Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] For the love of all things stabby [Aodh/Shun] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 pm
"Yes," Aodhan was grinning. "I mean, might as well give it a custom box to go with it? No charge either; I simply thought it would go well with it." The box seemed to be carved out darker wood and the markings, for lack of a better term, looked as if they were shadows.

It was brought over to Shun to open. The blade was not bright and shiny, not yet, but it was close to finished- it needed to be sharpened.

... and it needed a grip.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:06 pm
Shun's brow lifted at that. Well, that was a nice little bonus to say in the least. The box looked like it had been carved nicely as well. The somewhat shadowy touch it had in its appearance was unexpected... but suiting. In a way.

Looking into the box, he looked over the almost completed blade. It might not have been sharpened yet. but he could see that it was certainly coming along. The shape of the blade as there.

"Looking good so far. Seems that you really are almost done," he noted while he visually examined the metal.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:43 pm
"I really enjoyed working with it, so I ended up spending more time on it than a couple other projects," Aodh had an amused look but it faded away.

"You can lift it up if you want. There's no handle on it yet obviously but it'll at least give you an idea of what it will feel like once it's complete. The grip should not be adding too much weight to it."

The metal was the one Shun had picked out and was a good quality (no impurities to be seen in it either).

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:46 pm
"Excellent," Shun nodded in approval before reaching into the box to lift the blade up by the area that would eventually be encased in the grip. Now with it in hand, he gave it a closer examination before weighing it and testing out the balance that it currently had.

"This is some really fine work so far. And the metal you managed to get a hold of looks really good too."

After a few more minutes, he went ahead and carefully set it back into the box.

"I definitely look forward to seeing the finished product later on."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:03 pm
"When it's finish, I can set up a little test area for you if you want? I've got a place further in where I work with some of the blades I make." Aodh closed the box back up and set it back on the table.

He was, of course, pleased that Shun approved of the progress he had made so far. "The wood for the handle is all I am really waiting for at this point."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:14 pm
Shun lifted his head, then nodded, "I would like that."

It would be the best way to get a good feel for the blade, after all. Just holding it wasn't quite enough for that.

"Do you have a rough estimate of when it will be done?"

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:28 pm
"If the wood gets here in the next day or so, a week? I work pretty quickly with wood and considering you're not going for anything intricate carved into the handle, it won't take that long to prepare it." Aodh was leaning over to look at his notes before looking back at Shun.

"Honestly, even with issues of the delivery, you should have the blade within the next couple of weeks. Likely less."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:03 pm
"Good to hear. Just give me a call once it is complete and I will stop by."

Shun held the box back out for Aodh to take.

"In any case, I should let you get back to things."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:49 pm
"Absolutely." Aodh took the box back and set it back down on the table with a final pat to it. He was pleased with the work himself.

"You're, ah, with the department, aren't you?" The blonde scratched a finger along his jaw. "I only asked because Algernon Mercer is my coach." A pause. "Or he was, rather, when I was still actively working towards being a professional boxer."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:42 pm
Shun tilted his head, then nodded, "Yes. I am one of the detectives there. I know Algernon... and knew he boxed, but did not realize he also coached it."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:50 pm
"We still train together and he is still my coach," Aodh replied, watching Shun a moment. "He's been my coach since I started when I was still in high school." Which he was not anymore and, over on the wall, was a degree from a college. "The reason why I got my scholarship, to be honest. Paid for that degree."

He rubbed the side of his neck, smiling a little before he gestured towards the one that was on the wall (it was a fire resistant case that it was in and hung up by Jaro, not Aodh). "Anyway, I was asking because you train too, don't you?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:52 pm
"Impressive," Shun remarked before glancing towards the wall.

"I train, yes. Though I am not a boxer, myself."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:22 pm
"I'm a trained boxer," Aodh replied, "if I haven't made that clear." His build also implied it, though he was not overly muscled as some boxers got. "Competitions and the like. I could've gone professional but I didn't like my bell getting rung. One of my last matches at college, I got clocked hard enough I was having memory issues for a bit afterward. It's what made me decide against it."

There was a shake of his head, pale bangs blown out of his eyes.

"Either way, Alg mentioned you train and I could probably stand to learn some other styles of fighting just to keep myself active." Aodhan grinned a little. "So I was going to ask if you wanted to spar or the like."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 pm
That was unfortunate. Head injuries were a very real thing for boxers, though. At the offer of sparring, Shun lifted his head at that and nodded.

"Oh. Certainly. I am not one to turn down the prospective of a new sparring partner. Having a variety helps keep one sharp."

azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:12 pm
"I don't really myself. Aside from Algie, I've sparred with Jeremiah a couple of times though ..." Aodh looked thoughtful. "We've not done so since last year. Sigurd spars with me as well," one of the owners of Strongman Gym, "and occasionally I get Jaro into the ring."

His shoulders lifted in a shrug. "I want to stay in shape and not lose what I've put work into. Besides that, I could probably use some actual matches and Alg made it seem like you'd be a good choice to spar with."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces