[PRP] update 2.0 (fox & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:32 pm
"What a creative name." Fox sounded only slightly sarcastic - a tone she didn't usually take at work. In fact, a certain amount of her at-work glamour was gone in the safety of her home. She quietly scrolled through the pictures, brows raising only once at the picture of the building she was ever so familiar with. Bento barely shifted as Jeremiah leaned forward, butt raising in the air as she kneaded her paws and meowed loudly, bumping her head against his hand. Prrrrr. Prrrrrrrrr. Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

She frowned as Jeremiah mentioned he'd already been introduced to the cage, the slightest bit of scowl tracing around her eyes at this knowledge. Of course nobody wanted to tell her anything. Little miss unmagical Fox, all she was good for was being vaguely threatened and left out of the loop. "It won't stop me from trying." she said, crossing her arms before sighing.

"Then what I have will only help me figure out how to open one cage. That's fine." Though first things first, she'd need to figure out what her little piece of disaster was made out of.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:38 pm
Jeremiah continued to scritch at Bento, a faint twitch of his lips at Fox's tone. Her expression, that slight change, was not missed. Not by him. "Miss Bliskiss, I only recently found the information out- as in within the past twenty-four hours. I would have approached you the previous evening but you were otherwise preoccupied with Renard Leroux. Here I am today, however, and informing you."

He held a hand back out to take his phone from her.

"Actually, opening Liam Noor's cage will help lead to the other cage opening. This case ties into something that I, and others, have been working on over the last year. In short: I am offering my assistance if you want to open his cage. I've been told a manner to do so. The more magical people involved, not just myself, the better but you are able to help in other ways. Sometimes people with magic tend to forget that not everything needs to be fixed with more magic."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:14 am
Fox relinquished the phone readily. Wasn't her phone, after all, and she didn't want to find out if there were 'These are for my husband only' pictures on it after she'd seen what she needed to see.

"Oh, it's not just you." Fox stated. "Of the handful of people I've spoken to on this case, I feel like only two have considered me able to even try to help despite not having any magical bones in my body." The joke was on her. Every single one of her bones was at least magically reinforced. Not that she was going to be hit with any baseball bats anytime soon to find that out.

Fox's eyes flicked over to one of the doors that lead off the living room, and briefly she rose to pass through it, returning after a moment to gently set a piece of something down on her coffee table. If Jeremiah had seen the 'cage' of Liam Noor, he'd likely recognize it's strangely shimmery opalescent-yet-not surface.

"I brought this piece of it with me." she stated simply, "I've been trying to decide the best way to start with the entire cage by starting with a small piece." Yet she hadn't decided a course of action from there yet. Did she go to a mineral appraiser to see if they could figure out the composition of something that she hadn't been able to break with her hands? Did she just hold onto it until something struck her as plausible? It was likely pure magic and well..... she wasn't.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:57 pm
Jeremiah had not seen the cage, not in person, and had only heard of it. His eyes, on the other hand, knew something made of magic almost immediately (and for a brief moment they glowed brighter before returning to their normal faintly reflective state).

"Would you mind if I hold it for a moment?" he asked her. "I've no desire to try anything with it right now but the method that I have been informed of is that we throw magic at it, this small piece, until we see what sticks. You would need a group of people and someone to observe."

His gaze focused on her. "It is not that you're not able to help - you are quite capable, to be entirely honest - it's that you cannot always follow where you might need to go. The other part you're already aware of: you will find yourself in the deep end without warning. There's little room to breathe."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:30 am
Fox settled back into her chair, seeming to have settled into just the right position, as Bento suddenly jumped from Jeremiah's shoulder, onto the table, then onto Fox's chest, causing the woman to 'oomf' slightly as all four paws sunk into her flesh. They felt like the entire universe weighed on each one.

"Of course, go ahead," she wheezed as she rearranged Bento's paws, the rex purring and curling around her neck so her head rested on one shoulder and her hind legs on the other. "I can't say I had too many ideas to start with, so that's at least a better go-to than I had going for me." she admitted.

Fox traced a finger around the mark on her wrist as Jeremiah spoke, reigning in the small frown that threatened to appear. "I can go to one place I need to, and perhaps that's going to be the best place for me to start again. If nothing else, I can keep an eye on it and make sure nothing has changed." Plus she still needed to go back and take pictures. This was an important step in her investigation as well. "I can't say I'd revisit how I was given at least that step, but I have it now."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:51 pm
Jeremiah just raised an eyebrow as Bento jumped back onto Fox and promptly made her into a Bento bed. His eyes went back to the piece of Liam's cage, plucking it up and holding it in hand.

"The step came from Renard? Along with that?" Bright eyes, more than blue than green, flicked to the mark she traced on her wrist. "I don't know how we would be able to set something up to try and crack this if you are unable to come properly to other ashdown and have access only to where Liam himself is caged. It is, however, good if you do keep an eye on things to make sure it doesn't change."

He looked back down to the piece he held. "I'm going to see if I can pick anything up with this, alright?" Jeremiah was just alerting her to it, in case something went haywire. Not that he expected it to but one never knew. His fingers closed around the piece one by one, eyes closing as he focused on it and tried to reach out to it- to see if there was anything he could discern.

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
just a quick wonder if jeremiah can pick up anything by, you know, holding this/trying to sense things? prob not but who knows.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:06 pm
Bento adjusted and readjusted her sleeping position repeatedly, Fox leaning her head back to allow the cat to try and find the position she actually wanted to be in while purring. Once settled, Fox rested her chin on the back of the cat.

"It came." she answered, though her tone seemed to say 'yes', though she seemed to be pointedly keeping from mentioning Renard's direct involvement with everything that had happened to her. "Right now, my course of action is to treat this as I would any crime scene and document, photograph, and detail everything I can find about it until I exhaust my options with it. Then I'll figure out how to proceed from there. I'm not limited until I reach that point."

Though Jeremiah was right in that perhaps her inability to reach anywhere else would prevent her from following up on some things once she got to it.

"I'm not going to stop you from doing..." she gestured with a hand and Bento suddenly rolled out, perking up to bump her head into it with a loud purr before settling with her butt in Fox's face, "...whatever it is you're gonna do."

She'd just try to guess until he was done.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:35 pm
There was nothing there. The stone might as well have not been there for all the information Jeremiah was able to pull out of it--he couldn't even get a feel for the texture. It was like holding concentrated nothingness.

azuredreams
demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:18 am
It came was as damning as saying yes, though Jeremiah was not going to push the point. He would simply assume that Renard had likely requested silence of her. His focused shifted to the stone - a response to the rest of what she said delayed - trying to pick anything up only to blink his eyes open.

"It's nothing." He had a tone of surprise, albeit frank. "As if I am holding something that is made of nothing. A void, an emptiness ..." Jeremiah looked up to her. "I'm not sure what that implies exactly but it's not entirely a comfortable thing to discover." It also made him a little more concerned about trying to open it up- that freeing Liam may be more complicated than tossing things at this piece of the cage and seeing what sticks.

"You are welcome to pursue this and there are, of course, procedures to follow when things become more clearly tied to magic." A breath escaped. "Magical disappearances can be classified as such but you may find that there is not an accurate way to report this. As some details are not, honestly, believable to the rest of the world."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:29 pm
Initially, the 'nothing' comment was enough to prompt a strange look before it was clarified as an actual feeling of nothing. That... "So it feels like nothing magically but I..." it felt like something in her hand. However, she wasn't given any way to just feel more than the surface.

"Of course. I will..." what would she do with that? She couldn't file paperwork that said 'Went to another world, found Liam Noor encased in magical nothingness' without likely having to see a psychiatrist. "Find a way to word things as needed in this instance for the sake of bureaucracy." It wasn't the way Fox wanted to have to do things, but it made sense in this case.

"As it stands, I was given a lead on information to help lead to Liam Noor's whereabouts and am following up on it." Easy enough, right?

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:20 pm
"Does it feel differently to you?" Jeremiah inquired, watching her [removed](and Bento who seemed all too much at home making Fox her personal rest).

"You can work it under a magical disappearance but there's only so much that can be understood. It is easy enough to go with what you have stated and continue to follow up." A pause. "In most, when this first started, I found it easier to keep notes and case work separate from the work ones. Transcribe over what can be explained. This world does not understand magic nearly as much as it wishes."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:54 pm
Fox considered the song and dance Jeremiah was recommending. “I…feel much more comfortable doing that, to be honest.” It had a bit more credibility to it and it was probably easy enough for her, a totally not magic user, to shrug her way through questions about paperwork with ‘it was magic’ and have no explanation beyond it. This must have been what it would be like to work on the X Files.

She held the chunk of the cage firmly in her hand, trying to place if it felt anything beyond nothingness to her as it did to Jeremiah’s more magically inclined touch.

Bento just purred loudly.

shibrogane
Physical touch test from Fox! Does the piece of cage feel like nothing when held?

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:56 pm
It felt like something to Fox.

It had weight. Heft. Like something inside it was reaching out to her. A knock against her soul: Fox, are you there?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:20 pm
"Paperwork is a necessary evil and, often enough, a saving grace. When all else fails, you have paperwork that can clarify what you were doing and it documents what was done and how it was done." His fingers flicked, a notebook appearing with a pen attached to it. Jeremiah flipped it open and there was neat, orderly penmanship on the pages.

"Regardless of what you've actually reported in. Keeping notes for yourself is the best thing you can do. Work it like a case even if it goes far beyond the normality of most cases." Then Jeremiah fell silent, watching the young woman as she handled the piece of the cage. He honestly would not have been surprised if it did feel different to her.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 pm
"Treat it like any other case, report it a bit more normally to those who absolutely need to see it on paper." Fox repeated, though she didn't have a pocket-space notebook to consult with like Jeremiah just had pulled out of nowhere. She just had a normal pocket notebook. That wasn't in her pocket at that time. "I'll follow your lead then, Chief." she relented. It really was her first case of an investigation getting magical, so the experience Jeremiah supplied in that situation was a bit more valuable than a book.

If Jeremiah was keeping a watch on Fox's face as she investigated the piece in her hand, startling and nearly dropping it as it seemed to react to the fact she was actually feeling it out. A small frown creased her face. "There's...there's definitely something..." she said, wondering if she could perhaps knock back against whatever she was feeling.

Hello yes, this is Fox.

Shibrogane
[Phonedog]Hello yes, this is Fox.

Azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items