[PRP]Algernon Mercer's Punch-Out ( jamie & alg ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:46 pm
"Wow, really? I didn't know that." It spoke to Alg's restraint that he'd never felt anything but soothing from the touch. Jamie understood how easy it could be to let yourself go or how tempting it might be to pass bad feelings onto someone you didn't get along with. He supposed being on good terms with Alg made it so he was blind to anything beyond the friendly uses, but Jamie easily gave him the benefit of the doubt.

"Do you think I could, like-" he paused, considering his own thought process. Even in his head it sounded silly, but what else could he do? The practice makes perfect adage was popular for a reason. "-set up some kinda practice schedule for myself...? How would you even practice this sort of thing at home?" He rubbed his hands together awkwardly.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:44 am
"I don't see why not, though as it's not situational and more ever-constant," Alg motioned to the pole again, indicating Jamie shouldn't stop practicing. "Now that you've seen a bit of what you can do, try and consciously only hit it with a certain strength. Even if it takes testing, find what you think is normal."

Something that didn't seem hurtful but also wouldn't peg him as weak.

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 pm
Jamie nodded. It seemed more likely he'd learn self-restraint by simply existing when he thought about it a little more, but the occasional trip to Other Ashdown to punch light poles probably wouldn't hurt. He'd have to hit Alg up again so he could borrow the gloves. Or maybe it would be better to buy his own.

No, no, he shook his head. That was something he'd worry about later.

"Okay," he agreed, looking back to his target. "I'll keep trying." No need to cut their practice short, after all. A few more swings in succession were a mix of weak to average and he stopped now and then to try and keep his stance correct. "Does... this look okay?"

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:42 am
Alg moved beside him and just pointed at certain angles in his wrist, elbow and shoulder, "No matter how strong you are there's no telling if it's putting stress on the body. Even if you are durable, that doesn't invincible. Safe from broken bones doesn't mean safety from things like dislocation."

It wasn't like Jamie was starting a boxing career but he could show him how to throw a proper punch and the older man raised his arms himself, and slowly extended his arm in a very professional looking demonstration of form.

"I try to just keep it always in the back of my mind, the control," Back to that topic. "Think to myself. Keep it reigned in. Once you've found your baseline, what you feel comfortable maintaining, I'm sure it will feel more natural." Alg did frown, "Though you'll never know if you can ever truly let loose."

It wasn't like they had Superman fights every week.

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:21 am
Whenever Alg instructed him, Jamie shifted his stance to follow. It wasn't something he'd pick up entirely in one session, but that was okay. The more he practiced it, the easier it would be.

"I definitely don't wanna hurt myself," he said, "but I don't wanna hurt anyone else, either. I guess I don't know if I'd be... that upset if I was never able to use my strength in a fight. Lifting the couch to vacuum under it, though, that could really come in handy." He laughed.

"It's just that I'm tired of the bad things, you know?"

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:21 am
"I never really wanted to fight but it seems," Alg looked over Jamie and nodded when he was holding his arms correctly, "fights have always found me. No reason not to be prepared."

Once he had the form down, once he'd started some measure of control on his strength, Alg could give him proper training in movement.

"Oh I know exactly what you mean," The older man smiled a bit sadly, "Very tired of bad things." More than he could ever discuss.

"But hopefully we can fix things.." And less bad things would happen. One could always hope.

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:33 pm
"Sometimes I wanna give up, but I know we can't." Jamie used practicing as an excuse not to look directly at Algernon. It was always easier to talk about heavy things that way, at least with anyone who wasn't Shiloh. It was difficult for him to keep from getting misty if he tried to look someone in the eye when the conversation got serious.

"'Cause sometimes it feels like no matter what we do, nothing ever gets better. I just... keep telling myself it will if we keep going. It has to." And part of him believed that, even if the other part wasn't quite as sure.

"That's part of the reason I wanted you to train me. So I'd be ready no matter what and there wouldn't be anything that could, um, y'know... get in my way if I needed to do something."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:13 am
"I know how you feel," Alg said honestly, with a lower voice and a sigh. It was something he'd lamented to Jeremiah time and time again. When was there a break? When would this magical world give them anything good or fun. Even a moment of satisfaction could break the repetitive string of disappointments and tragedies.

"All we can do is hope. And fight," The Professor nodded in agreement, "Not always with our fists, but mentally too. There is more conditioning than just physical because every disappointment is a blow."

Alg did put a reassuring hand on Jamie's shoulder, "But to reach out and get stronger is the first step. We'll be fine." He meant all of them and found himself saying more often recently than he liked to. He was convincing himself as much as he was anyone else.

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:39 am
It was when Alg's hand found his shoulder that Jamie finally stopped practicing and actually looked at him. There was a cautious hope in his eyes.

"Yeah," he said with a small, sheepish laugh, "I'm gonna keep practicing. I'm gonna learn how to handle things better so I can keep going." Then he looked away again, scuffing the heel of his shoe on the ground.

"Hey, um, by the way..." he looked at one of his hands as he spoke, "After this... would you help me pick out some gloves like this for myself?"

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:39 pm
Alg's hand slipped away and he nodded with a smile, "Yes, of course. It'd probably do to have a pair in your own size."

He stepped back away a moment, "And there's also a gym some of us go to. It's quiet. The owner's are nice," Alg scratched his head.

"I'm not keen on practicing in front of people.." He admitted, "But it's alright there."

saedusk

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:02 pm
"Oh? Do you think it would be okay if I went there? The only time I've ever really gone to a gym was to work out with Shiloh." To be fair, Jamie wasn't totally sure how he might feel practicing in front of other people, either. At the same time, it was an interesting opportunity, if only because there might be other people there willing to give him pointers.

It was weird being an introvert with the social drive of an extrovert. Sometimes it was absolutely exhausting, but the idea of finding new people to talk to or new friends to make was sort of exciting, too.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:37 am
The more Alg spent time with Jamie the more he realized how similar they both were.

"Sure, the owner's are very nice and even if friendly, will leave you be if that's what you want," The professor's hands went back into his pocket. "But I'm just as happy to help in the meantime."

It was safer, of course, until Jamie got a handle on things and since they weren't in a rush they could take their time.

saedusk
sorry this is old. we can phase it out if you want? just leave them beating on poles ok that sounds gay

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:19 am
"Okay!" he replied, his eyes brighter and cheerier, because reassurance was the best way to boost Jamie up. Even if he knew something would be okay realistically, just telling him it would be made all the difference. "Thanks, Alg. I'd like to go sometime, but for now-"

Turning back to the pole, Jamie put up his fists and looked playfully determined. "Let's keep practicing."

iloveyouDIE
beating on poles.... LOL that works tho we can end it here! thanks for the rp!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff