again seeing through Trouble's eyes. This time he was climbing to the highest point of the tree.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:59 am
Kaleb nodded, intently and with great determination. He would do his best!

Although the magic between Nasir and his familiar had been too thin to really notice while they were talking, the link seemed to strengthen again when Nasir closed his eyes. It travelled into the woods, with that same warm, heartbeat feeling from earlier. Kaleb was very tempted to check Nasir's pulse, just to confirm his suspicions, but instead he stayed where he was.

The teen's scientific mind played over questions as he observed the bond, how much was that magical link carrying? It seemed like the magic originated from Nasir rather than Trouble, but that made sense if it was a warg's magic that made the bond possible. Their earlier talk indicated it was something you could learn, and not always a spontaneous event, but what was it that made Trouble one of the latter?

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:41 am
Trouble did not seem to have anything inherently magical about him. If anything, he was an absolutely normal southern flying squirrel. Even if he was a little more cavalier about jumping and gliding from branch to branch (because sometimes Nasir liked to experience that; the sensation of gliding and near flight).

The young man still continued to stay connected though Trouble eventually reached the lowest branch. With a running leap, he glided towards the pair sitting down. Nasir was still riding along, not breaking his connection.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:08 pm
When the little creature came gliding through the air towards them, Kaleb grinned. There it was, that same magical haze he had seen earlier, tied to Nasir's body. Even if actually leaving one's body was a scary thought, there must be incredible freedom in having a perspective separate from your own.

"Are you guiding him?" Kaleb asked, raising his voice a little so the flying squirrel could hear over the wind.

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 am
Trouble landed with a soft thump, his tail flicking and a few chirps escaping. The question was answered as best as possible with the small squirrel bobbing his head a little bit. Nasir meanwhile was mostly just making suggestions for Trouble, ones he knew the small animal was likely to listen to.

Which was why he was scampering for Nasir's lap and up his shirt into a pocket that was hidden on it. He reappeared later with a piece of a protein cube, gliding back to the ground - though briefly landing on Kaleb's leg - and settled between both of the young men.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:29 pm
The thread connecting the warg and his familiar didn't change as Trouble made a nodding motion, there was no detectable sign to indicate suggestions were being made. That left the squirrel itself as a point of interest, Kaleb had never actually seen one up close before meeting Nasir.

Without a doubt, Trouble was adorable. The large brown eyes gave it a more mousey look compared to it's diurnal squirrel cousins, and the extra skin contributed to it's roundness as it nibbled on the cube of food. The freckled teen was utterly charmed, Nasir was pretty lucky to have such amazing magic, and such an adorable creature to share it with.

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:01 pm
Nasir didn't necessarily want to be there while Trouble was eating, so he let go in his mind and was blinking his eyes a moment later. His shoulders rolled, glasses pulled off and cleaned with the edge of his shirt.

"So were you able to see anything?" he asked, once his glasses were back on.

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:31 pm
Once again, Kaleb could tell when Nasir had returned to himself by the change in magic surrounding Trouble. It also returned to it's source.

He nodded happily in response to the question. "Yes! It was very much like before, except I had a bit more time to think about it. Although if you ever find out anything about why your bond happened all of a sudden, instead of having to learn it all slowly, I would really be curious to hear about it."

Kaleb looked down at Trouble, and wasn't even aware of the little smile growing on his face. Nasir's familiar was really just too cute.

azuredreams

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:35 pm
"I am actually ... looking into that," Nasir said with a smile. Trouble was steadily working on his protein cube, quite content with his existence at the moment. "It seems like most actually train to become a warg, not have it happen spontaneously, so there has to be a reason ..."

Though there was that Charter, so perhaps that was the reason why it happened spontaneously to some?

Grey Dragon

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces